Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by globetraveler
Piper Heidsieck 2008 Vintage on LHR-SFO this week.... def my favorite selection so far on a recent Polaris flight. At ~$80/bottle- not bad.
Vintage Champagne in J? That’s a definite enhancement. I wonder if they’re just trying to deplete the remaining Global First / Polaris First wine stocks?

-FlyerBeek
EWR764 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by fumje
Yes, and at this point, the "Sommelier's Choice" is often every wine on board. The exception being the Colby Red, which never seems to go away.
I was surprised to see Ken Wright as a featured wine - guess its featured but not served!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Re: Piper Heidsieck 2008

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Vintage Champagne in J? That’s a definite enhancement. I wonder if they’re just trying to deplete the remaining Global First / Polaris First wine stocks?
Could be.
What was interesting is that the FA showed me the bottle without me even asking when they served it last week EWR-PEK. He must have proudly thought: "Look what you're getting here!"
Also good was that it was served on a route that isn't heavy on its consumption overall = more for me!

And yes, it was rather good!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
There have been several reports recently of vintage champagne being served, generally either Laurent Perrier or Piper. ^
Old May 1, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by hirohito888
Dinner felt excruciatingly long, though it finished in just a bit over 2h. But FA served drinks and meal from row 1 down through to row 8. I used to recall they split the cabin into rows 1-4 and 5-8 previously with extra crew.
So does this mean the “where to sit on a <plane> in J needs to be updated for (pre-plated) meal service? My favorite seats on real Polaris (so far) have been in the rear section. My upcoming flights are 772 (11A (guaranteed Polaris as it’s a P+ route) and 15A on the 77W.

I’m going to ask for the “exec” dining on the 772 (IAD-BRU) but even on the 77W (LHR-SFO) I’d like to get some rest. Exec service again I guess.
Old May 1, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by 1kBill
There have been several reports recently of vintage champagne being served, generally either Laurent Perrier or Piper. ^
I recently flew TPE-SFO in J. Champagne was Laurent-Perrier, I think it was NV. UA did nor run out, because I was the only person drinking it in the front cabin!
Old May 1, 2019, 1:47 am

Programs: United 1MM GS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
6 TPAC segments in the past 2 months. Laurent-Perrier Millesime 2007 on all flights.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
April 30 HND-SFO

narvik and bdw1120 like this.
Old May 1, 2019, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting how the menu on the LAX-SYD flight spelled out the cheese selection and port offered. A new commitment to this part of the service?

However, the menu on the HND-SFO did revert to/ stay with generic cheese line.
Old May 1, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
I am assuming that with "International cheese assortment" they mean Wisconsin AND California?

Jaysonb22 and bdw1120 like this.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by narvik
I am assuming that with "International cheese assortment" they mean Wisconsin AND California?

Actually hard to tell if any of the cheeses are of foreign origin,
I also noticed the non-ice cream dessert items described as well.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Interesting how the menu on the LAX-SYD flight spelled out the cheese selection and port offered. A new commitment to this part of the service?

However, the menu on the HND-SFO did revert to/ stay with generic cheese line.
I noted it in an another post that the US-Australia/UK menus have more description is likely because it's used as space-filler. All other menus are bilingual so it fills up pretty much the entire menu. Otherwise, without the description, the menu is full of white space. I think I posted a MEL-LAX menu earlier in the year with less description.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hirohito888
I noted it in an another post that the US-Australia/UK menus have more description is likely because it's used as space-filler. All other menus are bilingual so it fills up pretty much the entire menu. Otherwise, without the description, the menu is full of white space. I think I posted a MEL-LAX menu earlier in the year with less description.
Inteesting observation. @:-)
Old May 2, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by onthesam
Caprese salad looks fresh and tasty. Beef looks kinda hurting.
I had the same flight/beef recently. Mine was very good, actually had a bit of a kick to it which was nice. Unfortunately, there were less FAs because one of them got sick in BRU, so service was bad/slow.
Old May 2, 2019, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

-FlyerBeek
Originally Posted by SFOdelayed
6 TPAC segments in the past 2 months. Laurent-Perrier Millesime 2007 on all flights.
Well then, count your blessings. I have yet to see those vintages make an appearance on my EWR-HKG-EWR flights, let alone on my TATL flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.