FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   New United Clubs for MSY and RDU, Renovated FLL and LGA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1950615-new-united-clubs-msy-rdu-renovated-fll-lga.html)

nevansm May 30, 2019 10:10 am

Departed RDU today, two notes. The electronic signs above check in had a message at the bottom that noted “UNITED CLUB COMING SUNMER 2019”. After I went through TSA I believe I spotted the location. Down the escalator, to the right and above the Hudson news (could see construction going on up there). Excited for it!

EWR764 May 30, 2019 12:04 pm

Some sneak-peek photos of the new LGA club... looks very nice, and goes without saying, a massive improvement over the current facility. There are even some design elements that echo the Polaris Lounges.

https://hub.united.com/were-moving-u...638508258.html

https://app.box.com/s/tt6yu4d8y2d136xkxjgk0mwnprkmxu27

Also note the greatly-improved food selection:

Customers can enjoy an expanded food menu including distinctly New York selections such as the iconic New York Bagel provider, Ess-a-Bagel, which will be paired with assorted cream cheese, jams and smokehouse salmon spread, a Greek salad bar and rotating hot foods including oven-baked Neapolitan ziti, fast-fired pesto and goat cheese flatbread, bite sized reuben corned beef with sauerkraut and more. Menu options will rotate throughout the day with hot and cold entrees available all-day.

Yaddablahblah May 30, 2019 12:16 pm

Big thumbs up for Ess-a.

SteveHK May 30, 2019 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by EWR764 (Post 31154156)
Also note the greatly-improved food selection:

From personal experience at the media event this morning, I can say those reuben sandwich things are DELICIOUS!

threeoh May 30, 2019 2:25 pm

I haven't seen the new UC yet obviously but I've been to the new terminal and it is impossible to overstate how much nicer it is than the old terminal. And the UC location is great. Looks like the temporary entrance to the terminal is on the ground floor so you have to go upstairs to get to the UC, but once they build the pedestrian bridge you will stop off at the UC just before descending the escalators into the concourse, close to all of the gates.

sanfran8080 Jun 1, 2019 6:21 pm

Still no news on Tampa’s UC..... just a matter of time. But when?

FriendlySkies Jun 2, 2019 4:07 am

Originally Posted by nevansm (Post 31153761)
Departed RDU today, two notes. The electronic signs above check in had a message at the bottom that noted “UNITED CLUB COMING SUNMER 2019”. After I went through TSA I believe I spotted the location. Down the escalator, to the right and above the Hudson news (could see construction going on up there). Excited for it!

My assumption was that they’d use the old US Club near the low D gates for the UA lounge.

trvlr70 Jun 19, 2019 11:51 am

Any updates on the upcoming (RDU) United Club?

SAN 1K Jun 21, 2019 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by trvlr70 (Post 31219185)
Any updates on the upcoming (RDU) United Club?

I asked a check-in agent last week when I was there. She said July 10 is the target to open.

SAN 1K Jun 21, 2019 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by wanderingkev (Post 30655526)
With 8 new Frontier destinations announced recently , I think Popeyes will be booming -food quality is definitely better when you turn right after TSA than left

At least for the roll out schedules - many of those Frontier destinations are served only once or twice a week. Seems like a lot of hype for two flights to a destination. And most seemed to be times for tourists not business travel.
RDU also plans to move Frontier out of Terminal 2 into Termninal 1 to join Southwest as the “low-cost-carrier” terminal.

Duke787 Jun 24, 2019 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by SAN 1K (Post 31226678)

I asked a check-in agent last week when I was there. She said July 10 is the target to open.

^ -- didn't realize RDU was getting a UC

My one and only UA trip this year is early August (thanks UA for still offering reasonable mileage upgrades to J on RDU - SYD) so will report back if opened by then.

AirbusFan2B Jun 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Vulcan (Post 30658512)
The location for the TPA club was approved and plans drawn up just prior to 911. So, 17 years later, nada. It will be on the second floor overlooking the concourse, similar to the AA (old US) club in another terminal. Access via elevator. Every time I walk past it, I look and see... nothing. Anything would be a big plus, especially since I have a lifetime membership and live here now. :)

Back when US was *A member and had a club at TPA, I can see why UA punted. But now that has cycled through on several levels. I would agree that TPA might be one of the top stations for UA biz travelers without a *A club.

sanfran8080 Jun 24, 2019 7:59 pm

Will TPA get a club or will it be one without?...

WineCountryUA Jun 24, 2019 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by sanfran8080 (Post 31236224)
Will TPA get a club or will it be one without?...

The earlier answer is probably as good as any

Originally Posted by sanfran8080 (Post 31161345)
Still no news on Tampa’s UC..... just a matter of time. But when?

UA will probably want to finish the previously announced UC projects before announcing more.

EWR764 Jun 24, 2019 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B (Post 31235874)

Back when US was *A member and had a club at TPA, I can see why UA punted. But now that has cycled through on several levels. I would agree that TPA might be one of the top stations for UA biz travelers without a *A club.

Which was never really useful for UA travelers anyway because it was always in a different terminal (and different secure area) from UA operations, whether on E in the pre-merger days or A after moving in with the CO operation.

My guess is if TPA United Club is in a future (2020 or 2021) budget, plans, leases, etc. are not finalized and thus not ready to be announced.

TPA is, by a considerable margin -- about 20% -- United's busiest domestic station without a club. MSY and RDU are about 20% and 30% smaller, respectively, by United traffic but probably have a better high yield/business mix than leisure-heavy TPA. After those three, the next busiest UA station without a lounge is SMF, with around 55% of the traffic of TPA.

With double-daily SFO, a hangar under construction, a growing local market and historically large mainline presence, it's only a matter of time before UA matches AA and DL with a lounge in TPA. I'd also put BNA on the same list, but with lower priority.