Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador
I was there on 1/12 before my flight to Sydney. Those of us on the Sydney flight had been notified early in the afternoon our flight would be delayed until 12:01am. When I entered the lounge at 4:30pm they attendant told me right away that the lounge would stay open until boarding started. It stayed quiet until about 8:00pm, but even then it wasn't jammed back full. I kept going to look at the dining room and it was never more than 1/2 full. Most people were eating from the buffet (love the tapas) or the appetizers they kept walking around with. I really miss the lit up bar, the white is a little boring to me. That is what linked all the other Polaris lounges together. My seatmate was a first time United Polaris flyer, I asked her if she had checked the lounge out and she had no clue there were lounges. Another couple I met in the Polaris lounge had spent 2 hours in the United Club before they took a walk and stumbled across the Polaris Lounge. They were disappointed the United Club didn't direct them to the Polaris Lounge from the start. I think they need to put on the boarding passes, you are welcome to "blah Blah lounge" for each city in their trip. That would be nice for passengers that don't have knowledge.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by HkCaGu

Am I counting right? The only eligible nonstops from LAX are PVG, NRT, SYD, MEL, LHR and Ethiopian.
Also connecting flights. Anyone departing on a long haul Polaris flight from another hub is also eligible for entry.

Last edited by Air Houston; Jan 13, 2019 at 7:49 pm
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
I have precheck. There was no precheck on my gate pass, although I was walked to the front of the security line. I did indeed go through the nudeoscope, but was only carrying a laptop. I totally forgot to take off my shoes and had to be reminded.
Same for me - they brought me to the front of the main security line even though I'm TSA-Pre. I had laced shoes on and was totally fumbling to get them off. Been a while haha!

Overall a great time at the Lounge. As others mentioned, the Dining Room at the time was pretty chaotic and a 40 min wait when I came around 1:45pm, so I passed on it. Plenty of food in the buffet and I enjoyed just hanging in the bar area and meeting others.

Nice to meet Flying Machine and SS255 to name a few!

- Tom
SS255 and Flying Machine like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chgodrew
I think they need to put on the boarding passes, you are welcome to "blah Blah lounge" for each city in their trip. That would be nice for passengers that don't have knowledge.
Upon arriving TATL into ORD last month a yellow-scarfed agent met GS pax at the a/c door handing out connecting boarding passes with a PL invitation note, highlighted by yellow marker.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Upon arriving TATL into ORD last month a yellow-scarfed agent met GS pax at the a/c door handing out connecting boarding passes with a PL invitation note, highlighted by yellow marker.
That is a great gesture for ORD to do for GS members. What about the rest of the passengers though? If someone doesn't tell them about the lounge how do they know. By incorporating it into the boarding pass design then everyone would get the information.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is a great gesture for ORD to do for GS members. What about the rest of the passengers though? If someone doesn't tell them about the lounge how do they know. By incorporating it into the boarding pass design then everyone would get the information.
Agree. FWIW, arriving flight was delayed by almost an hour, maybe that furthered the "extra CS touch" in this case .......
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
CX does this for its lounges in HKG (if connecting thru). When you get your J boarding pass at your departure location you also get a blank boarding pass that says you're invited to the Bridge/Pier/Wing/Deck. Well, at least they did the last time I flew CX thru HKG a few months back. Would seem UA could do this easily for the P-lounges as well.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Yes, it's very weird that they don't mention it on the boarding passes. In the at home print-out of my boarding passes on my international long hauls when I fly Polaris Business through ORD they always mention that I have access to the UCs and to avoid the UC near gate C18 due to potential overcrowding. It would be better if they mentioned the Polaris Lounge near gate C16. Obviously, I know about it but some other passengers might not.

At ORD they used to have agents at the door of the arriving International long hauls waiting for passengers that flew in First Class to give them the information about the Polaris Lounge. If they missed the passengers at the door, they would go around the luggage area for that flight asking every passenger if they were Mr. or Mrs. First Class. They would provide the First Class passenger a boarding pass from the international long haul they had just left so they could have easy access to the Polaris Lounge. Maybe that's the same service they do for GS.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Jan 14, 2019 at 5:24 pm
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
At SFO check-in, BR, SQ, and LX all specifically direct business class passengers to the Polaris lounge. And they have to pay UA for each passenger's access.
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: Asiana Club
Wondering, if there will be a lounge preview event, maybe the day before (1/11) ?
There was and I was there.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Jay La
And your impressions/feedback?

David
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by Jay La
Didn't happen....if no pictures!
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:43 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
They did this back in the day with international first class passengers as well, with invitations to the IFL.
wxguy likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Gold, AA Gold
Flying MEL-LAX later this week in Polaris, then connecting to ORD. GS phone agent said Polaris Lounge would not be available for arrivals (“departures only”), which conflicts with the wiki on this thread. Will I be able to visit the Polaris Lounge as as an arrival visitor?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:39 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by bluepig1
Flying MEL-LAX later this week in Polaris, then connecting to ORD. GS phone agent said Polaris Lounge would not be available for arrivals (“departures only”), which conflicts with the wiki on this thread. Will I be able to visit the Polaris Lounge as as an arrival visitor?
If both sectors are on UA, then yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.