Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions on MNL-GUM-YAP?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Suggestions on MNL-GUM-YAP?

So one thing leads to another during an argument about crypto currency in a bar one night, and the conversation turns to rai stones, as it does... something about Guam many months later comes up, and then I realise its next to Yap and a vague plan is hatched...

I'm going to be in the Philippines mid february, and I'm looking at the feasibility of hoping over to Guam and Yap. I probably wouldn't want to be away for more then a week, though actually pretty flexible.

Ideally I'd like to spend some time on both, and am wondering about the best way to do it accommodating the UA schedule, I dont mind which is first or last. Welcoming any suggestions or thoughts.

I tried a dummy booking MNL-YAP on the UA site, but it just came back with unavailable. I'm assuming thats what I want, with a stopover in Guam in whichever direction is best?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Present schedule
GUM-YAP, flies Tues, Sat at 11:25PM
YAP-GUM flies Wed, Sun at 1:55AM

You will spend a couple days in YAP if you fly UA.

see Questions about NRT-GUM-YAP flight
Also UA's Micronesia Island Hopper - consolidated questions, advice, ....

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 17, 2018 at 3:28 pm Reason: island hopper thread
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Use a better flight search engine, the UA.sux one is pretty hopeless.

On Google Flights just pick days that both services operate and it will be happy to provide options like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Present schedule
GUM-YAP, flies Tues, Sat at 11:25PM
YAP-GUM flies Wed, Sun at 1:55AM

You will spend a couple days in YAP if you fly UA.

see Questions about NRT-GUM-YAP flight
Also UA's Micronesia Island Hopper - consolidated questions, advice, ....
Thanks, I'd found that first thread, but that second one is fascinating, and very very very tempting....!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.