Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:46 am
RNE

Originally Posted by hokiebuy
Trying to purchase 40K PQMs within 24 hr cancellation period. Any recommendations on which fare class and route to book. Thanks.
I've always had luck with an itin to HKG. Any class.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:03 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The top row is RDMs, once you select an RDM offer, you then can select the corresponding PQM offer (the bottom row). The PQM quantity is the same as the RDM quantity.

So, yes in this case, for $460 you get 4,000 PQMs plus 4,000 RDMs
Wow, 11.5 cents/qualifying mile seems really good considering we are already in December @:-)

I'm guessing ShenW isn't very close to the next status level. Or does not have enough PQDs.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by RNE
I've always had luck with an itin to HKG. Any class.
Thanks! Got offer for 40k miles and 60k miles to HKG and reasonable.
RNE likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
I've booked a couple high cost award ticket (100,000 miles for Guam to Australia/NZ(Queenstown) in first on outbound, biz on return) and am getting high value RDM/PQM offers for pretty low rates.

The smallest offer I have is tied to a ticket I just booked an hour ago, 17,500 RDM for $350 and turn them into PQM for $1,400 which comes out to 2 cents per RDM and 8 per PQM. That trip has an additional offer for 35,000 miles at the same rates. I also have offers on a second itinerary with offers of 40,000 and 20,000 for rates of 2 cents per RDM and 9 per PQM.

Good muck making your end of year goals!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis First, UA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Need 1000 PQM

I need 700 PQM - what is the lowest I can get it for.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sidharth134
I need 700 PQM - what is the lowest I can get it for.
Offers depend on the individual. Both the quantity offered and the process, so no one can tell you what to expect. For this small amount, suggest doing a dummy one-way sub-500 mile booking (like AUs-IAH or SFO-LAX) and see what you are offered. Cancel the booking within the 24 hours cancel free window,

See Consolidated Award / Premier Accelerator questions's wiki (top post) for more suggestions.
RNE likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: MileagePlus
I need 1,003 PQM to become Gold. I bought a dummy one-way IAD-EWR and bought 2000 PQM accelerator. I couldn't cancel it online (even it is within the 24 hours cancel free window) so I called the premier desk and was told that I would have to cancel and get the refund for the flight along with the PQM that I bought. There's no option to keep the PQM and cancel the flight. So I just canceled the whole thing and now waiting to see if it's really true that they gonna cancel and refund the PQM accelerator. Anyone encountered this problem before? I'd appreciate any advice. Thank you.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kunpoe
I need 1,003 PQM to become Gold. I bought a dummy one-way IAD-EWR and bought 2000 PQM accelerator. I couldn't cancel it online (even it is within the 24 hours cancel free window) so I called the premier desk and was told that I would have to cancel and get the refund for the flight along with the PQM that I bought. There's no option to keep the PQM and cancel the flight. ....
Agent was WRONG. Once the Premier Accelerator PQMs have been purchased, they are non-refundable even if the air travel / ticket is canceled.
narvik and kunpoe like this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: MileagePlus
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Agent was WRONG. Once the Premier Accelerator PQMs have been purchased, they are non-refundable even if the air travel / ticket is canceled.
Thank you for your reply. That's what I read on the mileageplus FAQ, too. And so far, they haven't taken back the miles nor refunded my flight so I should be good. Cheers.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by kunpoe
Thank you for your reply. That's what I read on the mileageplus FAQ, too. And so far, they haven't taken back the miles nor refunded my flight so I should be good. Cheers.
If you want some giggles you should try seeking a refund of the PQMs!
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:14 am

Any options for 1000 PQMs?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM
Need 5,100 for 1k out of EWR

My wife needs 5,100 PQMs for 1k. Any suggestions? I want to try the dummy one way but not sure which route to book to ensure that she gets offered 6,000 PQMs. Thanks.

Last edited by Nesta; Dec 18, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Nesta
My wife needs 5,100 PQMs for 1k. Any suggestions? I want to try the dummy one way but not sure which route to book to ensure that she gets offered 6,000 PQMs. Thanks.
You will have to play around a bit -- see this wiki for suggestions

You don't need to purchase to see the options, they will show up on the "United Travel Options" page before purchasing
Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
Help- Only need 700 PQM

I'm new to this forum and have found very helpful posts on here. I only need 700 PQM to maintain Silver status. I've tried to book a dummy flight (tried many short one-way options) and the smallest Award Accelerator/Premier Accelerator offers are for 5K RDM +5K PQM for $575.

I really don't want to spend this much as I only need 700 PQMs and I don't have time to fly before end of the year.

Do I have any other options? Thanks for your help!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
It seems like the offers are completely random . Yesterday, I was being offered 11k miles (RDM & PQM) for ~$1565 or 9k for ~250 less. Today I log into my account and click the same flight itinerary (I'm flying BUR-SFO-ORD) and I'm now getting offered 15k miles for almost $3720 + $300 for the RDMs.

I need ~9541 PQM to retain 1K and don't think I have the strength or time to do a MR. Any recommendations? I already have a January booking to go to ATL and through that, I get offers for 6k or 8k miles at $3000 and $2250 respectively! That's a HUGE difference from what it was yesterday. Almost wish I would have just bought the 11k miles. I was hoping a 10k offer would show up

Any suggestions?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 19, 2018 at 10:57 am Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.