Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

1k but no checked bag allowance on int'l UA ticket?? (China Eastern segment)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1k but no checked bag allowance on int'l UA ticket?? (China Eastern segment)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skyflyer99
jsloan: So, your theory is that it was my upgrade that somehow caused the screw-up, not entering my FF#? And that there isn't really a screw-up? The receipt is incorrectly showing the 1000 CNY bag fees but that's independent of the rules that will actually be followed at the airport?
Upgrades of any sort definitely confuse the receipts. And, yes, I fully expect you'll get two bags at the airport. However, I'd bring a copy of my original receipt -- the one that shows two bags -- just in case. The only possible thing I can imagine is that MU is confused about what UA's allowance should be (although it's stored in the fare, so...). Having a printed copy of the original receipt should help, though.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MU gives everyone 20kg of free bags. Relax
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Just got back. It turns out that the Chna Eastern phone agents were both wrong, and FTers were right. I was allowed to check two bags (23kg) without any questions.

Maybe United's baggage information predicts the baggage but doesn't determine it...the check-in agents have their own rules for calculating baggage allowance.
jsloan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.