Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Real Premium Economy is Coming [Update: UA studying "Real" Prem Y in domestic market]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
UA has started installing Premium Plus / Premium Economy seats in 772s and 773s. Other long haul aircraft will also be receiving these new seats.
For 77x it is a 2-4-2 (vs economy 3-4-3) with 3 rows - 24 seats
For 76x it is believe it will be 2-2-2 (vs 2-3-2) with 3 rows ( and maybe a partial row) - 22 seats
For 78x it is believed it will be 2-3-2 (vs 3-3-3) with 3 rows - 21 seats

UA has not yet started selling this new cabin but has restructured its fare class -- which appears to be in preparation of selling the new cabin (and removed 3-class F)

In the meantime, the Premium Plus cabin is being treated as an extension of E+ and those with E+ access can select the new seats.
In many cases UA is initially using an interim seat maps, such as https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1926142-interim-772-seat-map-polaris-potentially-premium-economy-2018-a.html
Things start to firm up about 2 days prior but last minute changes can happen

Print Wikipost

Real Premium Economy is Coming [Update: UA studying "Real" Prem Y in domestic market]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by jjmoore
I'm assuming GS will trump all as they will be directed to the PN bucket (regardless of whether booked in PE or Y.....?
While I haven't seen any official communication in that regard, I think that is a good bet.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:23 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
With PE service starting in just over a month, I was wondering If any of the Polaris and PE equipped 772s will be assigned dedicated routes so PE can be offered consistently on these routes as well. While all of the 77W routes (except for a few in the beginning while they finish PE Mods) and the international 78J routes will have PE service live, I have seen very little information about using the Polaris / PE 772s for dedicated routes and am wondering if this will change after 30Mar19, when PE service goes live.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
UA is going to have to have dedicated routes fr this so they can actually sell it.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
UA is going to have to have dedicated routes fr this so they can actually sell it.
Indeed, UA is already selling PE fares on the 772 operated SFO-ICN flights, but not the 789 operated ones.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
Indeed, UA is already selling PE fares on the 772 operated SFO-ICN flights, but not the 789 operated ones.
And UA is not selling PE fares on 772s originating in ORD (or coming back to ORD) even for flights in late summer. However now they show the option of purchasing PE fares on other Star Alliance airlines whereas previously that option did not appear.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:19 pm

agree
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:22 pm

makes sense. my company is the same way but i'm just saying, we're effectively back to a 3 cabin config. which is nice.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As this thread has been superseded by
Premium Plus Fare in GDS (for sale starting 3 Dec 2018, travel after 30 March 2019)
and
Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience
and
How does GPU/ Mileage Upgrade waitlist for business work with PremiumPlus?

Will close this thread and suggest one of the above threads

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Kmxu likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.