Search

UA upgrade one leg receipt

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileageplus, Rapid Rewards
UA upgrade one leg receipt

Hello,
If I were to upgrade one leg of flight, does UA reissue a full receipt with the entire updated cost of the flight? I'm unable to submit multiple receipts on my expense report, so I wanted to verify before I did this.

Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by spzzchv
Hello,
If I were to upgrade one leg of flight, does UA reissue a full receipt with the entire updated cost of the flight? I'm unable to submit multiple receipts on my expense report, so I wanted to verify before I did this.

Thanks!
It's been a while since I've done one, but I recall receipts post-upgrade will show a collect/add amount buried somewhere in text and an updated total. You need to get your company to migrate to a more accommodative expense system . The collect/add will reflect the date paid, so can't that be another line item even if it were separate receipts.?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
It depends on what you mean by "upgrade one leg". However, you will always be able to get a single document will all of the information on it.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I have upgraded one leg of a work flight before (PHX - DEN in Economy, then DEN to SFO I upgraded to biz). They were married segments, meaning my departure airport is Phoenix, final destination is SFO.

It will reissue the receipt and keep the segments married together, showing the first in Economy, the second upgraded and usually have a note saying $X was collected due to fare difference and so forth.

What's wrong with just submitting the original receipt from the original booking? My company is not that airtight for flight receipts, so that's what I do when I upgrade any of my flights above coach. The only way an approver would really know, is if they call United and checked, or if your company has some sort of booking portal when you book your UA flight that has access to the real-time final receipts.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by spzzchv
Hello,

Thanks!
Welcome to FlyerTalk and especially to the United threads!

When you upgrade one leg, there will be a new receipt sent to you or one that you can print from the web. However, how the cost of the trip shows will depend on how you do the upgrade. If you take the upgrade offer on the website, it will usually show up as a line buried in the text on the lower end of the page indicating that on a certain date you paid some $ for the upgrade (as described by IAH-OIL-TRASH). If you call UA to upfare a segment and they somehow reprice the whole trip, then you get a receipt with the new price for the whole trip.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What do you mean by "multiple receipts" in the context of this question? Is your employer reimbursing the cost of the original ticket and then the cost of an upgrade or is it that you need the original price to show and not the new total price including the upgrade? If the former, simply print the receipt before upgrading and submit that.

If I've got it wrong, maybe we need a better explanation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.