FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   United Consolidated Compensation Thread [Archive] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2032636-united-consolidated-compensation-thread-archive.html)

transportprof Jan 3, 2018 11:53 am

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [Archive]

$200 ETC for no food service of any kind on UA396 HNL-SFO. The cabin crew disappeared after takeoff and never served the "Snack" or drinks. I finally rang the call button and got a glass of water. This was the longest UA flight with water-only service that I've ever been on. :)

segiddins Jan 4, 2018 2:01 pm

On a UAX flight from IAD-YYZ on Jan 02, we took an hour mechanical delay after boarding. The door remained open, and ground heat wasn't working. It got very very cold in the F cabin, and blankets weren't offered. Worth writing in for?

Mbcijim10 Jan 5, 2018 1:32 am

JAC-EWR. Traveling with the family. 2 adults, 1 kid, 1 lap infant. We had the whole row reserved in E+. Didn’t preboard. 2 reservations. Me and kid on one, wife on the other. At checkin we add the lap infant to my wife. Didn’t pay much attention to the paper ticket she handed us.

get on plane someone is in my wife’s seat. Strangely, his ticket says her seat number. Mobile boarding (wife’s) says same number. We look at the paper ticket that we got when we added the lap infant -32A.

(P)lane was full, and she ended up in 32A. From paid E+ in a row with her family, to the last row. I paid $90 for the E plus. It was row 11not emergency row.

WineCountryUA Jan 5, 2018 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Mbcijim10 (Post 29252474)
... From paid E+ in a row with her family, to the last row. I paid $90 for the E plus. ....

Certainity deserve a refund of the E+ fees.

krentzie Jan 5, 2018 5:27 am

Surprised at this one.

my wife and 2 kids and I traveling back. 2 of us have 11AB and other 2 have 11 EF. Check in and two seats changed to 9AB for some unknown reason.

board plane and person in 9 switches back for us to where we were supposed to be.

Sent us $200 per person so $800 total for changing the seats.

Bidu Jan 7, 2018 2:28 am

Lax-SIN 18 hours direct flight in Polaris (paid upgrade during OLCI) & no Ua FF: the power, usb, headphone jack not working. Unable to charge my phone to watch UA entertainment apps. FA offered me to move to Y to use IFE.
FA sent $200 travel certificate thru their apps (the max he can do). The guy sits next to me get 10k pts + $200.
can i pursue more thru their website? Since i dont get 10k pts + no entertainment and power during whole flight. UA entertainment apps was keep buffering too.

Flying Machine Jan 7, 2018 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Bidu (Post 29260438)
Lax-SIN 18 hours direct flight in Polaris (paid upgrade during OLCI) & no Ua FF: the power, usb, headphone jack not working. Unable to charge my phone to watch UA entertainment apps. FA offered me to move to Y to use IFE.
FA sent $200 travel certificate thru their apps (the max he can do). The guy sits next to me get 10k pts + $200.
can i pursue more thru their website? Since i dont get 10k pts + no entertainment and power during whole flight. UA entertainment apps was keep buffering too.

No UA FF? That's a lot of mileage whom did you credit to? It wouldn't hurt to send in a brief note to Customer Service via the link online and perhaps they will give additional comp.

Bidu Jan 7, 2018 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 29260964)

No UA FF? That's a lot of mileage whom did you credit to? It wouldn't hurt to send in a brief note to Customer Service via the link online and perhaps they will give additional comp.

i put krisflyer during check-in, doesnt have UA FF.
Okay, i’ll send message to customer service. Thanks!

joe_miami Jan 7, 2018 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by krentzie (Post 29252884)
Surprised at this one.

my wife and 2 kids and I traveling back. 2 of us have 11AB and other 2 have 11 EF. Check in and two seats changed to 9AB for some unknown reason.

board plane and person in 9 switches back for us to where we were supposed to be.

Sent us $200 per person so $800 total for changing the seats.

That's incredible. Sometimes it seems like there's no rhyme or reason to the compensation given.

You wrote in or an FA did this?

jsl42 Jan 7, 2018 1:45 pm

Judgmental Employee Complaint

Purser took my PDB order by asking, “Are you thirsty?” and I asked for a (single) Buffalo Trace on the rocks. He replied, “It doesn’t sound like you’re thirsty, it sounds like you want to get drunk.” I wrote in immediately and the next day received a call from customer care expressing that the employee’s behavior was unacceptable and offering a goodwill gesture of either $200 or 10,000 miles.

joe_miami Jan 7, 2018 2:35 pm

No chance it was tongue-in-cheek?

krentzie Jan 7, 2018 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami (Post 29262292)
That's incredible. Sometimes it seems like there's no rhyme or reason to the compensation given.

You wrote in or an FA did this?

wrote in

djohannw Jan 12, 2018 4:48 am

First ever longer delay due to maintenance coming up - my flight in Polaris is 3:25 late, causing me to miss my connection ultimately getting me in about 5 hours late (if I can get the better routing) or seven hours late (if the automated reprotection prevails). What should I expect as a 1K in such a situation? Lose half a day at my destination due to this...

Greetings - Dirk

gold23 Jan 12, 2018 6:33 am

Sent a note of complaint regarding horrendous, lazy service on EWR-TLV. Dropped silverware, woke up my son to pick it up for her....J bathrooms filthy, purser directed wife to Y bathrooms, saying "this flight always has filthy bathrooms", rolled eyes when we asked for mattress pad, and when questioned why she rolled her eyes, said "you guys read the internet too much".

Anyway, within 5 hours received an apology and $175 ETC per person. Well done, UA.

Kacee Jan 12, 2018 9:28 am

Originally Posted by djohannw (Post 29283107)
First ever longer delay due to maintenance coming up - my flight in Polaris is 3:25 late, causing me to miss my connection ultimately getting me in about 5 hours late (if I can get the better routing) or seven hours late (if the automated reprotection prevails). What should I expect as a 1K in such a situation?

$200 or $300 ETC or equivalent amount of miles. If you want to change your return to make up for the time lost, they will waive the change fee.