Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:59 pm

Update: now the website returns this message instead of the error I showed previously.

"Thank you for registering. We are verifying your request for complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status.

Once your request has been verified, please allow 7-10 business days for your Marriott Rewards account to be updated.

Thank you for your loyalty."

OK, that looks like progress. About time.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Were you already registered last year? I don't recall having had to re-register to get the benefit. It's been a whole year, though, so I could be misremembering
I registered last year already. Does that mean I don't have to do anything to get my Marriott Gold status extended through Jan 2017?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:47 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
There wasn't a physical card in my renewal packet. Are they they no longer being issued?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by aau
There wasn't a physical card in my renewal packet. Are they they no longer being issued?
I didn't get ne either. In its place there was a box about the same shape as a card that stated something about a "Digital membership card."
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:26 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Same deal as last year. Marriott cheesed out and went cheapo on the package, with no cards. Cards which cost them, what, a penny?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by exerda
Same deal as last year. Marriott cheesed out and went cheapo on the package, with no cards. Cards which cost them, what, a penny?
I guess I didn't even ntice last year!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by aau
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I didn't get ne either. In its place there was a box about the same shape as a card that stated something about a "Digital membership card."
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I guess I didn't even ntice last year!
As with last year, the brochure clearly mentions that they've gone to virtual cards.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Got my renewal packet with a card thru 2/17. Not sure if the cards are because it is RC.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Can't say I blame them. They're pointless and mine go straight in the trash.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
We could just get varsity jackets with all of our various statuses. Would one up DM Hat Guy too.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Got my renewal packet with a card thru 2/17. Not sure if the cards are because it is RC.
Yeah, I got a card, too. Maybe 'cuz I went from Gold to Platinum?

EDIT: Opps, wrong card. Got UA card due to above. Got Marriott card, probably 'cuz I went from Platinum Premier to LT Platinum.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:41 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Did anybody else have their UA Silver status disappear today? Oddly, I am still a Marriott Plat for 2016 (was in 2015, too), but today my UA status fell to "member" only.

This is quite unfortunate, since I have a pair of flights coming up two days from now where my CPU odds are strong, even for a silver (perhaps this is why UA is dropping one of the flights after the end of March...?).

I re-applied online on the RewardsPlus website this morning, but I doubt that is going to help me. Does anyone know how long the linkage takes? I can't remember from last year when I did it.

This is quite unfortunate - I actually bought the ticket explicitly because of my UA status (AA was cheaper). Guess that's a WIN-WIN from their point of view...

CLG
Old Mar 7, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
I liked the card because it had the international customer service numbers on it.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:40 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by CLG
Did anybody else have their UA Silver status disappear today? Oddly, I am still a Marriott Plat for 2016 (was in 2015, too), but today my UA status fell to "member" only.

This is quite unfortunate, since I have a pair of flights coming up two days from now where my CPU odds are strong, even for a silver (perhaps this is why UA is dropping one of the flights after the end of March...?).

I re-applied online on the RewardsPlus website this morning, but I doubt that is going to help me. Does anyone know how long the linkage takes? I can't remember from last year when I did it.

This is quite unfortunate - I actually bought the ticket explicitly because of my UA status (AA was cheaper). Guess that's a WIN-WIN from their point of view...

CLG
I'll answer my own question. This morning, when I went to do online check-in, my account was back showing Premier Silver elite! And I'm #1 on the waitlist (too bad it didn't auto-clear... )

Excellent turnaround time, IMHO.

CLG
Old Mar 10, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
Originally Posted by othermike27
Update: now the website returns this message instead of the error I showed previously.

"Thank you for registering. We are verifying your request for complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status.

Once your request has been verified, please allow 7-10 business days for your Marriott Rewards account to be updated.

Thank you for your loyalty."

OK, that looks like progress. About time.
So did it finally go through? How long did it take for your MR account to be updated to gold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.