Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Message on UA.com when searching for awards outside USA

updated evening (PST) 27 Feb 2019 to
Award travel on Singapore Airlines is temporarily unavailable. Our airline partner is diligently working with us to address this situation.
previously
Award travel on Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal and THAI is temporarily unavailable through MileagePlus.
— We’re working on making these awards available, and you may still be able to find awards on other partners.
Plus ANA(now restored).
Print Wikipost

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by rrgg
Sometimes websites get an early Sunday update, fingers crossed.
Well, didn't get fixed overnight...
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:10 am

I am continuing to tie up Air Canada inventory with United bookings that Air Canada is confirming back to United but United is not paying for. Hopefully, at some point, Air Canada will tire of it and get United to do something to fix it.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA PG, IHG Diamond Amb
I got the following reply to my complaint email to 1Kvoice :
"Dear Mr. Thedon:
Thanks for taking the time to write to us. We’re glad to hear from Premier 1K members like you.

In researching this matter Singapore Airlines and Thai Airways have identified a technology issue on their side and they are working to resolve the issues

Thank you for your patience while we work with our Star Partners to resolve this issue."

Followed by a lot of blah blah how to book award flights.

​​​​​​
StephenSamuel1234 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by thedon
In researching this matter Singapore Airlines and Thai Airways have identified a technology issue on their side and they are working to resolve the issues.
​​​​​​
Sorry but not sure I can go with them passing the blame to SQ/TG. As noted above, I was able to book a flight this week using UA’s online tool by adding a new flight/destination to an existing award booking.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by becharted
Sorry but not sure I can go with them passing the blame to SQ/TG. As noted above, I was able to book a flight this week using UA’s online tool by adding a new flight/destination to an existing award booking.
I wouldn't expect e-mail support reps to know the details of this kind of issue.

That said, it's plausible that there could be an issue with new bookings that doesn't occur with existing bookings. It's also possible that they forgot to turn off the inventory in the "award change" part of the site, and that it's not really working there either -- I assume you double-checked the reservation with SQ to make sure they have the updated ticket number from UA? It could also be an intermittent problem on the TG/SQ side; if 95% of all transactions were successful, most travelers might not notice, but UA would have had a rash of ticketing issues to deal with for the other 5%.

To be clear -- I think UA is deliberately suppressing the inventory. I don't think any of us know why or are really in the position to judge whose fault it might be.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:21 pm

I was able to complete a new reservation with 2 Thai flights over the phone just now. Took one HUCA and then a long hold time the second call to get them to confirm and ticket the reservation.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by thrillhouse763
I was able to complete a new reservation with 2 Thai flights over the phone just now. Took one HUCA and then a long hold time the second call to get them to confirm and ticket the reservation.
Just checked my pnr on Thai and one segment BKK to NRT is wait listed in J on Feb 22nd TG640. ANA and AC both show availability for that flight.

I just emailed Thai to see what they can do. Anyone else have advice? Trying to get home from my honeymoon in Bali and this is incredibly frustrating.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:53 am

Just checked my pnr on Thai and one segment BKK to NRT is wait listed in J on Feb 22nd TG640. ANA and AC both show availability for that flight.

I just emailed Thai to see what they can do. Anyone else have advice? Trying to get home from my honeymoon in Bali and this is incredibly frustrating.
Feel like I'm hijacking this thread but I think my experience should help others.

Contacted UA again this AM and they were able to work with TG to confirm the BKK-NRT segment in J. Long hold time again but everything checks out.

So to recap, you should be able to book new partner award reservations on at least TG over the phone. Not easy but it did work.
Franky16 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Feel like I'm hijacking this thread but I think my experience should help others.

Contacted UA again this AM and they were able to work with TG to confirm the BKK-NRT segment in J. Long hold time again but everything checks out.

So to recap, you should be able to book new partner award reservations on at least TG over the phone. Not easy but it did work.
Congrats on your honeymoon and appreciate your updates. Hope the changes stick and that they were done right by the agent. Not to scare you but I'd check your reservation periodically to make sure nothing changes.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:38 pm

After my failed attempt to find UA flights on Singapore award search, I called Singapore customer service and the rep was able to find UA flights and they are bookable. Then I called UA MP customer service and they cannot find Thai nor SQ flights. The rep said the management sent a notice to everyone to not book award tickets on SQ and Thai. I ask the rep for a supervisor so I can issue a complaint. Then he told me to write to UA feedback for complaint.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by AirMike
After my failed attempt to find UA flights on Singapore award search, I called Singapore customer service and the rep was able to find UA flights and they are bookable. Then I called UA MP customer service and they cannot find Thai nor SQ flights. The rep said the management sent a notice to everyone to not book award tickets on SQ and Thai. I ask the rep for a supervisor so I can issue a complaint. Then he told me to write to UA feedback for complaint.
HUCA. Feed the agent the flight # and they should be able to find it.
AirMike likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kb1992
The notice about awards on SQ TG is no longer there. Yet the problem is not fixed.

This is lame.
I've been checking back everyday, the error message is STILL there...
We are flying to Asia for a month in Apr, this is really setting back all our travel plans as most alliance are tied to mainland China or TPE, so if we need to route to South Asia, we need ridiculous layovers in PEK or some random city in China..
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by bluestrudels
I've been checking back everyday, the error message is STILL there...
We are flying to Asia for a month in Apr, this is really setting back all our travel plans as most alliance are tied to mainland China or TPE, so if we need to route to South Asia, we need ridiculous layovers in PEK or some random city in China..
You can search other SA partner award availability (AC and ANA) to find flights that might suit you better. Then call UA and have the agent try to grab them over the phone.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You can search other SA partner award availability (AC and ANA) to find flights that might suit you better. Then call UA and have the agent try to grab them over the phone.
Thanks for the tip, will search through the other portals.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Now apparently phantom inventory on other partners....BR this particular time.
1k desk and Web support both say no actual inventory, even though appears available in repeated website search results.

Demoralizing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.