Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

777 (all variants) seat map was missing, now back & seat assignments lost!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 (all variants) seat map was missing, now back & seat assignments lost!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, Marriott Lifetime Ti
No Seat Map?

I am booked on UA 106 IAD - MUC on 13 February. For the past few days, the seat map has been unavailable, both on the desktop and mobile app. Does this mean the aircraft type is now in question, about to change? I have not encountered this before.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 28, 2019 at 4:12 pm Reason: moved to active thread on issue
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
In other seat map news, my 77W from SFO-FRA has lost the large lav in front of 9L, and thinks it's a 737-800. Definitely some "technology issues" at play!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
Looks as if the seat maps are back up - at least on the app. I am showing the same seats as previous (but I did reselect same seats during that short window this weekend).
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fed planner
Looks as if the seat maps are back up - at least on the app. I am showing the same seats as previous (but I did reselect same seats during that short window this weekend).
Yes! And still have my 1K !
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1K 2016–2023 by miracle extensions; RIP 1K status), 1MM
Funny. I can just now get the maps on a browser but not the app. And seats are largely assigned. The seat I changed to during the window when the seat map was empty has stuck. But no one has taken my old seat. Weird.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone,

Following a technology upgrade over the weekend there was an issue with seat maps for 24 of our 777-200 aircraft, where some customers lost their seat assignments. We’re working diligently on resolving the issue to place customers back in their original seats, and apologize for any inconvenience that may result from this issue.

- UA Insider
I was not so lucky. I'm a 1K and lost my row 2 seat which I had for weeks.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by chavala
Yes! And still have my 1K !
Our seats are also still there. If I were to do a new reservation, the seat map for ORD-FRA at the end of March looks normal. The seat map for FRA-ORD in early April looks very strange: whole plane is empty. Maybe United has not worked on that flight yet. It was not like that when I checked a few weeks ago.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
I can see my flight now, but there's no way there are only 5 taken J seats on Friday's flight to Narita.

Happily, I still have the 1K seat that I snagged during a brief period of functionality (malfunctionality?). My apologies to whomever I booted.

We'll see how true seating shakes out Friday.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Our seats are also still there. If I were to do a new reservation, the seat map for ORD-FRA at the end of March looks normal. The seat map for FRA-ORD in early April looks very strange: whole plane is empty. Maybe United has not worked on that flight yet. It was not like that when I checked a few weeks ago.
Funny. When I do a dummy booking for my early March ORD-FRA, it looks how I remembered it: Only 1 seat left in FC and business looking dismal (which is something you watch if you're afraid of being bumped back there!).
But the return in mid-March looks strange. Same as yours -- way more empty than I remember it.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Thanks for the heads up fed planner

I got 2A back - the only seat available in the old Global First outbound, and the only seat returning (2H). Whew.

Let's all hope this adjust sticks!

Adam
fed planner likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
I was kept in 6B, instead of the seat I had before.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Well, no change in how my seats are shown (none selected on the website, 2A on the app), though I can open and view the seatmap now. When I do so on the website, I can't choose anything in GF due to no longer being a (trial) 1K, and BF has all 40 seats open. On the app, I get the same result, except I'm still "assigned" 2A. EF shows all seven GF seats blocked, and not a single seat in any class as "occupied". Maybe they're still reassigning seats, as this flight isn't until mid-April. The suspense continues, at least for me.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Well that's extremely disappointing. I thought my seat assignment had stuck, but now all sources show me in 8J, which was a seat I had never been assigned to before. At least it's not a middle

Should be open season on 1A when frame assignment unblocks it, or I could hope for a Polaris swap.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:29 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
I just checked my app, and the seat map is back with seat assignments.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Incredibly annoyed to find that my 2A reservation has become 8K. Not ok United, not ok. Put people back in their original seats! Especially when you say:

“We’re(sic) working diligently on resolving the issue to place customers back in their original seats, and apologize for any inconvenience that may result from this issue.”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.