Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Kacee
I suspect UA is making it deliberately difficult to obtain comp. All they should need is your PNR and MP number

In any event, I would contact UA directly to request the EU261 comp. That's going to be separate from whatever is offered on the customer care website.
Yes, I have no choice now but I thought that I would at least try and do what they say just to see what crumbs they were tossing my way. As you say, they are making it difficult especially as I am also logged in as I am doing it. I can't face giving them a call or writing to them at the moment so will report back later.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Flew UA6008 AUS-IAD yesterday and lunch was listed as meal but nothing was served, just snack basket. FA apologized profusely, offered any of the snack boxes or other for sale items from the back, was given 7,500 miles by 1KVoice
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
A few weeks ago on second leg of connecting flight (ORD-DCA) one of our two RPU-confirmed-in-advance upgrades was downgraded (1K moved to new F seat; companion no coach seat). Flight booked full. Offered $300 downgrade compensation for one person or $300 each to take next flight, with seats for both in F. Took the latter.

(Still a bit puzzled as to how two confirmed seat assignments disappeared, but assume a pair of GSes misconnected or paid for those seats).
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy
(Still a bit puzzled as to how two confirmed seat assignments disappeared, but assume a pair of GSes misconnected or paid for those seats).
Equipment swap?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 7:47 pm

^ Nope. A319 with 8F seats throughout. Had 2EF several days before and checked in to 1E and “check with gate agent”
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, Hertz PC
I had a United flight from SFO to EWR in first class 4 months ago that was delayed 10 hours. How much should I request for compensation, and how much should I expect? Am UA GS.

Delay was due to maintenance, medical emergency, and fire alarm on plane. Maintenance and medical emergency led to boarding and re-boarding, and fire alarm led to landing back in SFO after 30 minutes in-flight. Ultimately led to flight cancellation, and I had to switch to another flight that landed 5am instead of 7pm night prior.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
^ Nope. A319 with 8F seats throughout. Had 2EF several days before and checked in to 1E and “check with gate agent”
Could it have been LEO or FAM?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
Could it have been LEO or FAM?
It's possible, but we had two seats (2E, 2F). I was moved to 1E, which presumably is preferable position for FAM, and companion was seatless. So two LEOs? Maybe a prisoner with LEO? Just seemed more likely a downgrade as as a result of a need to accommodate paying pax.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
It's possible, but we had two seats (2E, 2F). I was moved to 1E, which presumably is preferable position for FAM, and companion was seatless. So two LEOs? Maybe a prisoner with LEO? Just seemed more likely a downgrade as as a result of a need to accommodate paying pax.
GS cannot bump other pax from F. I've never had it happen to me, nor have I heard of it ever being done in other cases. GS are guaranteed a seat in Y on the next flight in case of missed connections, but never in F.

More likely a FAM or dead-heading crew that is required to rest in F (though this one only happens on TCON / TATL / TPAC).
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
$150 ETC for equipment swap from a 787 to a 777-2 (2-2-2 config) from IAH-SFO.

Had burned a RPU to snag a PZ fare for a middle seat on the 787 with direct aisle access for me and person sitting next to me. Equipment malfunction led to plane swap into older 777, put in a seat right next to lavatory and on the side section. Mentioned that I likely would've burned my RPU on another flight had I known the plane would've been swapped.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:46 pm

Flight: UA 5017
Delayed 14 hours for brakes.
No possible reroutes to other airports (BTV,ALB,MHT) (including from DCA/BWI) within a 3 hour drive. Customer Rep tried to put me on Delta and American to no avail.
I was offered $150 ETC online. Based on the spreadsheet linked in the wiki it seems like I should be offered more for a 14 hour overnight mechanical delay. What do people think?

Not trying to pull a fast one on united but if you look at united's recent trips between pbg and dulles they have been tantamount to a bus ride. Multiple cancellations and overnight delays that are not weather related. I have no status with United.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Stranded at Newark last night due to schedule disruptions with crew. Waiting to fly out this morning, 14 hours late.
Already received the email from United Customer Appreciation. Choice of $250 or 12,500 RDMs as 1K.

Last weeks flight was a cluster. Boarded and pushed back twice, then returned to gate both times due to Mechanical problems. Finally arrived just under 3 hours late, which seems to be the magic delay time to activate the appreciation team.

That UAX crew was apologetic, and announced they had contacted United to arrange for some consideration, and that further info would be given by Gate staff in Dayton when we arrived. As expected, nothing either in Dayton nor via email.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
6.5 hour delay on SFO-EWR due to lightning strike, resulting in aircraft swap. 2 pm departure became an involuntary red-eye, with 4:23 a.m. arrival at EWR. About as much fun as a mid-con redeye, and I'm still recovering.

$200 ETC. Seems low compared to the $150 I recently received for dysfunctional wifi SFO-HNL. Win some, lose some.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
United’s comp is a crapshoot, but I’m surprised there’d be comp for a lightning strike.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by joe_miami
United’s comp is a crapshoot, but I’m surprised there’d be comp for a lightning strike.
Aircraft damage is mx. Cause doesn't matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.