FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Next TPAC, When and where? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2016022-next-tpac-when-where.html)

Dublin_rfk Apr 17, 2020 7:40 pm

Next TPAC, When and where?

Who’s up for a TPAC? It looks like earliest date is now mid May. I just rescheduled for 19 May (two months delayed) SFO TPE. I’m hoping the third time is the charm.

HNLbasedFlyer Apr 17, 2020 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk (Post 32302940)
I just rescheduled for 19 May (two months delayed) SFO TPE. I’m hoping the third time is the charm.

Would like to be proved wrong but I see 0% chance of that happening

nexusCFX Apr 17, 2020 7:56 pm

Who’s up for a TPAC? It looks like earliest date is now mid May. I just rescheduled for 19 May (two months delayed) SFO TPE. I’m hoping the third time is the charm.

I already cancelled my flight to Japan at end of May. I'm sorry to say but I think third time will not be the charm.

Next TPAC I have is SFO-NRT on UA in November, hoping that works out.

PsiFighter37 Apr 17, 2020 8:04 pm

Will be EWR-HND or EWR-PVG, assuming either route makes it, about a year from now.

UA_Flyer Apr 17, 2020 8:30 pm

Did you just reschedule? There is no SFO-TPE direct flight until June 4 (together with all other transpac flights: PEK. SIN, CTU, MEL etc)
Unless you are flying UA to NRT and connect onto NH on May 20.

No one should be blaming the airlines as most jurisdictions in AsPac has closed the border to non-citizens. Unless you are a diplomat or a citizen of Taiwan or PR, you cannot enter or transit at TPE. If you are, you can go now on other airlines such BR, CI or through NH via NRT.

All the June 4 transpac flights are just placeholders in the schedule. Unless borders are open, they will be delayed further.

I have been waiting to fly to SIN and have gone through five changes and counting......

Long Zhiren Apr 17, 2020 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer (Post 32302945)
Would like to be proved wrong but I see 0% chance of that happening

SFO-HKG late June (changed from early March). We will see what happens.

uastarflyer Apr 17, 2020 8:41 pm

I am hoping for Q4 at this point. Before that is really optimistic. Specifically SIN and SE Asia.

HNLbasedFlyer Apr 17, 2020 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Long Zhiren (Post 32303032)

I have a trip to Vegas in mid-July - I give that at best a 50/50 chance (if they are open and there is a flight, I'm going). Transpacs seem many months away - hopefully I'm not right

kevflyer Apr 17, 2020 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Long Zhiren (Post 32303032)

Even if the SFO-HKG flights are back, assuming same policies today remain in place in late June, you will be placed in a mandatory 14-day quarantine upon arrival, and that is if you are even allowed into HKG (non-residents banned)

I'm also up for SFO-HKG in mid-late June. I will cancel if UA doesn't (which I'm 99% sure they will at this point)

Dublin_rfk Apr 17, 2020 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer (Post 32303028)
Did you just reschedule? There is no SFO-TPE direct flight until June 4 (together with all other transpac flights: PEK. SIN, CTU, MEL etc)
Unless you are flying UA to NRT and connect onto NH on May 20.

No one should be blaming the airlines as most jurisdictions in AsPac has closed the border to non-citizens. Unless you are a diplomat or a citizen of Taiwan or PR, you cannot enter or transit at TPE. If you are, you can go now on other airlines such BR, CI or through NH via NRT.

All the June 4 transpac flights are just placeholders in the schedule. Unless borders are open, they will be delayed further.

I have been waiting to fly to SIN and have gone through five changes and counting......

You are correct sir. There are no direct flights. I was originally nonstop and have been rescheduling to to arrive as soon as possible (now rescheduled again) on SFO NRT TPE. NRT TPE was scheduled on NH. I do expect to see it change again. My company has a contract with the Government of Taiwan and has been allowed access.

myperks Apr 17, 2020 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk (Post 32303142)
You are correct sir. There are no direct flights. I was originally nonstop and have been rescheduling to to arrive as soon as possible (now rescheduled again) on SFO NRT TPE. NRT TPE was scheduled on NH. I do expect to see it change again. My company has a contract with the Government of Taiwan and has been allowed access.

i have family members that had a May 20th TPE SFO nonstop UA booked in I class. Now checking their itinerary, it shows no segments and to accept the change. What change? There are no segments anymore. Will UA put them on non stop EVA that is still operating that day and I class available? In this case will they try to charge 10k miles more because of partner surcharge?

Totoro Apr 17, 2020 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer (Post 32303028)
Unless you are a diplomat or a citizen of Taiwan or PR, you cannot enter or transit at TPE.

And what, pray tell, does being PRC citizen have to do with transiting or entering Taiwan? They are foreigners like any other nationality and therefore barred from transit or entry.

​​​​

myperks Apr 17, 2020 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Totoro (Post 32303247)
And what, pray tell, does being PRC citizen have to do with transiting or entering Taiwan? They are foreigners like any other nationality and therefore barred from transit or entry. Perhaps PRC propaganda about their sovereignty over Taiwan has actually fooled the general public.

​​​​

PR is permanent resident (residence certificate holder) in this case IMO.

UA_Flyer Apr 17, 2020 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Totoro (Post 32303247)
And what, pray tell, does being PRC citizen have to do with transiting or entering Taiwan? They are foreigners like any other nationality and therefore barred from transit or entry.
​​​​

I am totally lost on this post!

My post was about Taiwan citizen and PR (permanent Resident) of Taiwan.

jsloan Apr 18, 2020 12:58 am

Originally Posted by myperks (Post 32303213)
i have family members that had a May 20th TPE SFO nonstop UA booked in I class. Now checking their itinerary, it shows no segments and to accept the change. What change? There are no segments anymore. Will UA put them on non stop EVA that is still operating that day and I class available? In this case will they try to charge 10k miles more because of partner surcharge?

If EVA has I space on that date, available for partner booking, can certainly put them on it. They should waive the mileage difference, although it wouldn't entirely surprise me if a phone representative tried to charge it. Try saying "it was an involuntary change," and if that doesn't work, hang up and call again. That said, I only see I1 on that flight, so that may not work for everyone.