Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New and extensive survey from UA about F&B at the United Clubs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!

Just received and filled out (took a while) a rather extensive survey about the food and beverage options at the United Clubs and my own preferences regarding consumption of food and beverages when traveling. I guess UA is seeking input - hopefully they will actually pay attention to feedback from their customers. I'm a United Club member.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Got this too - haven't had a chance to take it and post about it yet, but will do so now and give them honest feedback. I personally like the touch they did at IAH C-North for the Super Bowl with the little hot dog rotisserie thing they put out - but they could do more substantial food like that more often imo.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
I received it also - I think it's the most elaborate survey I've ever received from UA.

I gave them quite a few "dissatisfied" answers.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by greg99
I received it also - I think it's the most elaborate survey I've ever received from UA.

I gave them quite a few "dissatisfied" answers.
I was waiting for the "free comment" box... but there wasn't one.

I hope they don't interpret my "dissatisfied" with the hot food options as saying they should remove them as an "enhancement". I want more options, not less.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by chermorg
I was waiting for the "free comment" box... but there wasn't one.

I hope they don't interpret my "dissatisfied" with the hot food options as saying they should remove them as an "enhancement". I want more options, not less.
Yea, that was the only problem with the survey: no place to write your own comments or provide clarification on your responses.
chermorg and CappuccinoAddict like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Yea, that was the only problem with the survey: no place to write your own comments or provide clarification on your responses.
To be quite honest, I am worried they will use dissatisfaction with hot/cold food items to further limit them.. and spin it as "we are ensuring the quality of our food options by focusing on a smaller number of them."

Who knows, maybe they'll put out sliders or something? I doubt they'll do so in time for upcoming flights to affect me :P
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:24 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I thought the survey would never end...
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:32 pm

Got this as well. Unfortunately I feel like this is a "what can we cut" type survey rather than "what can we add"
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chermorg
To be quite honest, I am worried they will use dissatisfaction with hot/cold food items to further limit them.. and spin it as "we are ensuring the quality of our food options by focusing on a smaller number of them."
On the flip side, I'm not in favor of expanding items, in my opinion, that justifies a higher membership cost.....
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
To be honest, I think the UA clubs have gotten better and better over the last few years. Not sure what the dissatisfaction is really about!
tryathlete and st530 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Also received it and also thought it would never end (it actually took most of my club visit to complete)

Thought it was odd (and more likely a what can we cut) based on the questions --eg hot food, food "like sandwiches" that I've never seen a club were asked as if they were something I could currently get and rate my experience on.

Likewise questions about bringing outside food -- I thought iutsode F&B was prohibited (or at least could swear I've seen signs to that effect) made me think 'everyone says they just being their own food so we don't need to provide (any quality vairett)' is a viable outcome from the survey.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Likewise questions about bringing outside food -- I thought iutsode F&B was prohibited (or at least could swear I've seen signs to that effect) made me think 'everyone says they just being their own food so we don't need to provide (any quality vairett)' is a viable outcome from the survey.

Urgghh!

I can already see it:
"United will discontinue -beginning May 1- all food and beverage items offered in our clubs at all airports so that our customers have the option to purchase these items at the available OTG facilities, and such items may be brought into the club from that date forward.
This enhancement reflects United's continued commitment to provide the best experience for our customers and is based on feedback we received on our extensive F&B survey."
Dublin_rfk, chermorg and Xyzzy like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Just saw the email with the survey. Thanks for the heads-up on length and lack of free comment boxes.

Okay, here we go...
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I thought the survey would never end...
For me it never did end - After 20 screens I gave up and quit
Dublin_rfk, Starman and choch345 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Also received it and also thought it would never end (it actually took most of my club visit to complete)

Thought it was odd (and more likely a what can we cut) based on the questions --eg hot food, food "like sandwiches" that I've never seen a club were asked as if they were something I could currently get and rate my experience on.

outside food?
if I have to bring outside food, what’s the point of the club? I can take a table in a restaurant and eat a meal if there’s nothing offered at the club—that’s how I justify asking my employer to pay for the club. Sure— wifi, charging ports, comfy chairs—worth something. Lately with Mr. Kirby at the helm, I don’t see surveys designed to enhance squat. It’s all about the race to cost cutting and the proverbial bottom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.