Routes featuring the B763 Polaris seats

Old Feb 9, 18, 9:44 am
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 10,016
Routes featuring the B763 Polaris seats

Sofar 4 converted 763s rejoined the fleet. It would be great to know some routes, which might get the new configuration on a regular basis.

The Polaris tracker website currently shows ORD/EWR/IAH - Europe.
Polaris Tracker - Mobile

Meanwhile, I have found IAD-ZRH operating this a/c like every other day over the last couple of weeks.
cesco.g is offline  
Old Feb 9, 18, 11:12 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, NY
Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Posts: 7,520
This is about the best you'll be able to do:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n644ua
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n648ua
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n649ua
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n656ua

and at HKG, to emerge over the next few weeks:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n643ua
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n646ua
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n655ua

United isn't dedicating any aircraft to specific routes at the moment, and the 76As (designation for Polaris-equipped 763ER) are flowing throughout the 763 network.
AceReport likes this.
EWR764 is offline  
Old Feb 9, 18, 12:16 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 10,016
Thanks for the links, EWR764!
Over the last few days: EWR/IAD-AMS/GVA/MUC/ZRH vv seem to be getting the 76A a few times.
cesco.g is offline  
Old Feb 9, 18, 1:05 pm
  #4  
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Posts: 50,459
The UA Polaris tracker seems to suggest (once UA has a critical mass) EWR/ORD/IAH to Europe & IAH to deep south America with be the initial standard routes for the Polaris converted 763s.
WineCountryUA is offline  
Old Feb 9, 18, 2:09 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, NY
Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Posts: 7,520
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
The UA Polaris tracker seems to suggest (once UA has a critical mass) EWR/ORD/IAH to Europe & IAH to deep south America with be the initial standard routes for the Polaris converted 763s.
I think you'd find that the foregoing is pretty much the extent of United's 767-300ER flying, aside from some domestic positioning flights.
EWR764 is offline  
Old Feb 9, 18, 2:43 pm
  #6  
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Posts: 50,459
Originally Posted by EWR764 View Post
I think you'd find that the foregoing is pretty much the extent of United's 767-300ER flying, aside from some domestic positioning flights.
True, I guess the other way of saying it, it does not appears the new 763s will venture away for the present 763 routes. More of an aircraft /route upgrade vs new routes. In my mind, was replying to what seemed like folks were hoping for extensions to new routes.
WineCountryUA is offline  
Old Feb 9, 18, 5:17 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Platinum-Bonvoyage, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,187
My 90 minute early morning flight from BOS to IAD on Jan 28 was switched from a 739 to the Polaris 763. Both Y and C cabins were quite empty, as they had been on the original 739. The 739 pilot sat behind me, now a passenger since he could not fly this plane. For the short flight, the seating seemed nice enough but my knees still hurt a bit from the tray table continuously flying out from under the screen during takeoff.
LarryU is offline  
Old Feb 9, 18, 6:59 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: SAN
Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Posts: 2,361
For my flight in June LHR-SFO, I believe it is the B763 with Polaris seating - or at least that is what the seat map shows. I will be slumming it in Y (unless the GPU comes through)
Aussienarelle is offline  
Old Feb 9, 18, 7:35 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NYC (Primarily EWR)
Programs: UA 1K / *G; Marriott Bonvoy Gold; ALL Gold; Hertz PC
Posts: 7,201
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle View Post
For my flight in June LHR-SFO, I believe it is the B763 with Polaris seating - or at least that is what the seat map shows. I will be slumming it in Y (unless the GPU comes through)
Pretty sure that's the 77W, in which case you will definitely be slumming it if you end up in Y...
Aussienarelle likes this.
PsiFighter37 is offline  
Old Feb 9, 18, 7:45 pm
  #10  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Programs: UA 1K .97MM, IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Posts: 51,211
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post
Pretty sure that's the 77W, in which case you will definitely be slumming it if you end up in Y...
true - too bad Boeing didnít design the 777 8-10 inches narrower.
Aussienarelle likes this.
uastarflyer is offline  
Old Feb 9, 18, 8:05 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SFO/SJC
Programs: UA 1K&1.88MM, MR lifetime Gold, HZ PC,
Posts: 1,742
Originally Posted by LarryU View Post
My 90 minute early morning flight from BOS to IAD on Jan 28 was switched from a 739 to the Polaris 763. Both Y and C cabins were quite empty, as they had been on the original 739. The 739 pilot sat behind me, now a passenger since he could not fly this plane. For the short flight, the seating seemed nice enough but my knees still hurt a bit from the tray table continuously flying out from under the screen during takeoff.
I've noticed that they don't appear lock them in properly after cleaning and this happens. Needs a right old whack to get it to properly lock and stay. Flying a newer bird tomorrow, ***40, so hoping that's a resolved issue (hah).
cricketer is offline  
Old Feb 9, 18, 11:55 pm
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 10,016
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
True, I guess the other way of saying it, it does not appears the new 763s will venture away for the present 763 routes. More of an aircraft /route upgrade vs new routes. In my mind, was replying to what seemed like folks were hoping for extensions to new routes.
One interesting question will be, if the 67As - once all 14 are converted - will be dedicated to certain routes or will they be mixed in with the remaining 763s & older sCO seat?
In the case of the 77Ws, the routes where this plane is operating have been specifically pointed out. Personally, I would prefer to see the same for the converted 76As.
cesco.g is offline  
Old Feb 10, 18, 12:12 am
  #13  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 43,894
Originally Posted by cesco.g View Post
One interesting question will be, if the 67As - once all 14 are converted - will be dedicated to certain routes or will they be mixed in with the remaining 763s & older sCO seat?
In the case of the 77Ws, the routes where this plane is operating have been specifically pointed out. Personally, I would prefer to see the same for the converted 76As.
The difference is, the Polaris 763s have exactly the same seat count in J and Y as 2 class 763, so they can be swapped interchangeably. UA can't swap the 77W with any other aircraft without losing at least 10 J seats and 85 Y seats.
Kacee is offline  
Old Feb 10, 18, 4:28 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Outside of Cleveland Ohio
Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 362
Originally Posted by EWR764 View Post
This is about the best you'll be able to do:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n644ua
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n648ua
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n649ua
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n656ua

and at HKG, to emerge over the next few weeks:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n643ua
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n646ua
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n655ua

United isn't dedicating any aircraft to specific routes at the moment, and the 76As (designation for Polaris-equipped 763ER) are flowing throughout the 763 network.
Great info thank you!
AceReport is offline  
Old Feb 10, 18, 11:40 am
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston
Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 11,285
Here's a summary of where they've been the last 2 weeks:

Code:
 origin | destination | flights 
--------+-------------+---------
 SBGL   | KIAH        |       6
 KIAH   | SBGL        |       6
 KIAD   | LSZH        |       5
 LSZH   | KIAD        |       5
 KIAH   | KIAD        |       3
 KEWR   | EGLL        |       3
 EHAM   | KIAD        |       3
 EGLL   | KEWR        |       3
 KIAD   | EHAM        |       3
 KIAD   | KIAH        |       3
 EDDM   | KEWR        |       3
 KEWR   | EDDM        |       3
 KEWR   | LEMD        |       2
 KIAD   | LSGG        |       2
 EDDT   | KEWR        |       2
 KEWR   | EDDT        |       2
 LSGG   | KEWR        |       2
 LEMD   | KEWR        |       2
 KIAH   | KEWR        |       2
 KEWR   | LIMC        |       1
 LSGG   | KIAD        |       1
 KIAH   | SPJC        |       1
 TJSJ   | KEWR        |       1
 KEWR   | KIAD        |       1
 SPJC   | KIAH        |       1
 KEWR   | KIAH        |       1
 KEWR   | LSGG        |       1
 KORD   | KIAH        |       1
 LIMC   | KEWR        |       1
 KIAH   | SCEL        |       1
 KTPA   | KEWR        |       1
 KIAD   | KTPA        |       1
 SCEL   | KIAH        |       1
 KEWR   | TJSJ        |       1
 KEWR   | EHAM        |       1
 EHAM   | KEWR        |       1
mduell is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: