Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Buy UA miles for 1.66c (Purchase IHG pts w/bonus by 15 June '18 & xfer to UA w/bonus)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy UA miles for 1.66c (Purchase IHG pts w/bonus by 15 June '18 & xfer to UA w/bonus)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: Aegean Gold
It has been six weeks, so I called IHG. They would open a case ticket for me. It has been so frustrating since I had use for UA miles. I transferred Chase UR points instead and that was instant.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by dvdsl
It has been six weeks, so I called IHG. They would open a case ticket for me. It has been so frustrating since I had use for UA miles. I transferred Chase UR points instead and that was instant.
Please let us know how it goes.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Yeah, nothing has shown up for me either on the United end- as posted earlier, the transfer happened from IHG on 6/15. I'm going to be pretty beside myself if it's taking months to do this and I get screwed out of a bonus. What, do they carve these on stone tablets?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:22 pm

Transferred 230K miles on Jun 15th. IHG did two transfer transactions. After escalating last week and having a case ticket opened on the IHG side, the original (w/o the bonus) amount posted on the 29th.
The IHG agent that handled my case did mention that the 6-weeks deadline was not until this week.

The miles did post with the Jun 15th dates.

Today I called UA MP to enquire about the bonus points, and the MP Rep had no clue about the offer, nor was she able to find any information about it - she did take her time to check. There is no mention about it anywhere in the website
Will have to wait to see if it posts...
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by marcuswelby
.... Today I called UA MP to enquire about the bonus points, and the MP Rep had no clue about the offer, nor was she able to find any information about it - she did take her time to check. There is no mention about it anywhere in the website
Will have to wait to see if it posts...
Don't have access to the T&Cs but who was providing the bonus, UA or IHG?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The offer was posted on united's website.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
I originally found out about it from a direct email from UA. It looked something like the one posted on boardingarea.com.

For me, it generates two entries on my UA account: "Hi Priority Club Point Transfer" and also "IHG Rewards Club Points Transfer Bonus". The latter appeared some time later, but is dated the same as the original transfer.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:25 pm

It's been 7 weeks so I called United again, this time they told me it should have only taken 2 weeks and not 4-6 weeks or 6-8 weeks. Again they had no clue about where are my miles or even awareness of the promotion.

They told me that I needed to call IHG to have IHG contact the United "Liaison".
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: Aegean Gold
Just an update, my UA points posted as well, and it was back dated to June. However, my bonus points did not post, so I will keep watch
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:28 pm

Just an update, my UA points posted as well, and it was back dated to June. However, my bonus points did not post, so I will keep watch
At this point I would just call United to get the bonus miles. It's already over a month since the promotion ended.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:43 pm

So I just called IHG and told them I transferred points to United miles on 6/15 and still have not received it. And I wanted them to open a case ticket to contact the United "Liaison" to see what's going on.
The IHG rep emailed United, gave me a ticket reference number, and said he would call me back once he hears back from United. Seems like this is a known issue because the IHG rep also mentioned the transfer would be dated 6/15 so I can receive the bonus miles from United.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I transferred 240,000 points on June 21 and am still waiting.

On a positive note, I did receive a rebate of 24,000 points (10% of the transferred points) as an IHG select credit card holder. I wonder if I'll get another 24,000 points rebated to me as an Ambassador member.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:49 pm

Finally got the miles after opening the case ticket with IHG 4 days ago. It is backdated to 6/15/18 in my United account, but I did not receive the 50% bonus yet. Going to wait a few days before calling united about the missing bonus.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by night718
Finally got the miles after opening the case ticket with IHG 4 days ago. It is backdated to 6/15/18 in my United account, but I did not receive the 50% bonus yet. Going to wait a few days before calling united about the missing bonus.
I also just got the miles a few days after contacting IHG again once the 6 weeks expired. It's backdated to 6/21/18 in my United account, but I did not receive the 50% bonus either. I have followed up with an email to United.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:21 am

Base points posted in my account after 6 weeks and a day (I transferred on June 15), nothing in my wife's account yet (6 weeks and 3 days - she transferred on June 25). No bonuses at all. I just emailed UA MP Service Center this morning for my bonus points, we'll see what happens.

I'll chase IHG on my wife's points today too.

IHG says the transfer for my wife's points went across on June 28, so tomorrow will one day beyond six weeks, which is when my base miles hit the account. I will check again, and then email United for her bonus.

From united.com, screenshot taken on June 15, 2018:

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 9, 2018 at 12:30 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.