Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PP downgrade due to equipment change - options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PP downgrade due to equipment change - options?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2019, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Just wanted to circle back on the thread I started and let you know that after several rounds of HUCA and Twitter assistance, someone finally understood how messed up this was and cleared my upgrades. They weren’t free upgrades, there were no vouchers given for R to B downgrade but they opened up PZ and burned some GPUs.

Ironically, I now have an issue with a transcon LAX-EWR where they have started selling PP. I have a PP fare but was purchased prior to the PP load on the LAX-EWR route so was ticketed in B but with a PP seat assignment. I have been kicked back to Y now instead of being changed to R class to be consistent with my TPAC flight - so have to call in again. PP on UA and trying to use instruments has become a real mess.

I also don’t know if I should just cancel all UG requests now for PP to Polaris that I have for travel in 2020 and wait until December since I could upgrade with 30 Plus Points instead of 1 GPU (40 Plus Points).
Old Sep 29, 2019, 12:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
.... Ironically, I now have an issue with a transcon LAX-EWR where they have started selling PP. I have a PP fare but was purchased prior to the PP load on the LAX-EWR route so was ticketed in B but with a PP seat assignment. I have been kicked back to Y now instead of being changed to R class to be consistent with my TPAC flight - so have to call in again. ....
Suggest following the discussion in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...tober-2-a.html where some are reporting getting their seat assignments back.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
I also don’t know if I should just cancel all UG requests now for PP to Polaris that I have for travel in 2020 and wait until December since I could upgrade with 30 Plus Points instead of 1 GPU (40 Plus Points).
For post December 4 flights, UA has stated it will apply the new scale and refund excess Plus Points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.