Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Message on UA.com when searching for awards outside USA

updated evening (PST) 27 Feb 2019 to
Award travel on Singapore Airlines is temporarily unavailable. Our airline partner is diligently working with us to address this situation.
previously
Award travel on Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal and THAI is temporarily unavailable through MileagePlus.
— We’re working on making these awards available, and you may still be able to find awards on other partners.
Plus ANA(now restored).
Print Wikipost

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Accor Gold, Star Alliance Silver
Award redemption problem for star airlines partners

any ideas what caused this and how long will it take to solve this issue?
Thai Airways and Singapore Airlines have a technical error in which they have not been able to confirm flights which are supposed to be available. We have temporarily suspended the ability to book Award flights on their airlines until they resolve the issue. I apologize for any inconveniences.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The "error" is on UA's side.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 21, 2019 at 9:54 am Reason: cleanup after merge
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:16 am

Same with TP. I spent a lot of time with UA agents and was told to check again in 2 weeks but that was a month ago.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus
So the blogs have finally picked this up today. Which I think is a good thing, maybe we will get it resolved sooner.

An interesting data point: have an SQ award booked and if I try to make changes to it, then all of a sudden other TG/SQ options show up. So not exactly sure why it shows up for amendments and not for new bookings.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by becharted
So the blogs have finally picked this up today. Which I think is a good thing, maybe we will get it resolved sooner.

An interesting data point: have an SQ award booked and if I try to make changes to it, then all of a sudden other TG/SQ options show up. So not exactly sure why it shows up for amendments and not for new bookings.
I suspect it won’t actually go through. This is what happened with TP. It looks OK to ticket but won’t, even done manually.

Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Two days ago I was helping a friend look for award availability coming back from BKK to SEA. The only flights available were crazy - via Addis Ababa and NYC, or Dusseldorf and Dublin, or two stops in China with long overnight layovers in both...really bizarre. Just a week before I was finding plenty of good options. She eventually settled for something only marginally inconvenient, but it left me wondering {what} was going on.

This explains it. Take TG out of the picture, and getting from BKK to anywhere gets a lot more complicated (and unattractive).

I sure hope this is just a temporary hiccup, and that TG blinks back in soon.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 19, 2019 at 7:40 pm Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
This explains it. Take TG out of the picture, and getting from BKK to anywhere gets a lot more complicated (and unattractive).

I sure hope this is just a temporary hiccup, and that TG blinks back in soon.
Yes indeed. Try booking a flight from anywhere in Australia to Southeast Asia and see what comes up.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Grace B
Yes indeed. Try booking a flight from anywhere in Australia to Southeast Asia and see what comes up.
It makes it easy now to find the incredibly tiny number of NZ flights with award availability!
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Kremmen
It makes it easy now to find the incredibly tiny number of NZ flights with award availability!
Very true, but who wants to fly SYD to BKK via AKL and HKG (Air NZ / Ethiopian)? And no business class...
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Very true, but who wants to fly SYD to BKK via AKL and HKG (Air NZ / Ethiopian)? And no business class...
I saw MEL-AKL-NRT-PVG (NZ/NH), all in business class.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:38 am

Post PE and new fare bucket issue?

I noticed a comment responding to a Loyalty Lobby article discussing this issue where upon the poster mentions that a UA agent remarked that this issue was a glitch caused by the rejigging of the fare buckets to accommodate the inclusion of Premium Economy. It sounds plausible, but I'm not sure why it is only now occurring. It is a major problem for a number of us who were cherry picking intra-asia award flights, only to have them wholly disappear. I'm not sure how much of a priority this is for UA, if it is indeed a glitch at all.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by flyme2
I noticed a comment responding to a Loyalty Lobby article discussing this issue where upon the poster mentions that a UA agent remarked that this issue was a glitch caused by the rejigging of the fare buckets to accommodate the inclusion of Premium Economy. It sounds plausible, but I'm not sure why it is only now occurring. It is a major problem for a number of us who were cherry picking intra-asia award flights, only to have them wholly disappear. I'm not sure how much of a priority this is for UA, if it is indeed a glitch at all.
It might become a higher priority for them to address if everyone who has been impacted called in to ask about it...(as I am about to).
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by flyme2
I'm not sure how much of a priority this is for UA, if it is indeed a glitch at all.
Considering that they've basically shut down awards to Southeast Asia, it should be a higher priority than it obviously is. Perhaps the bad publicity from bloggers will help increase the pressure for a fix.
restlessinRNO and nwflyboy like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Kremmen
I saw MEL-AKL-NRT-PVG (NZ/NH), all in business class.
That was a good find. What were the dates? I'd happily take that routing.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:49 pm

That was a good find. What were the dates? I'd happily take that routing.
Tuesdays in June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.