Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2016, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CLG
Did anybody else have their UA Silver status disappear today? Oddly, I am still a Marriott Plat for 2016 (was in 2015, too), but today my UA status fell to "member" only.

This is quite unfortunate, since I have a pair of flights coming up two days from now where my CPU odds are strong, even for a silver (perhaps this is why UA is dropping one of the flights after the end of March...?).

I re-applied online on the RewardsPlus website this morning, but I doubt that is going to help me. Does anyone know how long the linkage takes? I can't remember from last year when I did it.

This is quite unfortunate - I actually bought the ticket explicitly because of my UA status (AA was cheaper). Guess that's a WIN-WIN from their point of view...

CLG
Mine dropped and is still gone despite reaching out to Marriott (and already having requalified for 2017 Marriott Plat due to rollover). Oddly it held my *S (even though it only showed me as member) for a flight this past Monday even giving free bags and free E+ at check-in but mileage earning was only at 5x not 7x.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:49 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Duke787
Mine dropped and is still gone despite reaching out to Marriott (and already having requalified for 2017 Marriott Plat due to rollover). Oddly it held my *S (even though it only showed me as member) for a flight this past Monday even giving free bags and free E+ at check-in but mileage earning was only at 5x not 7x.

I've got the reverse, I just checked my Marriott page and saw I was only listed as Marriott silver rather than gold, even though I'm UA gold. I suppose I should call Marriott to try to get this sorted.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 5:24 pm

United Silver (from Marriott): Do I get PQM/PQD/PQS for earning Gold?

If I get United Silver from my Marriott Plat status, do I get any PQM/PQD/PQS that I can use to earn United Gold?

In other words, would I still need to fly 50,000 PQM to get United Gold or will 25,000 PQM (the difference between Gold and Silver) suffice because I get complimentary United Silver (which is awarded when one reaches 25,000 PQM)
Old Mar 24, 2016, 5:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
would I still need to fly 50,000 PQM to get United Gold or will 25,000 PQM (the difference between Gold and Silver) suffice because I get complimentary United Silver (which is awarded when one reaches 25,000 PQM)
You will still need the full 50K PQM to get Gold. Just like those of us who get Marriott status due to UA status don't get a leg up for higher MR status either.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:26 pm

Can anyone chime in and say how long it took for your status to change with Marriott? I submitted the form about 2 weeks ago and no change to status yet.
Old May 26, 2016, 3:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nsummy
Can anyone chime in and say how long it took for your status to change with Marriott? I submitted the form about 2 weeks ago and no change to status yet.
Surveying this thread, you will find it typically takes 1 to 2 weeks and at times fails.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Help! Has anyone ever lost their Marriott-granted UA status midyear?

I've been Marriott Platinum since late 2013, and got my UA silver from that shortly after the program rolled out. I am still Marriott Platinum, exp. jan 2017. I don't fly United a lot, but bought a ticket two weeks ago for travel this coming weekend, and still had my UA Silver at that time.

Today I logged in and see I've dropped to non-elite general member.

And I'm stuck in a middle seat that I was planning to swap out of at check in time.

I tried tweeting a message to @united, but no response yet.

What's the best/fastest way to contact them, and is there any chance I can get this resolved before the weekend?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:59 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by swag
Help! Has anyone ever lost their Marriott-granted UA status midyear?

I've been Marriott Platinum since late 2013, and got my UA silver from that shortly after the program rolled out. I am still Marriott Platinum, exp. jan 2017. I don't fly United a lot, but bought a ticket two weeks ago for travel this coming weekend, and still had my UA Silver at that time.

Today I logged in and see I've dropped to non-elite general member.

And I'm stuck in a middle seat that I was planning to swap out of at check in time.

I tried tweeting a message to @united, but no response yet.

What's the best/fastest way to contact them, and is there any chance I can get this resolved before the weekend?
See my posts from March 7th & 8th a little bit up this thread for your answers...
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CLG
See my posts from March 7th & 8th a little bit up this thread for your answers...
Thanks, I could have sworn that I was still showing as Silver when I booked a couple of weeks ago, but the email confirmation shows a $25 first bag fee, so maybe I did drop back in March.

The UA MP rep I spoke with was fairly clueless and unable to help.

I've re-applied and I guess I just hope for a miracle now, like the 1 day turnaround you saw. If it's a weekly Monday night sweep, I guess I'm out of luck.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:08 pm
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Thanks, I could have sworn that I was still showing as Silver when I booked a couple of weeks ago, but the email confirmation shows a $25 first bag fee, so maybe I did drop back in March.

I've re-applied and I guess I just hope for a miracle now, like the 1 day turnaround you saw. If it's a weekly Monday night sweep, I guess I'm out of luck.
Good luck!!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And... I'm silver again. Sometime between 7 and 10 am today, it updated. Less than 24 hours after submitting the (re-)request. It's disappointing that I was downgraded in the first place, but kudos to UA/MR for the quick resolution.

Now, I just need to snag that E+ seat at check-in...
Old Sep 23, 2016, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Marriott accounts can now be linked with SPG accounts. If you are MR Gold, you will get SPG Gold. I suppose this applies to those who get MR Gold through Rewards Plus.

Link: http://members.marriott.com/

Of course, SPG Gold members can get SPG points flying DL...so, it is funny....

Last edited by username; Sep 23, 2016 at 8:33 am
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
and don't forget that SPG Plats are now MR Plats which makes them UA Silver, so presumably a big influx as accounts get linked
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by bosman
and don't forget that SPG Plats are now MR Plats which makes them UA Silver, so presumably a big influx as accounts get linked
Yep and SPG plat is easier to get than MR plat.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Marriott<->SPG Link implies UA Gold+ = SPG Gold

Hey guys,

Just wanted to inform the community about http://members.marriott.com/. This lets you status match on SPG/Marriott depending on the status you have with the other.

I know many of us have Marriott Gold status due to UA Gold+. This means that we can now also have SPG Gold. Points transfer 3:1 MR:SPG.

This also means all the SPG Plats can now be MR Plats = UA Silver, so watch out in Group 2

Not sure if this is the right area but figured it'd be relevant to all the UA Gold+ flyers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.