FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Any way to get around the new "My Trips" reservation list? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1975245-any-way-get-around-new-my-trips-reservation-list.html)

porciuscato Jun 23, 19 12:38 pm

Any way to get around the new "My Trips" reservation list?

Until a few days ago, it seemed like I could stumble onto the old reservations list page on United.com. Now, I can only get to the "My Trips" page. The big problem with this new page is you can't right-click on the individual reservations, so it makes it really cumbersome to bring up multiple reservations. Anyone know a workaround?

aCavalierInCoach Jun 23, 19 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by porciuscato (Post 31231719)
Until a few days ago, it seemed like I could stumble onto the old reservations list page on United.com. Now, I can only get to the "My Trips" page. The big problem with this new page is you can't right-click on the individual reservations, so it makes it really cumbersome to bring up multiple reservations. Anyone know a workaround?

i fear it's dead. the new set up effectively doubles the time it takes to do a run through of any number of reservations (since UA is oh so unhelpful with notices for schedule changes etc) give you have to reload the reservations page each and every time. who comes up with this stuff?

cfischer Jun 23, 19 3:45 pm

same here. No way to get to the old list again. Always great when UA IT wastes time innovating where no innovation is needed to deliver an inferior product.

physioprof Jun 23, 19 4:01 pm

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is horrible!!!

Why did they have to make the link to each individual reservation javascript, instead of a regular html link you can open in a new tab????????? AUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bpe Jun 23, 19 4:18 pm

This really annoys me when websites do this.

I don't have UA reservations right now to check the website, but a 'workaround' that usually works is to open one reservation/item, then if you middle click the 'back' browser button, the previous page opens in a new tab, and from there open other things in the same way. Not as easy as opening multiple tabs like usual of course.

Works with Firefox and Opera, I think on other browsers too.

NikoGoutakolis Jun 23, 19 4:49 pm

If you have an award booking, click “Upgrade Cabin”, that takes you back to UA’s old (pre-2015) flight screen.

While I prefer the old look, I’ve succumbed to the understanding that it’s just best to get to know the new one, rather than find loopholes to launch previous versions.

sexykitten7 Jun 23, 19 6:09 pm

I surmise they actually did this on purpose. Under the old system with multiple tabs, you could inadvertently modify the wrong itinerary since the website only sees the most recent selected, not the specific tab you're in.

mahasamatman Jun 23, 19 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by sexykitten7 (Post 31232543)
Under the old system with multiple tabs, you could inadvertently modify the wrong itinerary since the website only sees the most recent selected, not the specific tab you're in.

All because United IT relies on 1990s technology and doesn't know how to code a modern web app. So, instead of fixing the page, they sacrificed usability.

mrt88 Jun 23, 19 9:34 pm

This is extremely annoying: I manage reservations for myself, spouse and siblings. Having to go back each time to check for schedule changes etc. is a pain in the neck :