Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2018]

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I booked 1 paid and 3 award flights yesterday and all four accelerator offers were for 2.5 cpm. Blech! Had I seen the .9 cpm offers, I'd been a buyer.

For example, paid flight is offering 11,000 miles for $275 or 9,000 miles for $225. Ugh
Old May 20, 2018, 11:11 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I booked 1 paid and 3 award flights yesterday and all four accelerator offers were for 2.5 cpm. Blech! Had I seen the .9 cpm offers, I'd been a buyer. ....
Not likely to every see sub-1 cpm, best numbers have been in the sub-2 cpm range (such as 1.9) for RDMs
Old Jun 24, 2018, 5:40 am

3900 for 30000 PQM..
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC

This is my latest offer for next week:
Old Jul 24, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
2.5 cents per RDM and 11 cents additional per PQM. I've already made 1K for 2019.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:17 am

Programs: UA
1K, trying to maintain.

For whatever reason, none of the flights I'm booked for are offering me Premier Accelerator options, only award accelerator, and I can't seem to find out what defines 'eligible flights'. (I've been doing a lot of domestic transcontinental recently, but have a flight to Germany booked as well).

I have been given an option on my homepage on the advertising banner to outright buy without flight, they're looking at about 18cpm, which seems unattractive. However, do the spends on that also count as PQD? Maybe I need to pay a quick visit to Australia instead...
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, California_Tanker

Originally Posted by California_Tanker
... For whatever reason, none of the flights I'm booked for are offering me Premier Accelerator options, only award accelerator, and I can't seem to find out what defines 'eligible flights'.
You have to select an AwardAccelerator option first. See image a couple of posts back.

I have been given an option on my homepage on the advertising banner to outright buy without flight, they're looking at about 18cpm, which seems unattractive. However, do the spends on that also count as PQD? .....
Yes, that is another approach and generally more expensive. Neither approach counts for PQDs.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 25, 2018 at 12:20 pm
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Whats a good deal these days for buying miles?

I haven't bought miles in years.... I happened to look at a recent offer and it was 45,000 for $900. Not quite what I would consider a great deal.... .

What's considered a great deal these days?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, CM PP
Originally Posted by avi8tir
I haven't bought miles in years.... I happened to look at a recent offer and it was 45,000 for $900. Not quite what I would consider a great deal.... .

What's considered a great deal these days?
I'm no expert on the matter, but at .02/mile that seems to be about as good a deal as I see. And typically my maximum target redemption value.
In other words, a fair offer but not enough to make me bite.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:45 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
The buy extra miles (has its own thread) when you purchase a ticket either with miles or dollars is / was running around 1.7 or 1.8 cents per mile IIRC. That seems to be the consensus on this board. And no, you don't actually have to fly, you can cancel the ticket for free within 24 hour.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile "Eligible" means flights booked w/ United

1K, trying to maintain.

For whatever reason, none of the flights I'm booked for are offering me Premier Accelerator options, only award accelerator, and I can't seem to find out what defines 'eligible flights'. (I've been doing a lot of domestic transcontinental recently, but have a flight to Germany booked as well).

I have been given an option on my homepage on the advertising banner to outright buy without flight, they're looking at about 18cpm, which seems unattractive. However, do the spends on that also count as PQD? Maybe I need to pay a quick visit to Australia instead...
California Tank: I purchased some PQMs last night and took the time to read the T&Cs for the PQM Accelerator and noted that "eligible" means tickets purchased from United. So if you have an non-UA international flight that was NOT purchased from United, you likely won't be able to purchase PQMs.

I purchased 14,000 Accelerator RDMs and PQMs last night. RDMs = $280 ($.02/Mile) PQM = $1,540 ($.11/Mile) all in = $1,820. Oh the cost of maintaining 1K !

Last edited by gpicur; Aug 25, 2018 at 6:51 am Reason: Missing Text
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
At the end of the trip I’m currently traveling on I will be at 95,000 PQM exactly. I will be taking some island hopper flights in Y at the end of September and would really like to get instant upgrades into the P fare class. With that, and the fact that I would hit 100,000 exactly, I could justify spending $500 on 5000 PQMs. Problem is, when I look at premier accelerator options at the page before you actually pay for a selected itinerary, all I’m seeing are options for either 2k, 4k, 6k, 9k, 10k, or 15k. The itinerary I’m on right now offers me 14k and 21k. I know I’ve had a previous itinerary offer me exactly 5k but I only saw that amount after the itinerary was booked. For the record, I’ve looked at the “mystatus” united page where you can buy increments of 1k PQMs without RDMs but the rates are stupid, $.24 per PQM.

Does anyone have an offer of 5k PQMs tied to an itinerary and if so, what are the itinerary details?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Cool

Originally Posted by therossinator
At the end of the trip I’m currently traveling on I will be at 95,000 PQM exactly. I will be taking some island hopper flights in Y at the end of September and would really like to get instant upgrades into the P fare class. With that, and the fact that I would hit 100,000 exactly, I could justify spending $500 on 5000 PQMs. Problem is, when I look at premier accelerator options at the page before you actually pay for a selected itinerary, all I’m seeing are options for either 2k, 4k, 6k, 9k, 10k, or 15k. The itinerary I’m on right now offers me 14k and 21k. I know I’ve had a previous itinerary offer me exactly 5k but I only saw that amount after the itinerary was booked. For the record, I’ve looked at the “mystatus” united page where you can buy increments of 1k PQMs without RDMs but the rates are stupid, $.24 per PQM.

Does anyone have an offer of 5k PQMs tied to an itinerary and if so, what are the itinerary details?
I don't think I've ever had an offer for 5k, its mostly as you describe. Look at it this way- buy the 6k offer and you'd only be 49k PQMs away from earning another two GPUs.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by therossinator
....Does anyone have an offer of 5k PQMs tied to an itinerary and if so, what are the itinerary details?
The realities are the offers are at some level "personalized", you may get a different offer (mileage and/or rate) than me for the same itin
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: 1K
Anyone seen 0.12 rates this year? My offers are all 0.20and above. Need 26K to make 1K and looking to do TPAC of 18-20K then buying the remainder....but not at 0.23

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.