FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   2020 MP member kits discussion - contents, pics, actual delivery,... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2001042-2020-mp-member-kits-discussion-contents-pics-actual-delivery.html)

Z Man Dec 24, 2019 9:45 am

Originally Posted by TBD (Post 31865887)
I thought they expired?! I've been throwing them out in Jan the following year!

they are widely accepted after expiration...

WineCountryUA Dec 24, 2019 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by tarheelnj (Post 31872270)
Are MM companion 1K's also receiving the kit, or will I need to request a second blue handle wrap separately for Mrs tarheelnj?

Companions do not receive a separate kit.
Additional wraps can not be requested until February -- Robin’s Egg Blue UA handle wraps - No more yellow handle wraps?

philf Dec 24, 2019 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian (Post 31865965)
New city each year.

Last year was Houston.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...956390a4e.jpeg
The full set ‘til now. Looking forward to adding Denver!

1P Dec 25, 2019 8:15 am

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis (Post 31865991)
Not that I’d expect you to photograph it with your personal info, but is there no more physical membership card for any tier?

Might as as well just cut it across the board, now.

Just status matched to DL. They would not accept a screen shot of my account home page showing 1K and Milion Miler status, but required me to send a photo of my 1K "credential card" before processing the match. So, in some cases a physical card can still be useful.

muncie21 Dec 26, 2019 10:14 am

Received my 1K kit today. Pleasantly surprised to see they decided to mix things up this year and replace the coasters with the wireless charger; although both are basically useless to me. Also noticed that only 1 book of 5 drink coupons were provided, rather than the typical 3. Again, not a big deal, as I still have mine 2019 and likely earlier ones around here somewhere.

DCA writer Jan 2, 2020 10:30 pm

FYI about the wireless charger: It plugs into an outlet via a micro-USB connection, not USB-C like any new non-Apple smartphone. Which is irrelevant in my case, since my phone doesn’t include wireless charging.

FlytheTail Jan 3, 2020 3:53 pm

I received my 1K welcome kit today as well. I like the wireless charger and now have it plugged into a wall outlet using an adapter. No coasters but I have 12 of them already so won't miss them.

As with recent years, there's an excessive amount of packaging, which many people just throw into the garbage and don't recycle. No need to pad the package with polystyrene, in my opinion.

uastarflyer Jan 3, 2020 4:52 pm

Re qualified for Plat in August, qualified for 1K in December after many years absence.

I received a Plat kit today :rolleyes:

WineCountryUA Jan 3, 2020 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer (Post 31906023)
Re qualified for Plat in August, qualified for 1K in December after many years absence.

I received a Plat kit today :rolleyes:

Which was probably shipped before you made 1K.
You get the 1K in next few weeks - no lost.

bmacke Jan 4, 2020 12:36 am

Received my 1K kit today. Already gave away the crappy charger... Would've preferred more drink tickets to give to soldiers.

mnredfox Jan 4, 2020 8:58 am

Got my 1K kit today, I actually liked the charger. Now let's see what AA and DL send me.

NJDevils26 Jan 4, 2020 9:48 am

Wow those kits looks so cool! I’m curious though why the stickied post at top says Silver and Gold haven’t received physical cards in years. I got a physical card for hitting Silver for the first time last year and the website let me request a physical Gold card for this year. Is that post referring to something different?

GK_ORD Jan 4, 2020 10:10 am

No GS kit yet (in Chicago). Kind of looking forward to the charger it keep on my desk at work.

WineCountryUA Jan 4, 2020 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by NJDevils26 (Post 31908228)
Wow those kits looks so cool! I’m curious though why the stickied post at top says Silver and Gold haven’t received physical cards in years. I got a physical card for hitting Silver for the first time last year and the website let me request a physical Gold card for this year. Is that post referring to something different?

Gold and Silver can request bag tags but as far as I am aware no annual physical membership cards.
I dropped back to Gold last year and did not receive an offer to get a Gold card. Did receive the Plat card once I hit 75K PQMs this year.

Was the card the same size / shape as a conventional credit card with your name, membership number and a magnetic strip on the back?

NJDevils26 Jan 4, 2020 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 31908668)
Gold and Silver can request bag tags but as far as I am aware no annual physical membership cards.
I dropped back to Gold last year and did not receive an offer to get a Gold card. Did receive the Plat card once I hit 75K PQMs this year.

Was the card the same size / shape as a conventional credit card with your name, membership number and a magnetic strip on the back?

Ah no it did not have those things and was a bit smaller than a credit card, so I see the difference. From the front in the photos above they looked similar with the hole at the top.

I take it the membership cards are then essentially a physical version of the digital one you get in the app?