Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Runs to Hawaii now...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BThumme
Right now I'm at 81,105 miles (*pqm, so some bonuses) flown and only $6,004 dollars spent. I just can't fathom how (companies) can sometimes spend that much on a single flight for its employees.

If there were no PQDs on United, I would be throwing money left and right on UA on mile runs like this. Now...no splurging. I spend less. But I'm exactly the type of person the airlines don't want (low cpm). It's sad I will probably hit 100k and still only make gold. If only I could trade my excess PQMs for your excess PQDs.
If there's a problem that's costing a few hundred $K or (or a few $M)/day and they need person X to be there, that's cheap. I fly almost all domestic Y cabin only, so none of my fares are *that* expensive, but for a few years I had almost no tickets purchased more than a week in advance, many purchased less than a day in advance, and no itinerary flown as originally booked. I had enough PQD for Plat, but not enough PQM to get to Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.