Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Buy UA miles for 1.66c (Purchase IHG pts w/bonus by 15 June '18 & xfer to UA w/bonus)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy UA miles for 1.66c (Purchase IHG pts w/bonus by 15 June '18 & xfer to UA w/bonus)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 12:02 pm

Sent an email to United yesterday about the missing bonus miles. Called them and they escalated my case and said to wait another 7-10 days. 2 months of waiting for this transfer, this is nuts.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:55 pm

Received an email from United saying "the bonus miles will post 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends." Here's to another 2 weeks of waiting.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by night718
Received an email from United saying "the bonus miles will post 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends." Here's to another 2 weeks of waiting.
I got the same.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Transferred 120000 IHG points to MileagePlus on June 16 hoping to get bonus - points still not credited to MileagePlus Called IHG today -they said they cant help me as points transferred about 8 weeks ago - call United. Called United they said they couldn't help me and they haven't got a liason officer with IHG Rewards United told me to call IHG back -called IHG they said they wil ltry and investigate -this seems a bit of a sham!
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
IHG also said they would investigate last week. Still getting dial tone, points gone from IHG, nothing on United's side.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
IHG also said they would investigate last week. Still getting dial tone, points gone from IHG, nothing on United's side.
Originally Posted by cbourl
Transferred 120000 IHG points to MileagePlus on June 16 hoping to get bonus - points still not credited to MileagePlus Called IHG today -they said they cant help me as points transferred about 8 weeks ago - call United. Called United they said they couldn't help me and they haven't got a liason officer with IHG Rewards United told me to call IHG back -called IHG they said they wil ltry and investigate -this seems a bit of a sham!
Call IHG and tell them your situation. Then tell them to open a case ticket to contact the United "Liaison" with the date they transferred the points and your IHG and United membership information. The IHG rep should send an email to United and also give you a ticket reference number in the same call. If the IHG rep has no clue, hang up and try again with a different rep. The rep I got was well aware of the missing miles issue and even asked me if I was calling about the 50% bonus promotion.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:48 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Call IHG and tell them your situation. Then tell them to open a case ticket to contact the United "Liaison" with the date they transferred the points and your IHG and United membership information. The IHG rep should send an email to United and also give you a ticket reference number in the same call. If the IHG rep has no clue, hang up and try again with a different rep. The rep I got was well aware of the missing miles issue and even asked me if I was calling about the 50% bonus promotion.
Thanks I did get the issue escalated and was given a reference number. IF IHG are well aware if the issue then they should fix it! Still smells of a sham scam to me! Last year October MileagePlus had a similar promo with a 30% Bonus for transfer of Choice Rewards and Club Carlson Points - I did a transfer from Choice rewards - it worked and the bonus came through without a hitch
\
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by cbourl
Thanks I did get the issue escalated and was given a reference number. IF IHG are well aware if the issue then they should fix it! Still smells of a sham scam to me! Last year October MileagePlus had a similar promo with a 30% Bonus for transfer of Choice Rewards and Club Carlson Points - I did a transfer from Choice rewards - it worked and the bonus came through without a hitch
\
I don't know if IHG is well aware of the issue, but the IHG rep I spoke to certainly was. It took me about 4 days after he opened the ticket for me to receive the base miles. I still have not received the 50% bonus and United rep says I'd have to wait 6-8 weeks after the promotion ended which would make 8/25 8 weeks.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I did call IHG, Got told I was being passed to a liaison. Nothing back from them. I guess I get to play the HUCA/dissatisfied customer who gets to phone bomb a support line game since I have not gotten a response from multiple phone calls other than the phone rep saying Something Will Be Done™. Wonderful.

(calls)

Apparently I need to wait a week and see if my UA balance goes up...

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Aug 14, 2018 at 12:07 pm
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by md125
Same here, got the rebate, but nothing in my United account yet (neither base points nor bonus). My wife transferred points as well, closer to the end of the month. Nothing in her United account yet either.
Update: I transferred 80,000 points in two chunks (30,000 and 50,000) on June 15. Got the base in my account on July 28 (6 weeks and a day) dated June 15. My wife transferred 100,000 points on June 28. No points in her United account at all.

I emailed United about my bonus points on August 9. They replied on August 10 that my account was just credited with the 8,000 bonus miles in a single transaction.

I then emailed both United and IHG about my wife's missing points. So far, crickets.

In summary, I got the base in two transactions as expected though much delayed, and the bonus in one that screamed "We have no process for this until you complain." Wife is still waiting for anything to hit her account.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:46 pm

Finally got the bonus miles!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:37 am

Did you guys receive the 10% IHG point redemption rebate from this transfer, if you have a legacy Chase IHG credit card?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by llkkid
Did you guys receive the 10% IHG point redemption rebate from this transfer, if you have a legacy Chase IHG credit card?
Yes.
llkkid likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by llkkid
Yep
llkkid likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:25 am

Hey
Tranksferred 120000 IGG Became 24000 MileagePlus miles Bonus posted finally but is only 12000 MileagePlus Miles
Terms and Conditions say
"From June 1-30, earn 3,000 United

MileagePlus® bonus award miles for every 10,000 IHG®

Rewards Club points you exchange"
I calculate this as 12 x 3000 Bonus MileagePlus miles ie 36000 Bonus Mileage Plus Miles
Can someone clarify this for me? Thx
BTw very stressed after had phone stolen yesterday even at Munich airport - my phone is now in Romania I have managed to swipe it remotely but the torture at MUC of trying to report a lost/stolen smartphone let alone request assistance from the useless Lufthansa Service Desk - its pure torture 3 hours of schmelzing only helpful people were a Spanish lounge assistant at MUC SEN Lounge G Gates and a lovely true Bavarian policeman landside DO NOT EXPECT ANY HELP FROM LH OR MUNICH AIRPORT if you have something stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.