Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is the archive thread. The active thread is Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass

Chase in conjunction with UA, as a renewal benefit for certain UA MP-branded Chase credit cards, offer one-time United Club (UC) access passes. {Hyatt also offers similar passes for their top elites.} These passes offer one-time access to the UC (with any airline same day BP) on a space-available basis. No guest privileges. The pass is only for UA operated clubs, cannot be used at non-UA operated lounges.

Note: Due to UC renovations and/or Polaris lounge construction, club capacity at most domestic UA hubs is constricted. Leading to some access restrictions for one-time passes -- especially at peak times.
One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all ORD club location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.
At the EWR clubs in the C concourse, one-time passes are not being accepted when the clubs are approaching capacity.
For SFO, there is no access near the G / international gates for one-time passes. They are being re-directed to the E/F gate UCs.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need the actual paper one-time pass?
Technically, no. All you need is a picture/scan of the pass number and bar code on the back of the day pass. The lounge agent will manually type in the number or ask you to scan the barcode on the scanner. UA states
A valid mobile or paper United Club one-time pass and boarding pass for same-day travel OR
A valid 15-digit one-time pass number and boarding pass for same-day travel
Can I upload/store the one-time pass in the United app?
Sadly, you cannot upload/store paper passes in the United app. However, as of Summer 2017, all new passes issued by the Chase United Explorer card are now loaded directly into the United app.

Can I use these one-time passes at partner/contract/*A lounges?
No. These one-time passes are only used at actual United Club lounges world-wide. Any lounge identified on this page as being operated by "United Club" are eligible for use with one-time passes.

How many people can enter the United Club with one-time access pass?
One person per pass. Exception - UC policy is all children under 2 are not considered a formal guest.
A one-time pass admits one person, with no guests, to a United Club location. Exception: children under 2 years of age may accompany someone accessing a United Club location with a one-time pass.
Can I use one-time pass at multiple United Clubs on the same day?
No. You must surrender your day pass upon entering the club. If you plan to visit multiple United Clubs on the same day, you will need multiple day passes. Some clubs will allow re-entry and/or use of other UA Clubs at same airport -- inquire at the entry desk (it typically involves a stamp on your boarding pass). However, no way to use the same pass at a different airports.

Is a boarding pass required to use a one-time pass at a United Club?
Yes, a same-day boarding pass is required. It can be with any airline until Nov 1, 2019. "Effective November 1, 2019, United Club customers, including members and their guests, and one-time pass holders will need to provide a same-day boarding pass for travel on United, Star Alliance™ or a contracted partner for entry into all United Club locations."

Are in/out privileges allowed when using the one-time pass?
Technically, no. However, it is not out of the realm of possibilty if you ask the lounge attendant. YMMV, though.

Are minors allowed?
Yes, as long as they are accompanied by another person 21 or older. Remember, one day pass per person (lap child excluded).

Can I be denied entry into the United Club?
Yes. If an United Club is at-capacity, it will no longer sell day passes. It will also deny entry to those with one-time passes initially and other eligible travelers ( UC member, *G, premier cabin,...) could be delayed on entering once capacity reaches local limits.

Are expired one-time passes still usable?
Expired one-time passes can be used for a $25 admission fee, up to 30 days after the expiration date.

Can I give my pass to a family member or friend? How?
Yes. You can provide the physical pass to them. You may also provide them with the pdf version of the pass that Chase sends when your card renews, which they can print or scan from their phone. Finally, you can take a screenshot of the pass in the United App and email/message that to your family member. The pass will remain in your United App until it is used by someone else at a club, so it remains available for your use (unlike a physical pass).

I see these passes available for sell on eBay/Craigslist, ...? Are they valid? Is this safe?
It should be noted UA frowns on the third party trading, selling, or bartering of their coupons. As with any transaction of this type, it's always buyer beware; however, reports of issues are very rare.
The current going rate on eBay is $20-30 each for passes with a lengthy expiration date. Passes that expire in a few weeks can be had in the $10-15 range, sometimes even less as the expiration date creeps closer.

I cancelled my Chase United Explorer card. Are my passes still valid?
No. When you cancel your card, any unused one-time passes will be forfeited from your account--even if you printed out the barcode from the United app for later use. The time between card cancellation to pass invalidation is unknown; however, it is suggested that the passes aren't invalid until they disappear from your UA app. This is now an additional risk one needs to be wary about when buying one-time pass barcodes from eBay/Craigslist.

Entry is also available for $59 (as of 02/2016) at the UC itself or by purchasing within the United mobile app.
Print Wikipost

Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by ckpeter
On a side note, can someone post when these passes expire? Is it one year from issue (12 months) or valid until end of next year (2013 for those received in 2012)?
Mine expire 12/30/2012.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Mine expire 12/30/2012.
Mine too.

Originally Posted by RNE
You will receive two (2) Club passes after account opening and every account anniversary thereafter. Please allow 8 – 10 weeks after account opening for delivery of Club passes...To qualify for this bonus offer, your credit card account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment...
This must be from a different offer/mailing. Mine contained no such stipulations.

Originally Posted by Air Houston
Most likely the passes are sent out periodically as part of a batch process bulk mailing. If your anniversary is coming up soon and your batch is due to be processed - even if it isn’t yet due to be mailed - you might get the mailing for a card that has been cancelled.
Good point. I think that’s probably the case.

There are brief T&C's on the back of the cards, but none of them refer to whether this card is transferable.
So it should be fine for anyone to use the passes without any problems, it seems.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
The two discount certificates:

$25 off a flight $175 - $274
$50 off a flight $275 - $399
$100 off a flight $400 or more

Must be a R/T ticket
Must include a Sat night stay, book 14 days in advance
Not valid with W / S / T / L / K or G class fares
You left out one more important restriction - maximum discount of $20 for travel to/from Houston, Cleveland, Newark.

These discount certificates are essentially worthless. I'm cancelling the card.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 2:46 pm
RNE

Thank you, LarkSFO. I wonder if the two different C00xxxxx numbers appear identically on each pair of passes. If so, then they're not trackable. If not, they are.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:42 am

Does anyone know if a valid boarding pass for a United flight is required to access the lounge with these passes, or if you can access the lounge even if you are flying with an entirely different carrier/alliance?

Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 5:24 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer9000
Does anyone know if a valid boarding pass for a United flight is required to access the lounge with these passes, or if you can access the lounge even if you are flying with an entirely different carrier/alliance?
It is not required.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SWA
Passes

I usually sell mine on eBay. No problems.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by RNE
Thank you, LarkSFO. I wonder if the two different C00xxxxx numbers appear identically on each pair of passes. If so, then they're not trackable. If not, they are.
it's not identical. They are off by one, e.g. One is C0***123 and the other is C0***124. The numbers of the barcodes are different and not consecutive.

My wife's card is due for renew at the end of March, and I just received hers this morning.

I have a OnePass card too. My was due to renew back in February. I already renewed it as I travel a lot with Continental. However, I didn't receive this letter with United Club Passes and discount coupons. Why was that? Did Chase know I fly with them a lot and for sure I am gonna renew? I use my wife's card to pay for my travel too, so we put about $25K on both cards last year.

I don't know if I can use the discount coupon even if we don't renew her card. Besides of having to travel to/from Houston/Cleveland/Newark, the restrictions also including not valid for Friday or Sunday, and Saturday night stay required. This basically blocks out most of the business travel.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by rickyriver
I don't know if I can use the discount coupon even if we don't renew her card. Besides of having to travel to/from Houston/Cleveland/Newark, the restrictions also including not valid for Friday or Sunday, and Saturday night stay required. This basically blocks out most of the business travel.
IIRC, someone here on FT posted new policies that lifted some of those restrictions.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:12 pm
21A

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.706 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I'd be curious whether GG Checkpoint applies for use of these passes. I doubt it, but you never know...
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
The two discount certificates:

$25 off a flight $175 - $274
$50 off a flight $275 - $399
$100 off a flight $400 or more

Must be a R/T ticket
Must include a Sat night stay, book 14 days in advance
Not valid with W / S / T / L / K or G class fares
My wife just used both of her discount certificates for T class fares, $100 off each ticket. United was already the lowest fare and $100 of that is a pretty good deal. Might be a .bomb glitch.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I gave mine to my nonstatus cousins a few weeks ago. They had a long time to wait at IAD (like nearly all day) for a flight to ZRH. They used the passes and camped out all day. Worked great for them.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Seriously, did you all get the letter?

Aren't those club passes and discount certificates perks you are supposed to get on your anniversary? How come the one who actually passed the anniversary and paid the annual membership fee didn't get it, but the one hasn't reached the anniversary yet and about to cancel the card get it in advance?

Not to mention I am an Premier Platinum elite member, but my wife had 0 miles last year.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass

Just received my 2 free United Club passes that came as a benefit of getting my MileagePlus Explorer card.

Question: I'm flying on an award ticket soon, used United miles for tickets on Lufthansa. We've got a 6-hour layover in Frankfurt outbound. As best I can tell, United does not have a Club lounge in FRA, but LH has a couple. We have no status.

Any chance we can use these Club passes to get into one of the Lufthansa lounges in FRA?

I suspect the answer is no, but I figured it was worth asking even if it's a long shot.

Thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Just received my 2 free United Club passes that came as a benefit of getting my MileagePlus Explorer card.

Question: I'm flying on an award ticket soon, used United miles for tickets on Lufthansa. We've got a 6-hour layover in Frankfurt outbound. As best I can tell, United does not have a Club lounge in FRA, but LH has a couple. We have no status.

Any chance we can use these Club passes to get into one of the Lufthansa lounges in FRA?

I suspect the answer is no, but I figured it was worth asking even if it's a long shot.

Thanks.
Unfortunately not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.