FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Real Premium Economy is Coming [Update: UA studying "Real" Prem Y in domestic market] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1889157-real-premium-economy-coming-update-ua-studying-real-prem-y-domestic-market.html)

ual744777sta Jan 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Real Premium Economy is Coming [Update: UA studying "Real" Prem Y in domestic market]

From

aCavalierInCoach Jan 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by ual744777sta (Post 29309396)
From Twitter

Wasn't polaris coming a couple years ago?

tryathlete Jan 18, 2018 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach (Post 29309409)
Wasn't polaris coming a couple years ago?

I write often to a friend at UA and just this morning asked when UA would be matching AA’s PE product. He emailed me a few seconds ago;

Introducing United® Premium Plus
International premium economy is coming.

Later this year, we’ll begin to introduce United’s Premium Plus. Available on select international flights, United® Premium Plus will give you more space, comfort and amenities. The seats will be more spacious and you’ll enjoy upgraded dining on china dinnerware, free alcoholic beverages, a Saks Fifth Avenue blanket and pillow, an amenity kit and more.

Finally there’s a place for my useless GPU’s to be used but unfortunately this probably spells the end of upgrades to C.

chermorg Jan 18, 2018 12:21 pm

Honestly, I like this, but I worry this will go the same way as BE did in that it’ll result in me wanting to pay more for more features again :P

zrs70 Jan 18, 2018 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by tryathlete (Post 29309431)

I write often to a friend at UA and just this morning asked when UA would be matching AA’s PE product. He emailed me a few seconds ago;

Later this year, we’ll begin to introduce United’s Premium Plus. Available on select international flights, United® Premium Plus will give you more space, comfort and amenities. The seats will be more spacious and you’ll enjoy upgraded dining on china dinnerware, free alcoholic beverages, a Saks Fifth Avenue blanket and pillow, an amenity kit and more.

Finally there’s a place for my useless GPU’s to be used but unfortunately this probably spells the end of upgrades to C.

It’s the introduction of business class - all over again!

hughw Jan 18, 2018 12:24 pm

sounds good....I look forward to enjoying it for my wife and my yearly trip to Paris, probably around year 2022.

transportprof Jan 18, 2018 12:28 pm

Maybe they'll just give up on Polaris and move to Premium Plus on some flights? Many flights? Most flights?

fgirard Jan 18, 2018 12:28 pm

Welp, I’m going to guess that cheap P fares on TPACs will no longer book into C, but rather PE.

sbm12 Jan 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by ual744777sta (Post 29309396)
From Twitter

Hehe....he got the tip from me. :p

http://paxex.aero/wp-content/uploads...onomy-seat.jpg

drowelf Jan 18, 2018 12:37 pm

Has there been any official announcement from UA on this? Also with all the Polaris Mods going on fleet wide, how can they manage another line? I'll be very interested to see what routes and planes are slated to get these, if it ever comes true.

ual744777sta Jan 18, 2018 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 29309507)

Yes, thank you. I didn't know your FT handle. All credit goes to sbm12.

airzim Jan 18, 2018 12:41 pm

One positive, is this might allow MP redemption for Premium Econ on other Star Partners, LH, NH, SQ, NZ?

DCA writer Jan 18, 2018 12:42 pm

The estimable sbm12 has a writeup sourcing this news to "what appears to be an internal company memo" and noting that UA is going to have to roll this out quickly, unlike Polaris. (Having a new PE and old C on the same plane would be weird but also seems completely plausible.) No information on pricing or upgrade options. UA Insider, please come to the white courtesy phone...

transportprof Jan 18, 2018 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by airzim (Post 29309527)
One positive, is this might allow MP redemption for Premium Econ on other Star Partners, LH, NH, SQ, NZ?

But what if it is at today's rate for Business class? :eek:

CCIE_Flyer Jan 18, 2018 12:43 pm

The Son of Barcalounger/Skysled!