FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   New United Clubs for MSY and RDU, Renovated FLL and LGA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1950615-new-united-clubs-msy-rdu-renovated-fll-lga.html)

Aussienarelle Nov 25, 2019 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle (Post 31776169)
Looking forward.to seeing the UC at MSY. Not much to do in the terminal while waiting for a UA flight.

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj (Post 31776572)
Have you been in the new airport? Looks like much better amenities

No I have not. Was there in September, so looking forward to the improved terminal experience and the UC in January.

FLYMSY Dec 4, 2019 10:30 am

The MSY UC will be at ground level. There will be an elevator next to gate C5 to take you down to the UC. Possible opening in January.

edit to add: gate agent just told me it’s supposed to open before the end of January.

EWR764 Dec 4, 2019 10:36 am

Originally Posted by FLYMSY (Post 31804528)
The MSY UC will be at ground level. There will be an elevator next to gate C5 to take you down to the UC. Possible opening in January.

Interesting... hopefully not a dungeon like C17/D8 at IAD, or worse yet, the old SEA RCC!

FLYMSY Dec 6, 2019 3:55 am

Originally Posted by EWR764 (Post 31804552)
Interesting... hopefully not a dungeon like C17/D8 at IAD, or worse yet, the old SEA RCC!

Don’t get your hopes up. I think you’re about to be disappointed.

EWR764 Dec 6, 2019 8:32 am

Originally Posted by FLYMSY (Post 31811393)
Don’t get your hopes up. I think you’re about to be disappointed.

Well... any UC is better than no UC at all (except at EWR), but sounds like United will be outclassed AGAIN by Delta.

1090MHz Dec 6, 2019 8:37 am

Originally Posted by EWR764 (Post 31804552)

The IAD dungeon clubs are just part of the IAD experience ;)

QB504 Jan 21, 2020 9:20 am

Anyone have an update on the opening date for the United Club at MSY?

Aussienarelle Jan 21, 2020 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by QB504 (Post 31977307)
Anyone have an update on the opening date for the United Club at MSY?

Yes, same question. A couple of weeks ago I was at MSY and saw the DL Sky Club as I walked through the terminal and although I saw a sign for the UC I did not actually see any additional signage. I ended up walking the new terminal and then sat at the gate to wait for the flight.

ASDwxguy Jan 27, 2020 12:24 pm

Saturday February 29th is the confirmed opening date as of now.

jhayes_1780 Feb 28, 2020 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by ASDwxguy (Post 32000684)
Saturday February 29th is the confirmed opening date as of now.

Now posted to United HUB: https://hub.united.com/2020-02-28-take-a-break-in-the-big-easy-united-airlines-debuts-new-club-location-in-new-orleans-2645329109.html

NEW ORLEANS, Feb. 28, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines will unveil the newest addition to its network of United Club locations with the opening of a brand-new 6,000-square-foot United Club at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. Located in the airport's brand-new terminal, near gate C7, the club offers customers a wide variety of amenities to work, relax and refresh during their travels. The new United Club opens starting Saturday, Feb. 29.

"Our expansion into New Orleans showcases United's commitment to transforming the customer experience across all touch points and complements the beautiful new terminal at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport," said Alexander Dorow, United's managing director of premium services. "It's a fresh location for us to begin our evolution to become more local and reach new audiences."

Menu highlights in the new club location include inventive twists on regional favorites such as muffuletta sliders with pimento cheese, gumbo and rice, Cajun pepper dip and Creole egg salad. The drink selection includes local staples like Abita Amber beer and Southern Comfort, along with a variety of beer, wine and cocktail options.

The New Orleans United Club features 95 seats, with a variety of seating areas for productivity, privacy and dining. For customers looking to stay connected, the club offers complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi and many power outlets and USB ports.

The New Orleans United Club location is the first United Club to open this year and is part of United's ongoing commitment to renovate and introduce new United Club locations throughout its network. The company is also working on brand-new United Club locations at Newark Liberty International Airport – to open in 2021 – and Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, which will open later this year. Construction will also begin on a brand-new and larger United Club location at Daniel K. Inouye International Airport in Honolulu. Additionally, this summer, United will unveil its United Polaris lounge at Washington Dulles International Airport – the sixth location in the United Polaris lounge network. For more information on United Club locations, visit united.com/unitedclub.

Every customer. Every flight. Every day.

United continues to strengthen its commitment to its customers, looking at every aspect of its business to ensure that the carrier keeps customers' best interests at the heart of its service. In addition to today's announcement, United recently:
  • Announced that MileagePlus award miles will never expire
  • Committed $40 million toward a new investment initiative focused on accelerating the development of sustainable aviation fuels and other decarbonization technologies
  • Established Miles on a Mission, a first-of-its-kind crowdsourcing platform which gives customers a simple way to donate miles to non-profit organizations and charities in need of air travel
  • Launched ConnectionSaver, a digital tool dedicated to improving the experience for customers with connecting flights
  • Instituted PlusPoints, new upgrade benefits for MileagePlus Premier members
  • Gave Economy customers a choice of complimentary snacks on domestic flights
  • Made DIRECTV free for every customer on more than 200 aircraft

TXJeepGuy Sep 28, 2022 3:10 pm

Went to the new club at MSY the other morning.

It is downstairs below the gates. Stairs or elevator to get down there. Nice furnishings, lounge seating and tables plus a couple small phone rooms on one wall. Self serve espresso and soda machines. Bar was not open as it was 6am, but I'm looking forward to coming back and trying it at a more reasonable hour.

Food options were better than I've seen in some bigger clubs. Since it was the breakfast hour they had biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and chorizo (no tortillas though), plus hard boiled eggs, cold cuts, cheese, and fruit.

Best part was my gate was right at the top of the stairs so I could stay right until boarding began. Good little club. Much improved from the old airport.

DELee Sep 28, 2022 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy (Post 34638959)
Went to the new club at MSY the other morning.

It is downstairs below the gates. Stairs or elevator to get down there. Nice furnishings, lounge seating and tables plus a couple small phone rooms on one wall. Self serve espresso and soda machines. Bar was not open as it was 6am, but I'm looking forward to coming back and trying it at a more reasonable hour.

Food options were better than I've seen in some bigger clubs. Since it was the breakfast hour they had biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and chorizo (no tortillas though), plus hard boiled eggs, cold cuts, cheese, and fruit.

Best part was my gate was right at the top of the stairs so I could stay right until boarding began. Good little club. Much improved from the old airport.

Wait - 6 am is an unreasonable hour for MSY's UC bar to open?

David

FLYMSY Sep 29, 2022 7:24 am

Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy (Post 34638959)
Much improved from the old airport.

It wasn’t hard to make an improvement since we didn’t have a UC at the old airport. 😉

I really like that the MSY UC has chicken and sausage gumbo that they start putting out at lunchtime. Much prefer that than what’s being served onboard.

TXJeepGuy Sep 29, 2022 7:33 am

Originally Posted by FLYMSY (Post 34640588)
It wasn’t hard to make an improvement since we didn’t have a UC at the old airport. 😉

I really like that the MSY UC has chicken and sausage gumbo that they start putting out at lunchtime. Much prefer that than what’s being served onboard.

True- ya'll barely had food in the old airport. The whole place is MUCH improved.

TXJeepGuy Sep 29, 2022 7:34 am

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 34639760)
Wait - 6 am is an unreasonable hour for MSY's UC bar to open?

David

Not in my opinion, but there was no one there.