Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

777 (all variants) seat map was missing, now back & seat assignments lost!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 (all variants) seat map was missing, now back & seat assignments lost!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by milepig
I can see some poor intern coming into work on Monday. To find a huge printout in the cubbie with a note. “we accidentally lost the seat assignments for 5,000 flights. Here’s the printout, please renter them.” Starts and discovers some seats have taken by others. Decides to just make it up and create pretty patterns on the seat maps.
Or just hire some more monkeys to throw darts at a seatmap
Silver Fox and chavala like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Plus the passenger's affected appear to be the front of the plane folks, not the ones to you want to feel abused.
I looked at the seat map when it came back and all passengers were affected. The whole plane was empty. But, indeed here on FT, most of the people reporting seats disappearing were in the real front of the plane: the former First Class area.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by milepig
I can see some poor intern coming into work on Monday. To find a huge printout in the cubbie with a note. “we accidentally lost the seat assignments for 5,000 flights. Here’s the printout, please renter them.” Starts and discovers some seats have taken by others. Decides to just make it up and create pretty patterns on the seat maps.

The intern probably just hits the "assign seat" button and the computer randomly reassigns all the seats for 5000 flights in 10min. It's probably the same algorithm that assigns CPU seats.
Or better yet, just do nothing, seats will eventually get chosen/assigned on their own as the flight time approaches
Now the problem is shifted from the intern to customer service thus SOLVED (for the intern)
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone,

Following a technology upgrade over the weekend there was an issue with seat maps for 24 of our 777-200 aircraft, where some customers lost their seat assignments. We’re working diligently on resolving the issue to place customers back in their original seats, and apologize for any inconvenience that may result from this issue.

- UA Insider

Looks like you are working on it again - my 777 seat maps for next week are again unavailable.

Welcome back UA Insider!!

Adam
Silver Fox and Kannai like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Got an ORD-NRT in April, was assigned 2A on account of trial 1K status (expired in December). Desktop website shows no seat assignment, as everyone has reported on here; however, the mobile app shows 2A assigned, and I cannot view the seat map. Wonder where I'll end up once this is all said and done, particularly as I no longer have the status that got me into 2A in the first place.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by dkc192
Wonder where I'll end up once this is all said and done....
With United IT in charge?
38B?
wrp96 and chavala like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
So, I have a flight in a week or so on 777-200 and seat map is unavailable for both outbound and inbound, both on the web and the app (using old version not that I think it makes any difference). I can see I still have the same seat numbers in both the email I just sent to myself and in the app, but cannot see the seat map. I hate this crap and the potential crap shoot that may transpire.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
I booked a tkt ord-muc for the summer and seat maps are unavailable. Agent said many 777s are like this. Does anyone know why and when they might be available? Thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by flyersky1
I booked a tkt ord-muc for the summer and seat maps are unavailable. Agent said many 777s are like this. Does anyone know why and when they might be available? Thanks.
The seat maps disappeared this weekend, then reappeared again with nobody having seats on them, then disappeared again. United is working on putting passengers back in their original seats. Like that is going to happen......

The thread you are looking for is: "777 (all variants) Seat map was missing, now back & seat assignments lost"
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Still appears to be down. That's 48 hours now. And counting.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Also, I have been logged in for about 6 hours now and am usually logged out wayyy before that but I am still logged in (and no, it is not the fake login, it is a proper login where I can access everything). Junior in the IT dept was busy this weekend!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Originally Posted by big V
Still appears to be down. That's 48 hours now. And counting.

Well to be fair it did seem to come back yesterday for a short period. It's an unfortunate glitch for those on 24 of UA 777's (I guess the 3 class birds not yet converted to Polaris seats, PP, etc). It's certainly irritating because I feel I have to check back every hour. It's also annoying because I booked specific flights to get the old Global First seats (or a surprise upgrade to a Polaris-equipped) on the 777. With last minute EQP switches it just requires so much time to check! I understand UA is trying to minimize this but certainly seems all too common for the driver to hit the button that ejects the passenger from their seat, 007!
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone,

Following a technology upgrade over the weekend there was an issue with seat maps for 24 of our 777-200 aircraft, where some customers lost their seat assignments. We’re working diligently on resolving the issue to place customers back in their original seats, and apologize for any inconvenience that may result from this issue.

- UA Insider
I am dying of curiosity to know what the "technology upgrade" is!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Funny the app still shows seat assignments. For those of you who changed their seats from your original (@Findark, @StuckinITH...) -- did it update in the app?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Originally Posted by chavala
Funny the app still shows seat assignments. For those of you who changed their seats from your original (@Findark, @StuckinITH...) -- did it update in the app?
I changed and the new seat assignment is still displayed in the app.
chavala likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.