Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:31 pm

UA 444
SFO-BOS

Transcon Premium Service

Last edited by jmj10; Jan 16, 2018 at 12:38 pm
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:47 pm

photo keeps getting cut off. Not sure why.
Originally Posted by jmj10
UA 444
SFO-BOS

Transcon Premium Service

Whoops, photo didn't attach.

Salad. Wasn't anything special.

Prosciutto appetizer. Was tasty, but the melon to meat ratio was off.

Warm garlic bread. There was also a cheese roll. Both were excellent and served warm.

Short rib. Everything on the plate was cooked really well, and was tasty and flavorful.

Menu for this month. For some reason it keeps cutting off the bottom and top of the photo.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
What salad dressing was provided?

photo keeps getting cut off. Not sure why.

Whoops, photo didn't attach.

Salad. Wasn't anything special.

Prosciutto appetizer. Was tasty, but the melon to meat ratio was off.

Warm garlic bread. There was also a cheese roll. Both were excellent and served warm.

Short rib. Everything on the plate was cooked really well, and was tasty and flavorful.

Menu for this month. For some reason it keeps cutting off the bottom and top of the photo.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by 764toHI
What salad dressing was provided?
It was a mango balsamic - it actually had pretty good flavor. I expected it to be more bland, to be honest. More of just an olive oil/balsamic mix.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:40 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Only dinner option on the 5:50pm departure DEN-IAD was cheeseburger. "We can get something from the back if you like."

And unlike the old CO cheeseburger, this one was crud. The fake-ciabatta "bun" was too thin and tasteless. The sides were sugary "tropical fruit," a skimpy sliver of cheesecake, and a bag of chips.

I remember when DEN-IAD offered cookies after the main meal.

Breakfast on IAD-DEN was 2 options, at least, though the quality is falling through the toilet. I'm sorry; a thin bun with a sliver of ham and sculpted rubber egg product is not "breakfast" on a 3.5 hour flight.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA
It was a mango balsamic - it actually had pretty good flavor. I expected it to be more bland, to be honest. More of just an olive oil/balsamic mix.
My meal above had a balsamic vinaigrette but it wasn't as bad as I remembered it either, actually quite palatable. I was very glad it came in a cup that reminded me of Kern's dressing instead of the glass bottle of poison that they've been serving the last few years.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
UA 580, ORD-LAX, 1/14/18
737-900, lunch

Choices were Chicken Tandoori or Asian chicken salad, picked the tandoori, no regrets. Chicken wasn't dry, rice was fine, tofu and sauce that was served with the entree was excellent. Pretzel roll was good. Some sort of lemon cake for dessert was acceptable.

Was it tofu in the side dish, or paneer (indian cheese)? Paneer has been served with tandoori chicken in the past.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by exerda
Only dinner option on the 5:50pm departure DEN-IAD was cheeseburger. "We can get something from the back if you like."
lol that was from the back. DEN first class catering issues

If you complain to 1kvoice that they failed to meet published meal standards they'll give you a $125 e-cert.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:36 pm

That meal was from the back, same one you can buy in Y.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
That meal was from the back, same one you can buy in Y.
Would have been badly tempted to ask if I could get one of the cheeseburgers from the back instead
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by physioprof
Was it tofu in the side dish, or paneer (indian cheese)? Paneer has been served with tandoori chicken in the past.
My tandoori last month was served with paneer. I also enjoyed this choice.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by physioprof
Whoops missed this comment, my lack of knowledge for Indian cuisine has confused paneer for tofu, it was definitely paneer.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Only dinner option on the 5:50pm departure DEN-IAD was cheeseburger. "We can get something from the back if you like."....Breakfast on IAD-DEN was 2 options, at least, though the quality is falling through the toilet. I'm sorry; a thin bun with a sliver of ham and sculpted rubber egg product is not "breakfast" on a 3.5 hour flight.
I've noticed that a lot of posters have reported the cheeseburgers served in F don't get the pickles/lettuce/tomato. If this was the case on your flight, I wonder if ordering the cheeseburger from the back might have produced these items - "I want the 'coach' burger, not the 'F' burger".

As for the breakfast, I had one of the better ones recently HNL-LAX last week - it was described as a egg/green pepper/chicken omelette, but what came out looked more like migas, with a egg/pepper scramble on tortillas, topped with (I assume) chopped chicken sausage. It was pretty darn good w/ perfect amount of spiciness. Other choice was cereal.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I've noticed that a lot of posters have reported the cheeseburgers served in F don't get the pickles/lettuce/tomato. If this was the case on your flight, I wonder if ordering the cheeseburger from the back might have produced these items - "I want the 'coach' burger, not the 'F' burger".
Pretty sure the burgers in the back don't come with fresh veg out of DEN. It is a function of their kitchen being closed down. Probably no limes for drinks either. Only pre-packaged stuff.

Burgers from other airports should come with the veg.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Lunch flight LAX-IAH today, choice of paella or salad with chicken (as above). Paella was ok.
On a lunch flight SNA-ORD last week I picked the "paella." I'm not usually one to complain about the food on United but I was stunned by the lackluster appearance of this dish: 3 small shrimp and 3 small sausage lumps on an otherwise unadorned bed of dry saffron rice. Wow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.