Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
Originally Posted by zdog2x
Anyone seen 0.12 rates this year? My offers are all 0.20and above. Need 26K to make 1K and looking to do TPAC of 18-20K then buying the remainder....but not at 0.23
On my quest to 1K I never paid more than 0.11 per PQM this year (plus up to 0.025 per RDM) and I purchased a block of 2,000 to reach platinum and 5,000 to hit 1K. Are you looking at the option to add PQMs during the flight checkout process for a flight? If you purchase them through the mystatus.united.com website the rates are much higher, around 0.20 per PQM, but that "promotion" may have ended.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I have 2 upcoming flights at .12 cpm booked in Aug/Sept STL-DEN and STL-DTW. Last couple of flights I have taken,the cpm dropped to .08 at check in.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: 1K
I was questioning the PQM buy up offers that you get after purchasing an itinerary (was much easier to find the link on the old website). All of those for me are around $0.20 or more. I will keep a closer eye on the offer as I checkin on my upcoming flights. Thx.

Here's the best offer I have on an upcoming itn.

Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Wow.. That is double the price that I am seeing on my last 3 itineraries. I got 10k miles for $800-900
Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Most people I talk to buy their PQMs early in the year when they’re cheaper. Sure, starting out in Jan there’s a lot of time ahead until the end of the year but if historically you’re always short and you want to attain a certain level it’s an approach you may want to consider to save some bucks. You’re almost guaranteed offers at .10 or so, maybe even a fraction less.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Where do I see the Premier Accelerator - At check in? I currently don't see it in my reservation, only Award accelerator..

I have a few flights coming and I think I may be short of gold this year, want to be able to keep selecting my seat at booking in E+
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ilovesprint
Where do I see the Premier Accelerator - At check in? I currently don't see it in my reservation, only Award accelerator.. ...
You are required to purchase Award Accelerator to then be offered the opportunity to purchase Premier Accelerator. So check the Award Accelerator offer and the PremierAccelerator offer will appear.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
What’s best cost per mile offered for Premier Accelerator?

I typically see about 12-15 cents for x000 award miles and same amount of PQMs
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:30 am
RNE

Originally Posted by anandrag
Accelerator PQM prices vary greatly by two primary* factors: person and time of year. Someone near 1K may be charged more than a counterpart near Gold. This is sometimes viewed as "mistreatment" of United's most-loyal customers, however, when the relative worth of achieving 1K vs. Gold is considered it makes sense to some.

As for time of year, October is a tad early for that to be a factor, however December definitely is. To wit, United knows it's increasingly difficult for customers to fly to earn the PQMs they need, so they charge more.

*Other factors may include one's propensity (history) to buy. Eager buyers may be charged more.

RNE, seeing 10k PQMs for 8-cent each, but I'm a lowly Silver nowhere near re-qualifying. United knows I'm unlikely to pay much (if anything) for a PQM.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by anandrag
The only thing I know is that the price increases as the end of the year gets close.

The thread you are looking for is: United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2018]
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
With existing travel I'll be at 92,992PQM by 11/15 - accelerator rates are steady at 12.5 CPM for 6k or 8k. I am somewhat tempted to lock-in 1K for the first time ever, but I don't know if I will have more travel before EOY. Decisions decisions....
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:28 am
RNE

Originally Posted by mtftw
With existing travel I'll be at 92,992PQM by 11/15 - accelerator rates are steady at 12.5 CPM for 6k or 8k. I am somewhat tempted to lock-in 1K for the first time ever, but I don't know if I will have more travel before EOY. Decisions decisions....
You could hedge by buying half the PQMs you need.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
Originally Posted by mtftw
If you have the necessary PQD and do not have a chance to do a Mileage Run go for it. It probably won't get cheaper.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Offered 18k PQMs for $1440. Guess that is 8cents/mile? Is it a good deal by historical standards?

If anyone wants to know this is on IAD-NRT-IAD trip - during middle of trip. Price was much higher few days ago.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:18 am
RNE

Originally Posted by hokiebuy
Offered 18k PQMs for $1440. Guess that is 8cents/mile? Is it a good deal by historical standards?.
That's an excellent price. And at this time of year, it's not likely to go down.
EmailKid likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.