Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago or Newark for connection

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2023, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I flew from LGA to ORD on Delta, took the landside train to T1, swiped my passport at the kiosk to get boarding passes for Europe, and went through TSA Pre security, then went down the tunnel to go to C gates for my flight to EWR - less than 15 minutes all in after deplaning from my Delta flight.

I was supposed to depart from ORD on a nonstop flight to Europe, but a schedule change required a connection in NYC, in case you are wondering the reason from the back-to-back.
SPN Lifer and JimInOhio like this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by Repooc17
I flew from LGA to ORD on Delta, took the landside train to T1, swiped my passport at the kiosk to get boarding passes for Europe, and went through TSA Pre security, then went down the tunnel to go to C gates for my flight to EWR - less than 15 minutes all in after deplaning from my Delta flight.
And while I am very impressed, that's a whole different kettle of fish compared to coming in from an international flight, clearing customs and immigration, collecting one's bags for an onward connection and then clearing security again ... with the exception of taking the landside train to T1 (that's the same ).
Old Mar 22, 2023, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by iapetus
And while I am very impressed, that's a whole different kettle of fish compared to coming in from an international flight, clearing customs and immigration, collecting one's bags for an onward connection and then clearing security again ... with the exception of taking the landside train to T1 (that's the same ).
I did the same on the way back during evening rush - remember my home airport is not ORD as explained upthread.

LGA-ORD-EWR-ARN

CPH-ORD-LGA

separate tickets (one for LGA-ORD-LGA, and another for ORD-EWR-ARN / CPH-ORD). I do separate tickets, a lot.

Global entry and no checked bags (pros don't check bags). More or less the same. You just keep walking, and no waiting around until you'd get to landside.
iapetus likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
I did the same on the way back during evening rush - remember my home airport is not ORD as explained upthread.

LGA-ORD-EWR-ARN

CPH-ORD-LGA

separate tickets (one for LGA-ORD-LGA, and another for ORD-EWR-ARN / CPH-ORD). I do separate tickets, a lot.

Global entry and no checked bags (pros don't check bags). More or less the same. You just keep walking, and no waiting around until you'd get to landside.
The ORD international walk of desperation?

David
Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
... pros don't check bags ...
Written like someone who has never traveled internationally with mrs. iapetus and her mom ...
Old Mar 23, 2023, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by iapetus
Written like someone who has never traveled internationally with mrs. iapetus and her mom ...
Putting the emphasis on lug in luggage.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.