FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2001042-2020-mp-member-kits-discussion-contents-pics-actual-delivery.html)

WineCountryUA Jan 11, 2020 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle (Post 31939007)
I received my kit today. 1K with all the things folks have listed BUT it was missing the 1K card and luggage tags for my MM companion (my son). Normally this arrived in this same package as my card.

Has something changed this year? ....

unclear, as posted a few posts back

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 31937641)
.... there are reports of no companion card in the member kits and some references to virtual card. No reports of companions having received a separate kit. So at this point, insufficient info to draw any conclusion.

mirfip16 Jan 13, 2020 5:05 am

1K kit for overseas menbers

Does anyone have an idea if and when 1K Kits will be sent overseas (Germany)?
having a hard time without the card to get into the gold lounges when crediting otherwise....
Anyone an idea;) ? thank you...

kb1992 Jan 13, 2020 6:15 am

Originally Posted by mirfip16 (Post 31943850)
having a hard time without the card to get into the gold lounges when crediting otherwise....

My address was in Shanghai.

Never received 1K kit.

Wrote to UA asking one back in March. They promised to ship one, but it never arrived so I gave up.

WineCountryUA Jan 13, 2020 11:35 am

Using the UA's smartphone app digital card might be an optional in the meantime.

311Hokie Jan 13, 2020 11:51 am

That's what I use.

Alternatively, your ticket should have *A gold on it which should work as well. I've never shown my physical card in FRA, HND, or NRT when visiting non-UA lounges.

CopperSteve Jan 13, 2020 12:58 pm

Received my GS kit today. ^ Based in New Jersey.

The blue luggage handle is a nice touch, as is the speaker - I will use both.

5 drink coupons - didn't it used to be 10? Not that it matters much - I have drink coupons going back several years...

A bit optimistic to include nine (!) thank you cards. ;)

As noted earlier, my MM companion's card was not included. Hoping we can get clarity on this soon.

311Hokie Jan 13, 2020 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by CopperSteve (Post 31945639)
Received my GS kit today. ^ Based in New Jersey.

The blue luggage handle is a nice touch, as is the speaker - I will use both.

I think it's a wireless charger not a speaker?

CopperSteve Jan 14, 2020 6:57 am

Haha, yes it is. My GF had a nice chuckle at my lack of tech savvy!

lancelot21 Jan 15, 2020 7:13 pm

Mine arrived today. The instructions for the wireless charger said you can get an adapter for pre-iPhone 8 models at mystatus.united.com. (Mrs Lancelot has an iPhone 7). Takes me to a login page... which leads to a "This page is not working" error!

Didn't see that reported and maybe it will be fixed in a few hours...or days...or something. If I remember to check :-)

IAH-OIL-TRASH Jan 15, 2020 7:23 pm

1K materials delivered upcountry Maui Monday 13th. Upgraded iPhone from 6s to 11 to use charger today :eek:

mechteach Jan 15, 2020 7:32 pm

1K kits arrived for some in London on 1/15 (today in US, yesterday in UK).

cova Jan 15, 2020 7:47 pm

1K Package arrived on Jan 13th. One item that was missing was the companion card for MM'ers. I called MP and they said that companions were no longer getting cards and that they would have the app based card. Presumably, foreign carriers are now suppose to take the electronic app card for admission to *Gold Lounges.

But as of now the apps have not been updated with the new expiration date.

Received email on Jan 2nd:

"Your membership materials will be arriving in 4 to 6 weeks. In the meantime, we invite you to visit mystatus.united.com to learn more about the valuable benefits that come with your status, track your activity and receive personalized offers from our partners. You and your companion's digital membership cards can be found in the profile section of the United app."

So arrived in 2 weeks instead of 4 to 6 weeks.
I told agent it would have be clearer (and I would not have had to call) if they were just upfront and stated in the email, that a companion card is no longer included in the package and only provided electronically in the app.

kirkwoodj Jan 15, 2020 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by cova (Post 31955927)

But as of now the apps have not been updated with the new expiration date.

pp.

Nor have anyone's, but good until end of January 2020.

Kacee Jan 15, 2020 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 31955867)
1K materials delivered upcountry Maui Monday 13th. Upgraded iPhone from 6s to 11 to use charger today :eek:

That upfare should count toward PQP requirement.

Originally Posted by cova (Post 31955927)
I called MP and they said that companions were no longer getting cards

Wonder how much that added to Kirby's bonus.

FlyingHoustonian Jan 15, 2020 11:18 pm

Received my GS kit today (Houston business address).
It is ok. My wife already stole the charger but it does not work on my BlackBerry anyway LOL

The GS card is...understated...as it does not say global services on the front, just a small spot on the back with the goofy GS logo on the front and star gold. The cornflower-ish blue luggage tag is eye-catching...