Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No more local & now no more papers in UC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more local & now no more papers in UC?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just how low can this airline go?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by Kacee
Just how low can this airline go?
That is a very dangerous question.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA Silver
No papers at SNA today. The rack holding the papers is gone too. Maybe next year they will remove all food and beverages from the clubs and increase the annual fee to $999. That should fix the overcrowding problem once and for all.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by nntman
...and the newspapers in the UC are gone again. No WSJ at EWR or FLL. The staff said they were there before but "not anymore."
At LAX, I haven’t seen a stack of WSJs since last week.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
No racks/WSJ at Denver East on 6/22; I asked at the desk and was told "no more newspapers." Feh!
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
The dumbing down of UA and forcing it on UA's passengers continues. Keep the planes so dark you can't read on them and now, just to make doubly sure, remove all newspapers as well.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 1K
Just chatted with the agent at ORD B16 club. She confirmed the papers and magazines are gone. Reason, US thinks customers prefer to read online. She suggested writing in to complain.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by cranky1K
Just chatted with the agent at ORD B16 club. She confirmed the papers and magazines are gone. Reason, US thinks customers prefer to read online. She suggested writing in to complain.
Wrote a note to the Global Services line asking when enough is enough with respect to cost cutting
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:28 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
At LAX, I haven’t seen a stack of WSJs since last week.
Ditto. They went away about 2 weeks ago. I'd be waiting for the pay toilets if United hadn't already promised to revoke my access on November 1, after which I will join the ranks of ex-Lifetime Members.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Moving back to North America I’m going to miss picking up a Financial Times at the LH/LX lounges
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess it comes down to whether you want dead sausage egg scramble or a newspaper.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As recently as last Saturday the Economist was the the racks. Are they now gone?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nsx
Ditto. They went away about 2 weeks ago. I'd be waiting for the pay toilets if United hadn't already promised to revoke my access on November 1, after which I will join the ranks of ex-Lifetime Members.
No worries, they will let us pay in miles. 1000 miles for #1 , 5000 miles for #2 (and another 100 per square of TP).
Originally Posted by milepig
As recently as last Saturday the Economist was the the racks. Are they now gone?
As I understand it, even the racks are gone.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:11 pm

Newspapers are dirty, get ink all over your hands/clothes and at best contain old news. The world has moved on... do you still use Betamax tapes at home?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Newspapers are dirty, get ink all over your hands/clothes and at best contain old news. The world has moved on... do you still use Betamax tapes at home?
No offense, but this is not at all a useful comment. United raised club rates, and now expect their members to pay for previously provided items? They don’t just appear free on your device in full, FYI. It’s simply shifting the cost burden to their customers. Another reason my Club Card is history.

Last edited by BOSskier; Jun 27, 2019 at 9:04 pm Reason: Word choice matters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.