Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No more local & now no more papers in UC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more local & now no more papers in UC?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
You can certainly bring your own reading and entertainment. Movies, TV shows, papers you prefer, you name it. All can be downloaded onto a tablet and brought on board, or to the United Club. Easier to meet your needs and desires than wait for someone else to meet them.
True, but in my view, UA should offer newspapers in the Polaris Club. This is certainly the case in other parts of the world.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by marcusf
I also like to pick up local newspapers or USA Today to pass the time in flight
This thinking from pax is probably why we can't have nice things -- just like people taking food from the club "for the flight".
Old Sep 15, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by marcusf
While I do read The WSJ, I also like to pick up local newspapers or USA Today to pass the time in flight. I have already seen every movie offered, why can't they refresh the entertainment more often. It seem the same movie selections last for months.
Well, just about every store in the airport has USA Today......
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:06 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Well, just about every store in the airport has USA Today......
Right. Well, just about every airport has restaurants and carryout food. Why bother providing meals on the plane then?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Right. Well, just about every airport has restaurants and carryout food. Why bother providing meals on the plane then?
Or provide food and drinks in the UA lounge.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Days of complimentary Wall Street Journals over at EWR?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by manstein58
Days of complimentary Wall Street Journals over at EWR?
I reported this a few days ago after visiting a UC at ORD but did not know if it was a one time off. I did not ask the agent but obviously I should have done it.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I reported this a few days ago after visiting a UC at ORD but did not know if it was a one time off. I did not ask the agent but obviously I should have done it.
I missed your report about ORD, but the newspapers were absent on Sunday (23rd) morning at ORD B6 (didn't go to other clubs). Sometimes on Sunday they have depleted the weekend edition supply, so I was hoping it was just that but was apprehensive it might be systemic.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
I missed your report about ORD, but the newspapers were absent on Sunday (23rd) morning at ORD B6 (didn't go to other clubs). Sometimes on Sunday they have depleted the weekend edition supply, so I was hoping it was just that but was apprehensive it might be systemic.
I have to admit that I reported it too obliquely in the thread about the price increase for the UC membership. I mentioned that the newspaper display was gone at the F8 ORD UC. But I had a senior moment and could not remember the word "display" so my description was rather weird: "the equipment where the newspapers used to be presented".

At what time did you leave the ORD B6 UC on Sunday? My wife and I arrived there at about noon. Being a Sunday I did not expect any newspapers to be left but there too the newspapers display was gone.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I have to admit that I reported it too obliquely in the thread about the price increase for the UC membership. I mentioned that the newspaper display was gone at the F8 ORD UC. But I had a senior moment and could not remember the word "display" so my description was rather weird: "the equipment where the newspapers used to be presented".

At what time did you leave the ORD B6 UC on Sunday? My wife and I arrived there at about noon. Being a Sunday I did not expect any newspapers to be left but there too the newspapers display was gone.
Probably that or one of the other UC threads is actually a better place for this discussion.

I was there very early after a redeye, about 5a. I was thinking the stands were gone as well, and now I read that you saw the same in the other club. So perhaps, unfortunately, it does mean the newspapers are completely gone.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA GS & 3MM, HHONORS Diamond
...and the newspapers in the UC are gone again. No WSJ at EWR or FLL. The staff said they were there before but "not anymore."

Last edited by nntman; Jun 26, 2019 at 5:27 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by nntman
...and the newspapers in the UC are gone again. No WSJ at EWR or FLL. The staff said they were there before but "not anymore."
And the WSJ disappeared from ORD too. The stands where they were presented are gone too. Just when UA announced a price increase for the UC membership......
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by nntman
Pathetic.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
All gone from the UC in PDX. Front desk staff told me it was corporate decision. There are 2-3 Oregonians still being delivered apparently, until the contract runs out. Yet another reason why I won't be renewing my UC membership. United, you just keep making this decision easier and easier...
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
They don't!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.