Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

777 (all variants) seat map was missing, now back & seat assignments lost!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 (all variants) seat map was missing, now back & seat assignments lost!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Its not very common. Usually by Saturday morning, they have it sorted out.
When I flew United more often, I would see it at least once a month. It rarely got fixed before Sunday afternoon or evening.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM
Was able to pull seat maps on my March 77W flights - they are now the updated maps with PP seating
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:22 pm

Feb trip 777 seats

1st class went from 48 seats to a 10 seat FC section. Called united, they had no idea of cause. The return on a 777 says no go. Taking 83 ye old mums on her 1st ever fc trip. Hate to have that messed up.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Anita Grinnell
1st class went from 48 seats to a 10 seat FC section. Called united, they had no idea of cause. The return on a 777 says no go. Taking 83 ye old mums on her 1st ever fc trip. Hate to have that messed up.
Pretty clear UA is doing a major seatmap update for 777 aircraft which is to match some of the seating reconfigurations for Premium Economy (these did not change the seating front of the plane), it may take a bit for things to return to normal, but don't jump to any conclusions yet.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Seatmaps with premium economy seat icons have been posted in the general information section on UA aircraft

772 50 lie flat / 24 PP / 46 E+ / 162 E-

773 / 77W 60 lie flat / 24 PP / 62 E+ / 204 E-
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
It's not just the 777 seatmaps that are unavailable this weekend.
I booked flights YVR-SFO-LIH and the 320 an 757 seating was unavailable on that route, too.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
I am flying IAD to MUC on 6Feb and the seat map was not available for the outbound but was for the return. And the interesting thing is that the seat I was assigned on the return was available to select for that flight. Called up GS and got a better seat in the old Global First. So whether or not the 777 changes to a Polaris bird I feel good with the seats I was assigned tonight. And even though there are only about 5 seats for sale in business class the whole seat map for each flight is totally open. So it looks like UA tossed everyone out of their seats whether a glitch or not I cannot say. I would recommend if the seat map on the app or united.com is not available to call UA.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The seat map for 2 of my flights ORD-FRA and return just came back now, same old 3 class plane, but no longer with my seat assignments, or anyone else’s. The entire FC and Biz cabins now show as empty except for the 1A crew rest.

Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by chavala
The seat map for 2 of my flights ORD-FRA and return just came back now, same old 3 class plane, but no longer with my seat assignments, or anyone else’s. The entire FC and Biz cabins now show as empty except for the 1A crew rest.

Oh hey, so they are. I love FT for things like this.. with apologies to whoever's 1K I stole. (somewhere in an office in Chicago: "you pushed what to prod??")

eta. The block at 6B has been released and is now at 1A. I wonder if the code change was to move that (and maybe similar changes to some other aircraft).

Last edited by findark; Jan 26, 2019 at 10:34 pm
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by chavala

Yep, same for me. Seat map back, but my seat assignment was gone, as was everyone else’s apparently as the old 3-class 777-200 had been pretty full upfront when I booked - now wide open.
chavala likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:48 pm

Seats are back

Ysy were back 777. No clue what version will show up.Picked window seats so if the 1-2-1 version Grace's us we may be on the singles.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
My flight remained 3-class 772 but interestingly, all seat assignments were wiped out in J (and F cabin, with the 1A seat block as noted above).
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Also note all the seat assignments in Y were also blanked. This is going to result in some pretty unhappy pax next week.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Originally Posted by findark
Also note all the seat assignments in Y were also blanked. This is going to result in some pretty unhappy pax next week.
Yikes. All the more reason to have a habit of monitoring our reservations regularly.
wrp96 and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
They’re back up for my April ORD-PVG trip showing old 2-4-2 plus global F. Maybe I’ll get to squeeze into F for the first and last time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.