Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA agent cannot book this itinerary found on ITA Matrix

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA agent cannot book this itinerary found on ITA Matrix

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
It's allowed, I am able to price this in GDS.
Code:
FQN 1-1    ADT YYCBKK UA  KLX0ZAM2  PU 1 S                                     
FQN 1-2    ADT BKKYYC NH  KLX0ZAM2  PU 1 S
Originally Posted by docbert
I'd guess this is your problem :

You're asking UA too sell you an NH fare. Technically the rules allow that (both the UA and NH fare allow combining with a NH and UA fare respectively), but I'm guessing United isn't doing it anyway.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Called UA again. Gave them UA7990 and UA7994 for the NH flights inbound. No codeshare available for AC.

Same...CSR couldn't do it. She didn't really give me an explanation.

Oh well. Not a big deal. Guess I'll go thru USA :P
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
I have managed to reproduce ITA flights on Google flights and push it into UA when bomb.com could not generate the itinerary.

When I did it the "trick" was to totally ignore the price that Google flight shows, but to choose the flights I wanted. ITA priced the itinerary correctly, the same itinerary on Google flights was about 5 times the price, but when pushed to UA, the correct price and flights showed and ticketed successfully; this was on a more complicated itinerary, but not by much, and only included one UA metal flight (the last one on the return section).
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Originally Posted by Seks
2. Straight to canadian customs on the way home instead of going thru USA
Sorry, but I don't get this comment.

YVR immigration/customs is a living hell at the best of times. I avoid flying thru YVR for this reason alone.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat; Marriott Gold; SPG Gold; Hyatt Gold; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by KDS777
Sorry, but I don't get this comment.

YVR immigration/customs is a living hell at the best of times. I avoid flying thru YVR for this reason alone.
If the destination is Canada, OP needs to deal with CBSA one way or the other, and would rather only deal with CBSA, than both CBSA and CBP. And if I have to deal with mid-trip immigration formalities, I’d rather do it somewhere with hourly flights to my destination, instead of one or twice daily, in case of delays.

YVR isn’t that bad for Canadian passport holders, especially if you avoid the mid-morning crunch of Asian arrivals (not likely for OP) and general summer cruise line chaos. My typical evening arrivals let me be out of there about 15 min after deplaning.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Got the itinerary ticketed, thanks to a TA. Been a while since I do long haul in Y. But for the price of this tinerary, I'm willing to suffer

Tnx everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.