Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Domestic & International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
United's Choice Menu for Inflight Meals Economy Dining Page (Includes current fresh product (Bistro on Board/BoB) and snack offerings (Snack shop) with pictures and prices)

Related threads
2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service
2019 Let's Eat - Polaris Business
and the 2018 thread is here:2018 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Domestic & International)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM

Complimentary Meal Service is available in Economy (and Economy Plus) for the following:
  • Trans-Atlantic flights
  • Trans-Pacific flights
  • Intra-Pacific/Oceania/Micronesia flights, except between Guam and Honolulu
  • South American flights
Complimentary Meal Service is available in Economy Plus for the following:
  • Premium transcontinental service flights
Buy on Board only is featured in Economy for the following:
  • North American flights (all 50 US States, Canada, and Mexico)
  • Intra-Pacific flights between Guam and Honolulu
  • Caribbean and Latin America flights (not South America)
Here's United's official page on Economy Class dining:
https://www.united.com/web/en-us/con...ng.aspx?POS=US

For the curious folks, the 2018 thread is here:
2018 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Domestic & International)

With that, Let's Eat 2019!
berg23 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:07 am

Forgot to grab a picture, but the inclusion of a Sriracha Mayo packet in the condiment box was a very welcome addition with the White cheddar cheeseburger.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
Is there a way to check the food options offered on my upcoming flights SFO-LIH and LIH-DEN? I am seated in E+.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyguy6
Is there a way to check the food options offered on my upcoming flights SFO-LIH and LIH-DEN? I am seated in E+.
Not from UA
Not much posted for 2019, so 2018 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Domestic & International) might help
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Had the burger for the first time a few days ago, it was good though the packaging ensures it's messy. Should be another way to package it that's less messy.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: United Platinum
EWR-LAX Flight 1600 Today (1/12) Econ Plus

Chicken (General Tsao w/ white rice) or cheese filled pasta
Both accompanied by fruit cup and cheesecake
KIND bar prior to landing

All “old fashioned” cocktails were taken for J, none available in Y
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:32 am

Had the Roth Wisconsin Selection cheese tray. Not bad, but a fairly small portion. And they only charged $4.99 for it instead of $9.99. I assume that was a mistake.

Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: UAL 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by bman1002
Had the Roth Wisconsin Selection cheese tray. Not bad, but a fairly small portion. And they only charged $4.99 for it instead of $9.99. I assume that was a mistake.
Saw it in the guide today at $4.99
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by lesliegolf
Saw it in the guide today at $4.99
That seems like the appropriate price for it. It is still listed at $9.99 on the website though.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA
Jan 7, UA927 (FRA->SFO). Q: "Chicken or Pasta" ? A: "Chicken"

Only that i did not find any chicken but rice, dal and another veggie. Actually very tasty. Checked the aluminum cover and it said something about veggie, maybe indian veggie (forgot) ?

This was of course a delivery mistake, but i was surprised to get it during the normal service, i had expected that those special meals are not in their normal food cart because i saw them being hand delivered earlier (so that they are cold as ice when the drinks come along). When i inquired, it sounded as if they have such a veggie choice always, not only when you pre-book it ?! Maybe i'll ask next flight explicitly for an indian veggie option (but not pre-book it) ??? Oh well. Only a problem for US/EU flights, US/Asia in general has better food for my taste (even non-chicken, non-pasta standard options).

Oh, and they had excellent chocolate ice-cream (i hated that 2018 mango ice cream i got > 70% of the time).

But they seem to have taken cognac/brandy out of their booze selection.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:09 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by te36

Only that i did not find any chicken but rice, dal and another veggie. Actually very tasty. Checked the aluminum cover and it said something about veggie, maybe indian veggie (forgot) ?

This was of course a delivery mistake, but i was surprised to get it during the normal service, i had expected that those special meals are not in their normal food cart because i saw them being hand delivered earlier (so that they are cold as ice when the drinks come along). When i inquired, it sounded as if they have such a veggie choice always, not only when you pre-book it ?! Maybe i'll ask next flight explicitly for an indian veggie option (but not pre-book it) ??? Oh well. Only a problem for US/EU flights, US/Asia in general has better food for my taste (even non-chicken, non-pasta standard options).

Oh, and they had excellent chocolate ice-cream (i hated that 2018 mango ice cream i got > 70% of the time).

But they seem to have taken cognac/brandy out of their booze selection.
The Indian option has been a regular choice when I've flown UA transatlantic the last few years. Pretty good, and certainly better than the dreaded chicken or pasta.
I do have to disagree with you re ice cream, I loved that mango sorbet. Mmmmmmh.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by zeer0
I do have to disagree with you re ice cream, I loved that mango sorbet. Mmmmmmh.
Thats probably it, i love mango, but i am not a sorbet person. Maybe one could hack a decent lassy replacement mixing it with milk
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold

Did your main course look like this? This was taken from my IAD-FRA flight in December 2018.

I think what probably happened was that they actually had 3 options. On my flight, the choices were chicken, pasta, or vegetarian. The chicken was Indian butter chicken, and the vegetarian was this vegetarian Indian dish. Both these entrees have this "Rajbhog Foods" label on top, and my guess is that the flight attendant might have grabbed the wrong one because it looks so similar to the butter chicken one. Though you mention that you looked at the "aluminum cover" so your situation very well could have been different

It is true that there is usually a 3rd vegetarian (non-pasta) option, but I've found that flight attendants often don't offer it, perhaps saving it for those who've forgotten to order a vegetarian meal? On my flight FRA-SFO also in December, the choices were orzo chicken, pasta, or Thai vegetable curry.. I personally love Indian (and Thai) food, so I'm thrilled that United caters these meals! I've had the butter chicken before and have really liked it, so I wanted to try the vegetarian one this time. I also enjoyed it (though was a bit dried out)!
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:41 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
9 JAN 2019 LAX-EWR breakfast

Choices were eggs or French toast. Standard cut fruit and yogurt. The tray is going to look a little weird since this was a Premium Plus seat.

Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by PTahCha
9 JAN 2019 LAX-EWR breakfast

Choices were eggs or French toast. Standard cut fruit and yogurt. The tray is going to look a little weird since this was a Premium Plus seat.
Yah, but it's the same food as the rest of E+.

If UA's gonna charge more for a P+ booking (whenever), then they'd better also ante up on the mean service.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.