Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

You know you travel UA too much when ...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA Plat
...when you only realize after you've parked in the home airport's long-term parking lot serving UA that you're exceptionally flying another airline, and need to park in a different long-term parking lot. (I've done this more than once when flying OALs.)
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
When you look at random flights/city pairs on the UA app flight status page when you have free time/are bored.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
When your space-obsessed 8-year-old nephew asks you "What does Polaris mean? And you reply "That my GPU cleared."
big V likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
Originally Posted by wxguy
1. The international purser says, "You again?"
Have had that a few times now

Also had
The Purser/FA walks back and looks at you, turns around and comes back with your pick of PDB without even having to ask what you wanted
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
when you fly out of small stations like yyz (Toronto) all the staff know you its like old home week.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
1. You know the actual flight miles between each UA hub and between each hub and focus city without even bother to look up.

2. When you have taken photos of all Polaris entree options that you stop taking photos of them to post in the “Let’s Eat...l thread in FT’s United Forum.

3. After you finish dinner at home, you are the only one still sits at the dinning room table expecting the desert cart serving ice cream sundae, cheese plate and sweet deserts to arrive....

4. Death, tax and UA’s international pre-arrival omlette entree....

5. Your lifetime BIS number is greater than your net worth

6. Your know your lifetime BIS number by heart but don’t really know your net worth number.
1015-1k and windhund like this.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Dec 9, 2018 at 10:29 am
Old Dec 9, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
1. You know the actual flight miles between each UA hub and between each hub and focus city without even bother to look up.

My favorite is ORD-PIT, 412 miles. 412 is also the PIT telephone area code.

6. Your know your lifetime BIS number by heart but don’t really know your net worth number.

These are both quite depressing.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
3. After you finish dinner at home, you are the only one still sit at the dinning room table expecting the deser cart serving ice cream sundae, cheese plate and sweet deserts to arrive....
You mean you don't get desserts at home?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by atword
...when your spouse says “you again?”
Underrated
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2. When you have taken photos of all Polaris entree options that you stop taking photos of them to post in the “Let’s Eat...l thread in FT’s United Forum.

3. After you finish dinner at home, you are the only one still sits at the dinning room table expecting the desert cart serving ice cream sundae, cheese plate and sweet deserts to arrive....

4. Death, tax and UA’s international pre-arrival omlette entree....

Interesting juxtaposition. Applicable to me.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:52 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by FTLexMUC
I was flying to London and had a random passenger next to me. We chatted.

On the return flight a week later I had picked the same seat. Who rocks up to take the seat next to me? Same guy as on thebout ound flight! We both had to laugh. What are the odds?
Same thing happened to me on an LHR flight except I switched from starboard aisle to port aisle and the same guy that was sitting across the aisle from me on the way out had also moved sides and was across the aisle from me again...

Originally Posted by riphamilton
when UA changes the flight number on a route you've flown for years and it bothers you.... for months, if not years (UA14/15 for me; if UA444 is ever changed, i'll have to seek therapy).
or any slight changes to the schedule so you're going crazy because you know you can get to city X by 8:15 on any weekday, but the website isn't showing you those flights!

Originally Posted by wxguy
1. The international purser says, "You again?"
Or you fly so much you not only recognize the crew, but other pax...
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by Austin787
Your ringtone is Rhapsody in Blue.
Isn't everyone's?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by jcp3rd
...when you only realize after you've parked in the home airport's long-term parking lot serving UA that you're exceptionally flying another airline, and need to park in a different long-term parking lot. (I've done this more than once when flying OALs.)
Better yet you head out to your usual parking area and realize you took the choo choo and left out of a different airport.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by IMissThe747
1. when you refer to cities (including the one you live in) primarily by their airport codes.

2. you think about flight timing at the end of December or early January in terms of max benefit for 1K qualification.
Amazon does #1 for naming its warehouses -- BWI-1, BWI-2, RIC-1, RIC-2, etc., to name only those nearest me.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by IMissThe747
1. when you refer to cities (including the one you live in) primarily by their airport codes.
...and have a way of pronouncing some of them out loud (other than speaking all the letters)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.