Next TPAC, When and where?

Old Apr 17, 20, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Next TPAC, When and where?

Whos up for a TPAC? It looks like earliest date is now mid May. I just rescheduled for 19 May (two months delayed) SFO TPE. Im hoping the third time is the charm.
Old Apr 17, 20, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk View Post
I just rescheduled for 19 May (two months delayed) SFO TPE. Im hoping the third time is the charm.
Would like to be proved wrong but I see 0% chance of that happening
Old Apr 17, 20, 7:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Premier Silver
Whos up for a TPAC? It looks like earliest date is now mid May. I just rescheduled for 19 May (two months delayed) SFO TPE. Im hoping the third time is the charm.
I already cancelled my flight to Japan at end of May. I'm sorry to say but I think third time will not be the charm.

Next TPAC I have is SFO-NRT on UA in November, hoping that works out.
Kannai likes this.
Old Apr 17, 20, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Marriott Bonvoy Gold; ALL Gold; Hertz PC
Will be EWR-HND or EWR-PVG, assuming either route makes it, about a year from now.
Old Apr 17, 20, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS, AA*EXP, Hyatt*Globalist
Did you just reschedule? There is no SFO-TPE direct flight until June 4 (together with all other transpac flights: PEK. SIN, CTU, MEL etc)
Unless you are flying UA to NRT and connect onto NH on May 20.

No one should be blaming the airlines as most jurisdictions in AsPac has closed the border to non-citizens. Unless you are a diplomat or a citizen of Taiwan or PR, you cannot enter or transit at TPE. If you are, you can go now on other airlines such BR, CI or through NH via NRT.

All the June 4 transpac flights are just placeholders in the schedule. Unless borders are open, they will be delayed further.

I have been waiting to fly to SIN and have gone through five changes and counting......
Old Apr 17, 20, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer View Post
Would like to be proved wrong but I see 0% chance of that happening
SFO-HKG late June (changed from early March). We will see what happens.
Old Apr 17, 20, 8:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K .97MM, IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
I am hoping for Q4 at this point. Before that is really optimistic. Specifically SIN and SE Asia.
Old Apr 17, 20, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Long Zhiren View Post
I have a trip to Vegas in mid-July - I give that at best a 50/50 chance (if they are open and there is a flight, I'm going). Transpacs seem many months away - hopefully I'm not right
Old Apr 17, 20, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Long Zhiren View Post
Even if the SFO-HKG flights are back, assuming same policies today remain in place in late June, you will be placed in a mandatory 14-day quarantine upon arrival, and that is if you are even allowed into HKG (non-residents banned)

I'm also up for SFO-HKG in mid-late June. I will cancel if UA doesn't (which I'm 99% sure they will at this point)
Old Apr 17, 20, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer View Post
Did you just reschedule? There is no SFO-TPE direct flight until June 4 (together with all other transpac flights: PEK. SIN, CTU, MEL etc)
Unless you are flying UA to NRT and connect onto NH on May 20.

No one should be blaming the airlines as most jurisdictions in AsPac has closed the border to non-citizens. Unless you are a diplomat or a citizen of Taiwan or PR, you cannot enter or transit at TPE. If you are, you can go now on other airlines such BR, CI or through NH via NRT.

All the June 4 transpac flights are just placeholders in the schedule. Unless borders are open, they will be delayed further.

I have been waiting to fly to SIN and have gone through five changes and counting......
You are correct sir. There are no direct flights. I was originally nonstop and have been rescheduling to to arrive as soon as possible (now rescheduled again) on SFO NRT TPE. NRT TPE was scheduled on NH. I do expect to see it change again. My company has a contract with the Government of Taiwan and has been allowed access.
UA_Flyer, pilot007 and artvandalay like this.

Last edited by Dublin_rfk; Apr 17, 20 at 9:59 pm
Old Apr 17, 20, 10:40 pm

You are correct sir. There are no direct flights. I was originally nonstop and have been rescheduling to to arrive as soon as possible (now rescheduled again) on SFO NRT TPE. NRT TPE was scheduled on NH. I do expect to see it change again. My company has a contract with the Government of Taiwan and has been allowed access.
i have family members that had a May 20th TPE SFO nonstop UA booked in I class. Now checking their itinerary, it shows no segments and to accept the change. What change? There are no segments anymore. Will UA put them on non stop EVA that is still operating that day and I class available? In this case will they try to charge 10k miles more because of partner surcharge?
Old Apr 17, 20, 11:02 pm

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer View Post
Unless you are a diplomat or a citizen of Taiwan or PR, you cannot enter or transit at TPE.
And what, pray tell, does being PRC citizen have to do with transiting or entering Taiwan? They are foreigners like any other nationality and therefore barred from transit or entry.

​​​​

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 18, 20 at 12:29 am Reason: Let's not go OMNI
Old Apr 17, 20, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Totoro View Post
And what, pray tell, does being PRC citizen have to do with transiting or entering Taiwan? They are foreigners like any other nationality and therefore barred from transit or entry. Perhaps PRC propaganda about their sovereignty over Taiwan has actually fooled the general public.

​​​​
PR is permanent resident (residence certificate holder) in this case IMO.
Old Apr 17, 20, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS, AA*EXP, Hyatt*Globalist
Originally Posted by Totoro View Post
And what, pray tell, does being PRC citizen have to do with transiting or entering Taiwan? They are foreigners like any other nationality and therefore barred from transit or entry.
​​​​
I am totally lost on this post!

My post was about Taiwan citizen and PR (permanent Resident) of Taiwan.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 18, 20 at 12:30 am Reason: removed response to deleted comments
Old Apr 18, 20, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myperks View Post
i have family members that had a May 20th TPE SFO nonstop UA booked in I class. Now checking their itinerary, it shows no segments and to accept the change. What change? There are no segments anymore. Will UA put them on non stop EVA that is still operating that day and I class available? In this case will they try to charge 10k miles more because of partner surcharge?
If EVA has I space on that date, available for partner booking, can certainly put them on it. They should waive the mileage difference, although it wouldn't entirely surprise me if a phone representative tried to charge it. Try saying "it was an involuntary change," and if that doesn't work, hang up and call again. That said, I only see I1 on that flight, so that may not work for everyone.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: