Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Breakfast on IAD-AUS operated by Messy E175, choice of turkey and cheese sandwich or raisin bran

Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K
January 26, 2019
UA2307
DEN-LIH
757-200

Solid offering (especially portion size) for a 7h 59m scheduled flying time. First choice was actually the pasta (last one), but my seatmate was a picky eater and I offered that up to her and took the pesto chicken instead. Excellent "Service with Aloha" by the Denver-based crew. The lead FA gave me Prosecco in a "big boy glass" which I appreciated and laughed at and it was always refilled quickly. About 1.5 hours before landing in Lihue, they came through with a snack basket of typical domestic assortments.

Side note: On the return back on LIH-SFO on 2/2 UA1746 (737-800SFP), they actually offered a full dinner for a 2215 departure. I think this was probably a mis-cater as I can't remember the last time I've had a hot meal on the red-eyes back from the islands. But, is that the norm?
BlueSky72, tstauck and phoxay like this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MarkyMarc
Side note: On the return back on LIH-SFO on 2/2 UA1746 (737-800SFP), they actually offered a full dinner for a 2215 departure. I think this was probably a mis-cater as I can't remember the last time I've had a hot meal on the red-eyes back from the islands. But, is that the norm?
Do you have a picture of the return?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: united
January 26, 2019
UA2307
DEN-LIH
757-200

Solid offering (especially portion size) for a 7h 59m scheduled flying time. First choice was actually the pasta (last one), but my seatmate was a picky eater and I offered that up to her and took the pesto chicken instead. Excellent "Service with Aloha" by the Denver-based crew. The lead FA gave me Prosecco in a "big boy glass" which I appreciated and laughed at and it was always refilled quickly. About 1.5 hours before landing in Lihue, they came through with a snack basket of typical domestic assortments.

That looks delicious!
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Do you have a picture of the return?
Alas, the only picture I took was of the Mai Tai on the return. The offering was either a beef short rib (think strips of reasonably tender rib meat in a tangy BBQ sauce - admittedly, one I've never had before) or a cold chicken salad. The beef plate came with the standard salad and a Ghirardelli square - perfectly adequate for that flight since I just wanted to rest (both liver and body) and a warm meal hit the spot.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Alas, the only picture I took was of the Mai Tai on the return. The offering was either a beef short rib (think strips of reasonably tender rib meat in a tangy BBQ sauce - admittedly, one I've never had before) or a cold chicken salad. The beef plate came with the standard salad and a Ghirardelli square - perfectly adequate for that flight since I just wanted to rest (both liver and body) and a warm meal hit the spot.
I believe this is the standard offering on redeye from Hawaii.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:34 pm

Thanks for the insight - much appreciated. I texted an LAX-based FA friend of mine (sUA) who seemed surprised by the offering, but it's a welcome change over the cold snack plate they served on my last OGG-LAX.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
The short rib is new to me, but anything with the Ghiradelli square is going to be a Snack.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis PC
UA 219 on 01.01.2019
ORD - HNL in United First

We had a few meal selections made including child, vegan, and no selection.

This is the Child meal selection. The hot dog was good, it was devoured pretty easily and the bun was fresh. The salad was a bit ignored, it would have been nice to see a fruit or something more kid friendly.

This was the regular option, it was a whitefish with a semi-sweet-ish sauce that was actually pretty tasty.

This dish was served for both the Vegan (strict) and Vegetarian lacto-ovo meal choices. It was a cauliflower mash with a veggie based gravy and overall was a great dish considering the meal choice. The vegan in the group really enjoyed it.

For desert they had vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce that I didn't get a picture of. No vegan desert special offered except for a banana from the snack basket.

About an hour before landing in HNL the snack was served. This is the regular selection which was a pepperoni calzone, it was good, no hard parts or anything. Also featured here is the yummy Mai Thai and each one came with a pineapple rectangle piece out of the core. These were popular with the group!

This was the Child snack, a turkey and cheese sandwich with fresh bread and chips.

The vegan snack offering was a salad only or snack basket offerings.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Wow, I haven't got meals like that on my HNL flights and I made 3 trips there this past year. Then again, I think the first one (DEN-HNL) was while they were having their issues with the DEN kitchen so I booked subsequent flights through LAX and I pretty much went to sleep as soon as the return flights took off.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by st530
IAH-LAX 1005 am departure 772 (high density) seat 1K (backward facing)

In a surprise, the choices were ... tandoori chicken and cold noodle salad with chicken. Basically, the same two choices I've had on 80% of mid-cons the last 6 months or longer.

Still, I'm a sucker for the tandoori chicken, though the paneer was unusually cold this time.

I have grown SO tired of that choice. So much so that I think I’d actually prefer a couple months of the chicken banquet at this point. Thankfully my request for a cheeseburger from the back is generally accommodated when I just can’t stomach my third or fourth noodle salad for the week.
st530 and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
2019-02-08 UA625 EWR-MCO

Snack

Offered cheese plate or noodles with beef. Noodles with beef shown below:

Found it tasty. Would have loved more.

David
onthesam likes this.

Last edited by DELee; Feb 9, 2019 at 1:20 pm
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Last year they were offering the burger, as I believe it's just a snack service.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:47 pm

EWR-SEA this week had no ice cream with the dinner service.

There was a prepackaged brownie on the tray and the FA served the Polaris apple pie mini as dessert instead of the arrival treat.

The prepackaged brownie makes it feel like this wasn’t a mistake but a cut. Though I see SFO-DCA above still had a sundae.

SFO-EWR dinner this week same as usual. Which is now better than intl Polaris...
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
YVR-IAH last week, I had the French Toast souffle, which was welcome reappearance in my breakfast menu experiences. Except for the sauce, which had much less vanilla flavor than the last time I enjoyed this dish, a year or so ago, the breakfast was pretty good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.