Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Routes featuring the B763 Polaris seats

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I have 2.5 hours in Chicago until I continue onto LAX. I assume I get full access to the Polaris Lounge?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I have 2.5 hours in Chicago until I continue onto LAX. I assume I get full access to the Polaris Lounge?
Yes
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lt Plt
I just flew last week IAD-BCN on the new 763 polaris seat. They swap to this aircraft 24-48hrs prior to departure, noticed at the time of check-in.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Is there anything on this route that a non-seasoned Star Alliance flyer should know flying out of AMS? For example someone mentioned ask for the mattress pad right away. Is there anything else one should be aware to take advantage of?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
To confirm: Yes, 763s have air vents, new Polaris config and old config, including the center seats. 764s (all pmCO) do not (neither do the pmCO 777s). I don’t know what CO’s problem was with air vents, but I’m glad that is one thing that didn’t survive the merger,

Individual air vents cost money. Hence, you don't find them on pmCO 764 and 777.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
I don’t know what CO’s problem was with air vents, but I’m glad that is one thing that didn’t survive the merger,
On the flights with the pmCO 77Y I always assumed that, because they normally set the temperature to what feels like <60°F, they didn't need them.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by narvik
On the flights with the pmCO 77Y I always assumed that, because they normally set the temperature to what feels like <60°F, they didn't need them.
I happily take the refrigerated cabin over, say, TK's sauna.
jasonp622 and Aussienarelle like this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:32 pm

what are the next 763 routes to get Polaris seats?

On United’s Polaris tracker it says they are rolling out a new retrofitted 763 every 10 days. Is there anyway to know which routes the new retrofits will be assigned to? I’m booked IAD to GRU on 8/21 and although seating chart says it’s the old seating...i’m hoping for a last minute surprise of a retrofitted plane...

thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I wish you luck...

Originally Posted by edcarpdc
On United’s Polaris tracker it says they are rolling out a new retrofitted 763 every 10 days. Is there anyway to know which routes the new retrofits will be assigned to? I’m booked IAD to GRU on 8/21 and although seating chart says it’s the old seating...i’m hoping for a last minute surprise of a retrofitted plane...

thanks.
as I'll be on that flight on 9/17!

Hopefully a better outcome than our IAD-GVA flight on 7/1. Swapped to new configuration about 48 hours out, so I chose what I believed to be the best pair of seats (traveling with Ms. Portolan). Then as we were enroute to the airport I received an update...back to an old configured plane. Of course at that point we had mismatched seats but then so did most of the cabin so lots of on-board swapping mostly straightened things out. Lesson learned. If I see a swap on 861, I'll try to pick seats which will revert back more easily.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Portolan
I'll try to pick seats which will revert back more easily.
There are no such seats. Just pick the best seats that you can get at the time. From multiple reports on the Polaris seat swapping thread, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the process.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: LH Sen, IHG Spire Ambassador, UA 1K

thanks.
Hello to the forum. I have not used Flertalk that frequent in the past time as i was based in Germany and was more linked to german forum Vielfliegertreff instead.
Now am living in Coral Springs US and since about beginning of this year am more using UA very much frequently, not to say exclusive on all my domestic and South America travels. So am going to be a little more present here around the UA forum. Looking forward !

As per UA there is almost no communication as to when they will officially start selling and serving any seats to LIM, GRU, EZE, SCL etc.
in premium plus ( unfortunately my company doesn't consider business travel for SA destinations ).
Randomly depending on route and used aircraft you might be lucky ending up in Polaris or even the new PP seats.
As part of the lottery i was using the following UA page for tracking updates or to see which aircrafts are in mod status.
Secondary to that i was using the pages of flightradar24 and searching the history of a given flight.
That will tell you the aircrafts used by registration so you know if it was a modified plane or not.
On that same page you also will see typically a 2 or 3 day forecast of which aircraft by registration is allocated to fly next on your route,
so you may have a better estimate in which aircraft you may ending up.
Of course this is extendable to any globbal flight - as said i used this for tracking PP on flights to SA.
Hope this is useful for those of you which may have an interest.

https://sites.google.com/site/united...polaris-update

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ua847

Wishing everyone a nice day.

Henry
Old Aug 5, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
On the morning EWR-LHR in late August & still showing the non-Polarized 763 configuration. Does it make sense that they will save this non-redeye flight for last to assign Polarized, since not a "sleeping" flight?
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by physioprof
On the morning EWR-LHR in late August & still showing the non-Polarized 763 configuration. Does it make sense that they will save this non-redeye flight for last to assign Polarized, since not a "sleeping" flight?
If it's last, it won't be because it's not a red-eye; it'll be because that's how the schedule worked out in terms of needing the planes to be in whatever places they need to be in order to make the overall schedule work. They're not optimizing at that low of a level.
physioprof likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: BA, VS
Originally Posted by jsloan
If it's last, it won't be because it's not a red-eye; it'll be because that's how the schedule worked out in terms of needing the planes to be in whatever places they need to be in order to make the overall schedule work. They're not optimizing at that low of a level.
The LHR flights seem to be used quite regularly to get a frame from EWR to ORD, so at the moment the allocation of Polaris or non-Polaris on both routes seems to be quite fluid.
jsloan and physioprof like this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:35 am

On United’s Polaris tracker it says they are rolling out a new retrofitted 763 every 10 days.
That’s not what it says. It says they are rolling out a Polaris plane (either new build or retrofit, of any widebody type) an average of once every 10 days. It’s not 767-specific, and it’s also not an exact once-per-10-days schedule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.