Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Cape Air (9K) - Earning miles, booking awards, elite benefits, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Cape Air (9K)
Hyannis Air Service, Inc., operating as Cape Air, is an airline headquartered at Barnstable Municipal Airport in Barnstable, Massachusetts, United States. It operates scheduled passenger services in the Northeast, the Caribbean, Midwest, Eastern Montana and Micronesia. Flights in Micronesia are operated as United Express flights through a codeshare partnership with United Airlines. Flights between Hyannis and Nantucket, Massachusetts, are operated under the Nantucket Airlines brand, also operated by Hyannis Air Service, Inc
Cape Air UA MP earning

Cape Air awards are available via UA MP award booking tool
Print Wikipost

Cape Air (9K) - Earning miles, booking awards, elite benefits, ....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
And of course, the empty FO seat should only be available on the much smaller 9K-painted Cessna 402s (8 seats + cockpit) and not the ATRs (about 42 seats).
Ha, true. You get both a co-pilot AND a flight attendant on the ATRs.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mherdeg
My understanding is that if you're the first to board and ask nicely, it amounts to an opportunity to ride in the cockpit.
Not really a cockpit on the Cessnas. More like a frontseat. And it is fun looking out the front windshield and watching the pilot push all those buttons and turning those knobs.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 1:26 am
Used to be FlyingMedallionDL

Programs: DL PM, Delta Reserve and 1.2 MM
United Connection to Lebanon, NH (LEB) on Cape Air

Hi all,

I'm thinking about switching to UA as an unhappy flyer on DL for almost 20 years. I also will be relocating to New Hampshire and it seems that UA can interline with Cape Air in BOS much easier than DL. UA.com also lets me purchase the Cape Air tickets! I'm from Los Angeles, so I'll be flying LEB-BOS-LAX-BOS-LEB on UA. what is the transfer like? how is that flight?

If I'm a United ClubCard holder, will Cape Air waive the fee for bags when I check in for my LEB-BOS-LAX trip? How about if I'm Platinum Elite?
Their website only gives fees for regular passengers on legacy connections.

i assume LEB is a really, really small airport. How much is parking at LEB? Their website is not very informative on parking. I did find a post saying its free but that was 3 years ago. I prefer not to take the Dartmouth coach to BOS or drive ~80 miles to Manchester, NH (MHT).

Thanks! Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 6:18 am

Programs: ua 1k
parking was free last time i was there.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
So if you fly on a codeshare how long does it take for these points to post.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by vandesa
So if you fly on a codeshare how long does it take for these points to post.
IME a week or more. Rumor in Hyannis is that the Cape Air reporting involves email and an Excel file.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
I sat in the FO seat on the Cessna a couple weeks ago, complete with rudder and yoke. She didn't need help flying.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
Originally Posted by kenn0223
IME a week or more. Rumor in Hyannis is that the Cape Air reporting involves email and an Excel file.
1 am going now on 11 days since my outbound flight. It has not posted. I guess I wait until 14 and then post it as missing.

It was a UA flight number codeshare, so I assume I should get points.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vandesa
1 am going now on 11 days since my outbound flight. It has not posted. I guess I wait until 14 and then post it as missing.

It was a UA flight number codeshare, so I assume I should get points.
According to this, if it is coded as a UA flight in a W or above fare you should get at least %100 mileage.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Baze
According to this, if it is coded as a UA flight in a W or above fare you should get at least %100 mileage.
That same page says:

Codeshare: United Airlines® flight numbers UA 5085-5122 are operated by Cape Air.

Destinations: From San Juan, Puerto Rico, (SJU) to destinations in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean.

I just double checked my recent ITIN, and my BOS-LEB flight is coded as a Cape Air flight and has only a Cape Air Flight number, even though purchased through UA. So, my reading is no miles.

But, the flight was a blast.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Award seats -- still no?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...-nonsense.html

Above is a link back to goold ol' Continental forum when I was trying to book award travel on Cape Air.

Trying again now as United to book CLE -SJU -EIS for 2014 I still get the same error ... can't search for award tickets. (Flight cost is $1,700 in coach .. so wouldn't mind burning miles)

Is it worth me trying again to find out if mileage tickets are available or should I just assum "no" and move on?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:59 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...-nonsense.html

Above is a link back to goold ol' Continental forum when I was trying to book award travel on Cape Air.

Trying again now as United to book CLE -SJU -EIS for 2014 I still get the same error ... can't search for award tickets. (Flight cost is $1,700 in coach .. so wouldn't mind burning miles)

Is it worth me trying again to find out if mileage tickets are available or should I just assum "no" and move on?
perhaps review Cape Air
Using miles

See our award chart to find out how many miles you'll need, depending on class of service and region of travel.
You can use miles to fly one-way or roundtrip.

You can book award travel on Cape Air through united.com. Please note: Service charges may apply for booking or changing award reservations, depending on ticketing and travel dates and MileagePlus status. Award tickets cannot be issued at the airport. To contact United Reservations within the United States or Canada, call 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) or view more contact and language options.
no guarantee the website works but clearly the possibility of award flights exist (on your preferred dates is a separate issue)
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by mherdeg
My understanding is that if you're the first to board and ask nicely, it amounts to an opportunity to ride in the cockpit.
If true, I just got 2x more excited about my upcoming trip to STT... (is that sad?).
Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Does anyone have experience with these 500 mile minimums recently? I'm wondering if it will post automatically or end up being a bit more challenging to get credit...

(UA codeshare flight; booked on .bomb in an eligible fareclass)
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA: Platinum, Marriott: Platinum
Connecting from Cape Air to United at BOS

I apologize if this has been asked before. I did search the forum and couldn't find an answer specific to my question. If I missed it, feel free to post the link.

I'm planning to book a MVY-BOS-SFO itinerary for next month that involves connecting from Cape Air to UA. What does this entail? The layover is about two hours. Will I need to re-clear TSA? How about checked bags?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.