Wiki Posts
Search

PBI question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MP - 1K, Hyatt - Platt, SPG - Gold
PBI question

Flying on Sunday from PBI to EWR and then connecting to Europe. With trump in town, people have mentioned that there is a greater chance of delay due to flight restrictions related to Air Force 1 and his general security.

i have a 2hr connection, and can SDC (it’s a Y fare). Should I move to an earlier flight? The only issue is the earlier flight is 7am while the one I am on is 11:15am.

Any experience with AF1 related delays?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by nyr2299
Flying on Sunday from PBI to EWR and then connecting to Europe. With trump in town, people have mentioned that there is a greater chance of delay due to flight restrictions related to Air Force 1 and his general security.

i have a 2hr connection, and can SDC (it’s a Y fare). Should I move to an earlier flight? The only issue is the earlier flight is 7am while the one I am on is 11:15am.

All depends on what time Hair Force One takes off. My guess is a round of golf will delay departure until mid-afternoon. They're not going to announce the schedule, though. Even with an hour delay, you're gonna be OK. If I was in same situation, I would not change - but that's just me.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Arrival and departure should be at the same terminal, so the connection would be easy.

If there are air restrictions, they would apply to both arrivals and departures. You should be okay.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
There are also flights out of FLL that may be better timed and can SDC to.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by nyr2299

Are you on a Y fare or in the Y cabin? If a true Y fare, no reason to SDC. You can switch to pretty much anything you want at any time.

The only times I am afraid of missing a connection is if I have a secured upgrade or if I MUST be at the destination upon scheduled arrival. If you are flexible - have fun ... You might have the opportunity to switch to a fun alternative!
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Arrival and departure should be at the same terminal, so the connection would be easy.

If there are air restrictions, they would apply to both arrivals and departures. You should be okay.
I think the OP is worried by missing EWR connection, not a connection at PBI.

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
There are also flights out of FLL that may be better timed and can SDC to.
Can not use SDC to change origin or destination airports (just connecting airports/rerouting).
Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I think the OP is worried by missing EWR connection, not a connection at PBI.
For clarification of my previous post, if the arrival flight into EWR would be delayed due to air restriction, then there is a good chance the departure flight from EWR would be as well.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Repooc17
For clarification of my previous post, if the arrival flight into EWR would be delayed due to air restriction, then there is a good chance the departure flight from EWR would be as well.
The air restriction would be around PBI at takeoff. EWR would not be affected as Hair One is probably going to Andrews. They do not shut down the entire system when the president flies.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
The air restriction would be around PBI at takeoff. EWR would not be affected as Hair One is probably going to Andrews. They do not shut down the entire system when the president flies.
Thanks for the context!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.