FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   New United Clubs for MSY and RDU, Renovated FLL and LGA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1950615-new-united-clubs-msy-rdu-renovated-fll-lga.html)

LovePrunes Jan 14, 2019 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by wanderingkev (Post 30651170)
The folks at RDU have been talking about a club there for at least 12 months , glad to see it materializing , Long way off the gates though as UA has got pushed down the bottom end with the ever expanding Frontier,

with Frontier having made RDU their Eastern hub, the Frontier club will be in the Five Guys or Popeyes. Still don't know why there's no Bojangles. Either way, a cheap fast food joint seems appropriate for a Frontier club LOL.

wanderingkev Jan 14, 2019 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by LovePrunes (Post 30655361)
with Frontier having made RDU their Eastern hub, the Frontier club will be in the Five Guys or Popeyes. Still don't know why there's no Bojangles. Either way, a cheap fast food joint seems appropriate for a Frontier club LOL.

With 8 new Frontier destinations announced recently , I think Popeyes will be booming -food quality is definitely better when you turn right after TSA than left

BBSHOPSINGER Jan 14, 2019 10:58 pm

Count me in one one who would like to see a club at SLC.

The club at MSP is one I've been to often, as it's my most frequent destination for work travel. It's extremely small and usually crowded, but the staff is friendly.

I'm hoping the network will continue to grow.

UA_Flyer Jan 15, 2019 4:58 am

As I reported in the FLL thread,the grand opening of the new FLL United Club will be on Friday, Jan 25th.

mh3265a Jan 15, 2019 6:04 am

This is great news. Have a decent amount of business travel to RDU and MSY. Having a lounge will make the wait better!

dilanesp Jan 15, 2019 9:56 am

Originally Posted by artvandalay (Post 30645455)
Never understood this. TPA has almost twice as many pax as RDU.

Is it possible that RDU is more of a business travel destination (research triangle) and TPA has more vacationers (central Florida)?

Vulcan Jan 15, 2019 1:32 pm

The location for the TPA club was approved and plans drawn up just prior to 911. So, 17 years later, nada. It will be on the second floor overlooking the concourse, similar to the AA (old US) club in another terminal. Access via elevator. Every time I walk past it, I look and see... nothing. Anything would be a big plus, especially since I have a lifetime membership and live here now. :)

YYCowboy Jan 15, 2019 1:42 pm

Dang...the one time I need to be in RDU in a couple weeks & it's too early :p

artvandalay Jan 16, 2019 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 30657617)
Is it possible that RDU is more of a business travel destination (research triangle) and TPA has more vacationers (central Florida)?

Sure, it's possible. But FLL has a UC, and I bet there's way more business travel to TPA than FLL, and almost twice as many pax.

nova08 Jan 22, 2019 9:02 am

Any word on the opening date for MSY? Is it tied to the opening of the new terminal or on a longer time frame? I'm flying through at the end of February.

Update: Found more recent MSY information that the new terminal won't open until May '19, it was previously Feb '19.

worldwidedreamer Jan 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER (Post 30655947)
Count me in one one who would like to see a club at SLC.

The club at MSP is one I've been to often, as it's my most frequent destination for work travel. It's extremely small and usually crowded, but the staff is friendly.

I'm hoping the network will continue to grow.

There with you about SLC, and love the whole team at MSP. Feel almost like it is the best "Cheers" of airport clubs in the USA TBH.

sbm12 Mar 10, 2019 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by nova08 (Post 30686079)
Any word on the opening date for MSY? Is it tied to the opening of the new terminal or on a longer time frame? I'm flying through at the end of February.

Update: Found more recent MSY information that the new terminal won't open until May '19, it was previously Feb '19.

The new club will open with the new terminal or shortly thereafter if construction delays hit. But the goal is to have it ready as part of the shift, similar to LGA.

sanfran8080 Mar 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Very interesting possibility given the amount of work TPA has seen the last 5-10 years

FLYMSY Mar 14, 2019 2:23 pm

I spoke with a MSY agent yesterday and he said that the new United Club is supposed to be larger than the new Delta Club, which would be surprising. He, also, said it is not certain that the UC will be opening at the same time as the new terminal.

iamthematthew Apr 13, 2019 6:54 pm

As a TPA based flyer, the only reason I haven't gotten a membership is the lack of a UC in TPA