Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by findark
Yes I'm talking about early 2018 (?) as the tail end of the general wave of cuts that sent midcons to hot/cold option (from two hot), transcons to two hot (from three), eliminated sorbets, and significantly reduced the occurrence of the cookie.
I haven't seen a cookie in ages - gone are the days of Continental's famous and very delicious soups and pre-arrival freshly baked cookie.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I haven't seen a cookie in ages - gone are the days of Continental's famous and very delicious soups and pre-arrival freshly baked cookie.
Prior to the 1Q18 cuts, the fresh-baked (or warmed) cookie was the arrival service for some midcons (others were ice cream/sorbet), all transcons, and p.s. flights.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Prior to the 1Q18 cuts, the fresh-baked (or warmed) cookie was the arrival service for some midcons (others were ice cream/sorbet), all transcons, and p.s. flights.
A distant memory like the hot bouillon served to those in deck chairs on the QUEEN MARY
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: united
FWIW I prefer the ice cream sundaes on p.s. to the cookie.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dilanesp
FWIW I prefer the ice cream sundaes on p.s. to the cookie.
Sure, but they're not serving p.s. sundaes in place of the cookie. They're putting a cheesecake or whatever that is on the meal tray instead.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by fumje
Sure, but they're not serving p.s. sundaes in place of the cookie. They're putting a cheesecake or whatever that is on the meal tray instead.
Yeah, old p.s. was sundae for dessert and cookie on arrival... new p.s. is sundae for dessert and some wrap thing instead (have not flown p.s. since the cuts actually).

Old TCON was sorbet (lunch) or ice cream (dinner) for dessert and cookie on arrival. New service is ice cream (both, and less flavor rotation) for dessert, and a mixed bag on arrival - I've had nothing, Polaris tarts, and rumors of a cookie in the last 18 months.

Old midcon was ice cream or cookie (depending on division) for dessert, new midcon is cheesecake.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:31 pm

Yeah, old p.s. was sundae for dessert and cookie on arrival... new p.s. is sundae for dessert and some wrap thing instead (have not flown p.s. since the cuts actually).

Old TCON was sorbet (lunch) or ice cream (dinner) for dessert and cookie on arrival. New service is ice cream (both, and less flavor rotation) for dessert, and a mixed bag on arrival - I've had nothing, Polaris tarts, and rumors of a cookie in the last 18 months.

Old midcon was ice cream or cookie (depending on division) for dessert, new midcon is cheesecakes.
Talk about a feature not a bug! 1 dessert seems entirely correct to me. The p.s. flights are about 5-6 hours long. Who eats 2 desserts in 6 hours?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Talk about a feature not a bug! 1 dessert seems entirely correct to me. The p.s. flights are about 5-6 hours long. Who eats 2 desserts in 6 hours?
Sometimes I eat 2 desserts in 10 minutes! If I meet the right dessert.
SFO 1K, iluv2fly, wpcoe and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given that the flight is usually blocked for 8-9 hours (including the time change) and if you add travel time on both ends, I'm not really disappointed to have a modest snack on arrival from an eastbound transcon flight that ate 11 hours of my day.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Do they serve anything in E+ / Economy Plus on Premium Service red eyes other than a drink service and a choice of package snack?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:54 pm

Given that the flight is usually blocked for 8-9 hours (including the time change) and if you add travel time on both ends, I'm not really disappointed to have a modest snack on arrival from an eastbound transcon flight that ate 11 hours of my day.
Come on. The time change is not real time. No airline serves additional food on eastbounds.

At any rate, if you count the time change, the westbound is only 3 hours.

And you can always pick up a cookie at the airport at either origin or destination.

There's no reason to serve two desserts on a domestic flight.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
5:20 PM departure. App indicated dinner, which surprised me.
Apparently surprised the catering department as well...

I thought the salt and pepper packet was a nice touch.
narvik and Kacee like this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by goodeats21

Send that in to United ... that is NOT dinner ...
narvik likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21

Pretty generous serving of ice too.
Kacee likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies were offered SJU-EWR lunchtime flight last month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.