Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club membership now $650 effective 8/13/19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Club membership now $650 effective 8/13/19

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by silverforumsurf
Wish AA or Delta had a SFO hub, would give United some real competition
Delta did recently declare SJC a focus city. With just one non-hub flight (LAS) and no Sky Club it's more hype than action at the moment.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I pleased to report the cheese cubes at SFO are all back - Swiss, Cheddar, and Pepperjack.
Well then, all is forgiven.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:41 pm

That's some awfully expensive cheese cubes, ouch.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I dont get the outrage. Its 85000 miles....

For an OPM 1K/GS, thats earned very fast.
Miles earned while working being used to enhance work flying experience in the form of UC sounds fair to me.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:36 am
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
BTW, this is another reason to keep the Chase United Club card.AF is $450 but it serves dual purpose, spend $25k and it waives the PQD up to Platinum and you get the lounge.
Brucemcdou likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:57 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by skyccord
BTW, this is another reason to keep the Chase United Club card.AF is $450 but it serves dual purpose, spend $25k and it waives the PQD up to Platinum and you get the lounge.
That's probably one of the reasons for the price increase. UA wants more people to use their co-branded cards: United pushes JPM on Sapphire Reserve
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
If one is based out of IAD/EWR or use IAD/EWR as frequent connecting airports, that $650 is not worth it, even with the often irregular weather delays.

I have ave a lifetime United Club membership through PMUA, and I have found myself at TK (IAD) and skip lounge altogether at EWR.
LAXOGG, LIH and perkele like this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Does anyone know if the new membership pricing that is supposed to go in effect shortly will offer a discount to members with status, or if it's worth purchasing access now ahead of the price increase?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Does anyone know if the new membership pricing that is supposed to go in effect shortly will offer a discount to members with status, or if it's worth purchasing access now ahead of the price increase?
Presumably they will offer discounts based on Premier status as in the past, but I really don't understand why anyone would pay for UC membership independently. The Chase United Club Card is only $450 annual fee (has been only $375 the past few years) and gives you Club membership (savings of up to $200) plus significantly better travel benefits and earnings than the "regular" United Explorer Card which has an $85 annual fee.

As a hub-based United flyer who normally flies to other hubs in the US and around the World, I agree with all the comments that the Club benefits aren't just food, liquor, wifi, charging, and protection from the crowds. I don't doubt that Centurion and other private, paid lounges may be awesome, they just aren't in the same terminals where I fly and the staff there can't do anything for me in IRROPS. In the UC, the lounge staff can assist with ticketing issues which can be extremely helpful.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:34 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Does anyone know...will offer a discount to members with status?
First time I've seen this. It's up on United's site. $50 discount for Plat, $100 discount for 1K/GS, at $600 and $550 respectively. No discount for Gold or lower.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...hip-rates.html

A little better for many of us here, but I'm still teetering as to whether it's worth it for me. But I'd probably pay for the membership if I do, as I don't think I'll do the Club card because I do get a $200 airline credit from Amex, so that really takes me down to $350.

(Since the demise of the Gift Registry, I don't really pay United for anything else except for the occasional Wifi purchase, and my company picks up that tab. I also don't fly any other airlines where I'd use their benefit on bags or upgrades or whatever else).
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Was interested as we are pass 13 Aug 2019, how the pricing versus status was tiered

Initially, as a not logged in person, it only offered $650 for an annual subscription (and no spouse discount)

Logged and it recognized I had an existing subscription via Chase MP Club Card
You already are subscribed to this subscription
but then it said
Your MileagePlus Premier Gold status already entitles you to the benefit of this subscription
which is wrong

Can some non-member check the price for there status -- is there any status price break?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:30 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Consistent with what MBS MillionMiler reported just upthread, here is the full membership rate by status:
MileagePlus annual membership rate by status
General member $650 or 85,000 miles
PremierŪ Silver $650 or 85,000 miles
Premier Gold $650 or 85,000 miles
Premier Platinum $600 or 80,000 miles
Premier 1KŪ $550 or 75,000 miles
United Global ServicesŪ$550 or 75,000 miles.

Above is from the current united.com page on UC membership. Interesting that no discount below Plat.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...hip-rates.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.