FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The 2021 Premier 1K [re]qualification thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2002440-2021-premier-1k-re-qualification-thread.html)

Repooc17 Jan 3, 2020 6:56 pm

Anything below 1K is not worthy on FT.

kilo Jan 3, 2020 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by zoned_post_meridiem (Post 31906331)
With PQP = $, why wouldn’t it just cost $24k?

Although unlikely it could cost less because united actually doesn’t have to spend money flying you.

It might cost more towards the end of the year as United take advantage of those who simply do not have the time to fly.

bart889 Jan 3, 2020 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by kilo (Post 31906487)
Although unlikely it could cost less because united actually doesn’t have to spend money flying you.

It might cost more towards the end of the year as United take advantage of those who simply do not have the time to fly.

I just took a look at the awards accelerator offers on my next trip. They're selling RDMs at 2.5 cents each, and PQPs at 96 cents each.

Curious to see just how expensive PQPs get towards the end of the year.

JetAway Jan 3, 2020 8:45 pm

I imagine there are people who would pay $24K now in order to secure 1K benefits for this year and the next.

zoned_post_meridiem Jan 3, 2020 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by bart889 (Post 31906554)
I just took a look at the awards accelerator offers on my next trip. They're selling RDMs at 2.5 cents each, and PQPs at 96 cents each.

Curious to see just how expensive PQPs get towards the end of the year.

I wonder if you could just get some last-minute flights in F totalling 24k, not show up for them (i.e., no refund), and get the PQPs. If PQP = $ paid to United, then maybe?

WineCountryUA Jan 3, 2020 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by zoned_post_meridiem (Post 31906652)
I wonder if you could just get some last-minute flights in F totalling 24k, not show up for them (i.e., no refund), and get the PQPs. If PQP = $ paid to United, then maybe?

PQPs will not post until the flight is taken, like PQDs..

narvik Jan 5, 2020 3:23 am

Originally Posted by narvik (Post 31903447)
I likely will have almost 5200 PQP by early February...

This is becoming absurd: looks like I'll have banked approximately 10000 PQP by 2nd of February with only $2000 spend with UA, and making an effort to book away from United as much as possible.

How is this helping United?? :confused:

I'm now in full: let's-spend-as-little-as-possible-with-UA-but-still-get-1K-for-2021 mode! :cool:

hscottm Jan 5, 2020 5:47 am

Narvik, are you willing to give some examples on your itineraries, prices, and airlines you booked on?

kb1992 Jan 5, 2020 6:40 am

Originally Posted by hscottm (Post 31910982)
Narvik, are you willing to give some examples on your itineraries, prices, and airlines you booked on?

I am pretty sure that UA will adjust PQP on *A flights and close this loophole soon.

Aussienarelle Jan 5, 2020 7:31 am

Originally Posted by kb1992 (Post 31911078)
I am pretty sure that UA will adjust PQP on *A flights and close this loophole soon.

I am not so certain as with the removal of the PQD exemption for foreign addresses, the PQP on *A flights is how they get non-US folks to keep choosing UA (or at least I think this is the reasoning). Many UA FTers complained there was no PQD for non-016 tickets and this now solves that problem.

Not saying that UA many not "tweek" with the earnings rate but I do not think they will shut it down.

Silver Fox Jan 5, 2020 7:57 am

I am absolutely certain that my brain hurts over all this! :)

Repooc17 Jan 5, 2020 7:57 am

Originally Posted by narvik (Post 31910679)
How is this helping United?? :confused:

Certain partner flights UA would revenue share. With JV agreements, whether you booked UA or partner, all parties get a piece of the pie.

The large majority of folks are not changing how they book tickets - not their money anyway.

narvik Jan 5, 2020 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 31911258)
.... all parties get a piece of the pie.

One of those partner flights costs US$81 (plus taxes & fees); not sure UA is getting rich off that one!

exerda Jan 5, 2020 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle (Post 31911193)
I am not so certain as with the removal of the PQD exemption for foreign addresses, the PQP on *A flights is how they get non-US folks to keep choosing UA (or at least I think this is the reasoning). Many UA FTers complained there was no PQD for non-016 tickets and this now solves that problem.

Not saying that UA many not "tweek" with the earnings rate but I do not think they will shut it down.

While I don't think they'll shut it down, they will definitely adjust the earning rates. Probably they'll also favor JV flights in some way so that they are directly receiving revenue, too.

narvik Jan 5, 2020 10:06 am

Originally Posted by hscottm (Post 31910982)

Premium Fare Deals is your friend.

Look for Star Alliance: there's LX/LH (ARN-PEK, ARN-BKK, or ARN-HKG) R/T in business for ~ U$1400 right now.