Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Any way to get around the new "My Trips" reservation list?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM

Until a few days ago, it seemed like I could stumble onto the old reservations list page on United.com. Now, I can only get to the "My Trips" page. The big problem with this new page is you can't right-click on the individual reservations, so it makes it really cumbersome to bring up multiple reservations. Anyone know a workaround?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by porciuscato
Until a few days ago, it seemed like I could stumble onto the old reservations list page on United.com. Now, I can only get to the "My Trips" page. The big problem with this new page is you can't right-click on the individual reservations, so it makes it really cumbersome to bring up multiple reservations. Anyone know a workaround?
i fear it's dead. the new set up effectively doubles the time it takes to do a run through of any number of reservations (since UA is oh so unhelpful with notices for schedule changes etc) give you have to reload the reservations page each and every time. who comes up with this stuff?
lhrsfo, Miggles and Phil Level like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
same here. No way to get to the old list again. Always great when UA IT wastes time innovating where no innovation is needed to deliver an inferior product.
2stepbay likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is horrible!!!

Why did they have to make the link to each individual reservation javascript, instead of a regular html link you can open in a new tab????????? AUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2stepbay likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:18 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
This really annoys me when websites do this.

I don't have UA reservations right now to check the website, but a 'workaround' that usually works is to open one reservation/item, then if you middle click the 'back' browser button, the previous page opens in a new tab, and from there open other things in the same way. Not as easy as opening multiple tabs like usual of course.

Works with Firefox and Opera, I think on other browsers too.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:49 pm

If you have an award booking, click “Upgrade Cabin”, that takes you back to UA’s old (pre-2015) flight screen.

While I prefer the old look, I’ve succumbed to the understanding that it’s just best to get to know the new one, rather than find loopholes to launch previous versions.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I surmise they actually did this on purpose. Under the old system with multiple tabs, you could inadvertently modify the wrong itinerary since the website only sees the most recent selected, not the specific tab you're in.
ChinaShrek likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
Under the old system with multiple tabs, you could inadvertently modify the wrong itinerary since the website only sees the most recent selected, not the specific tab you're in.
All because United IT relies on 1990s technology and doesn't know how to code a modern web app. So, instead of fixing the page, they sacrificed usability.
porciuscato likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1k
This is extremely annoying: I manage reservations for myself, spouse and siblings. Having to go back each time to check for schedule changes etc. is a pain in the neck :

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.