FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   The 2021 Premier 1K [re]qualification thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2002440-2021-premier-1k-re-qualification-thread.html)

J.Edward Dec 23, 2020 10:32 am

Crossed the finish line yesterday with about 9.2k PQPs.

Have north of 700 plus points (plus whatever I earn next year) to figure out how to use.

bluedemon211 Dec 25, 2020 9:43 pm

Passed the 26 flight/$9,000 PQP level yesterday. Got the 280 points in my account today! Quick question; when are those points supposed to expire? It could just be a timing or a UA IT thing, but they all dropped into the 1/31/22 bucket. I thought they were supposed to expire 7/31/2022. Am I mistaken or will this get adjusted after a while? Thanks.

IAH-OIL-TRASH Dec 25, 2020 10:19 pm

Passed the 26 PQF late summer. Finally passing 9k PQP Tuesday December 29. Hard to justify buying First when CPUs are as common as Kirby catering cuts.

leler85 Dec 26, 2020 2:15 am

Squeaked on by with this final trip for the year at 10k PQP. I have no idea what travel will look like next year so my PlusPoints will probably be wasted (again). Happy holidays everyone!

bajong Dec 26, 2020 12:25 pm

I already re-qualified for 1k for 2021, but my wife is is 1 PQF short (at 25). She has over 9k in PQP. She is a 1k now and has qualified on her own for the past several years. We cancelled many trips this year due to COVID and our travel is done for the year. Do you think UA would still qualify her for 1k for 2021 being 1 PQF short? Our next scheduled trip is not until late January. Thanks for any input you can offer.

Kmxu Dec 26, 2020 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by bajong (Post 32914614)
I already re-qualified for 1k for 2021, but my wife is is 1 PQF short (at 25). She has over 9k in PQP. She is a 1k now and has qualified on her own for the past several years. We cancelled many trips this year due to COVID and our travel is done for the year. Do you think UA would still qualify her for 1k for 2021 being 1 PQF short? Our next scheduled trip is not until late January. Thanks for any input you can offer.

No, just take a quick flight before the end of year.
Good luck.

Edit: You will definitely get 280 PlusPoints by taking this extra flight.

DELee Dec 26, 2020 1:04 pm

No. Take an UA flight.

David

ContinentalFan Dec 26, 2020 1:17 pm

I see you’re based in Hawaii, which is tough: a trip isn’t trivial, but I don’t see any way around it. It’s worth it for the benefits.

cfischer Dec 26, 2020 5:36 pm

or buy PQP instead of taking the extra flight. UA will absolutely not give out +Ps for free.

DELee Dec 26, 2020 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 32915303)
or buy PQP instead of taking the extra flight. UA will absolutely not give out +Ps for free.

Unclear why the OP's wife would want/need PQPs since she's short 1 PQF.

David

SPN Lifer Dec 26, 2020 9:26 pm

Upon meeting the minimum 4 PQF, there are two ways to qualify:

PQP + PQF or PQP (higher)

The suggestion is to qualify solely by higher PQP if the PQP + PQF combo is out of reach.

DELee Dec 26, 2020 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post 32915656)
Upon meeting the minimum 4 PQF, there are two ways to qualify:

PQP + PQF or PQP (higher)

The suggestion is to qualify solely by higher PQP if the PQP + PQF combo is out of reach.

Understood. But the difference between 1 PQF (or 2 for a round trip out of and back to Hawaii) versus spending over $3,000 (not including taxes and fees) to earn 3,000 PQPs for 2021 1K status seems to be a bit on the overkill side.

David

eng3 Dec 27, 2020 8:19 am

Finished the year with 9093PQP + 51 PQF (50110PQM). Basically about half the miles and slightly less PQF. Cutting most of my intl travel. Domestic travel largely unaffected. CPU's have been great this year at 70%.
It will be interesting meeting PQP next year as fares have dropped substantially even for last minute travel. However, I estimate I will probably be able to maintain 1K next year. I'm at 0.9MM, was originally aiming to hit 1MM next year but that will probably have to wait til 2022. Hopefully MM is still around.

bajong Dec 27, 2020 8:25 am

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, we live in Hawaii so leaving the State will require is to take another COVID test and get the results back within the 72 hour window before our flight. The last time we traveled, we did NOT get our results back until after we landed...which would now require us to quarantine for 10 days. Furthermore, we have to take a second test when we arrive back in Hilo as our County requires a second test at the airport.

We have 1100 Plus Points between us so I don’t think spending around $2,500 would be worth it to get 280 more Plus Points. She still gets her keep her 1K status for 2021 based on the waiver and we should easily re-qualify for 1K again next year as we plan to travel more (hopefully). But I will try to call Mileage Plus anyway and ask them if she can get a waiver for the the 1 PQF that she is short. It doesn’t hurt to ask. If the give us a positive reply...I will post.

We appreciate the advice we get from the forum members. Take care, stay safe and hope to see you all somewhere in the skies in 2021!